View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Gfx Pack 
Selling plater

Post Re: Gfx Pack
can somebody go through a step by step on how to do this? i know he has already done so at the top but it hasnt worked and im desperate for this pack

anybody kind enough to help?

cheers

Tue May 15, 2012 1:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Can someone do me a big favour and resize the two frankel pics on here to 1600 x 900, tried to do it in paint but just cant get it to work driving me bloody mad! Any other resizing tool that someone can recommend?

Tue May 15, 2012 5:50 pm
Group 1 winner

me too ms paint is awfull at resizing it distorts the hell out of a pic

any decent image resizing software that is free

cheapskate i no 8) :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Would you please be able to upload a download for newspaper and banners and the big screen sponsor only as that is the bits I would like? And when installing should you save a copy of the original files just in case- and does the same installation process apply?

Tue May 15, 2012 10:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
Would you please be able to upload a download for newspaper and banners and the big screen sponsor only as that is the bits I would like? And when installing should you save a copy of the original files just in case- and does the same installation process apply?

Ubar, Just download the full pack to your desktop, and then just drag the elements you want into your game - that's what I did.

Tue May 15, 2012 10:38 pm
Handicapper

hackett wrote:
Can someone do me a big favour and resize the two frankel pics on here to 1600 x 900, tried to do it in paint but just cant get it to work driving me bloody mad! Any other resizing tool that someone can recommend?

I resized the Frankel picture for you Hackett and I will get around to uploading it for you tomorrow as I need to rush offline soon.

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
me too ms paint is awfull at resizing it distorts the hell out of a pic

any decent image resizing software that is free

cheapskate i no 8) :lol:

If you know of a picture you want re-sizing let me know pjrhodes1970 and I will do it for you.

Tue May 15, 2012 10:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Reply
It's always important to start resizing with a clean image, and also reset if it's not quite right, rather than resizing on top of an image already resized, as the pixel degradation will just leave you with mush. I find Ultimate Paint the best, but others may differ.
The problem with the Frankel shot on the heath is that the image is pretty small to begin with, and trying to stretch the hell out of it doesn't end well. I've done the best I can, so if you go back and download the Frankel file again, the wide-screen folders are now included.

Ubar - The easiest thing would actually be to download the mini-pack, a post below the main post, open it, delete the stuff you don;t want, then just drop the rest it. There is far less to look through in that pack so it's easy to spot what you want removed.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Ok cheers for your help guys

Wed May 16, 2012 6:24 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
GGBall If you know of a picture you want re-sizing let me know pjrhodes1970 and I will do it for you.

Thanks mate much appreciated but going to try the one DB suggested
I am always resizing images for my blog and website so need to find some decent resizing software because mspaint is brutal with resizing
thanks for kind offer mate

Wed May 16, 2012 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Reply
Dancing Brave wrote:
It's always important to start resizing with a clean image, and also reset if it's not quite right, rather than resizing on top of an image already resized, as the pixel degradation will just leave you with mush. I find Ultimate Paint the best, but others may differ.
The problem with the Frankel shot on the heath is that the image is pretty small to begin with, and trying to stretch the hell out of it doesn't end well. I've done the best I can, so if you go back and download the Frankel file again, the wide-screen folders are now included.

Ubar - The easiest thing would actually be to download the mini-pack, a post below the main post, open it, delete the stuff you don;t want, then just drop the rest it. There is far less to look through in that pack so it's easy to spot what you want removed.

WOW ultimate paint is excellent DB should have been using this for years
here is an image of camelot winning the guineas cropped from a bigger image it was the size of a postage stamp and look
what i was able to do with it thanks DB

Wed May 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

GGBall wrote:
hackett wrote:

I resized the Frankel picture for you Hackett and I will get around to uploading it for you tomorrow as I need to rush offline soon.

Thanks for that but finally got it to work, once i left it alone awhile and went back to it got it done straight away.

Wed May 16, 2012 5:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Reply
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Dancing Brave wrote:

WOW ultimate paint is excellent DB should have been using this for years
here is an image of camelot winning the guineas cropped from a bigger image it was the size of a postage stamp and look
what i was able to do with it thanks DB

Wow looks good PJR, thanks for the tip DB, will have a look at ultimate paint.

Wed May 16, 2012 5:28 pm
Group 1 winner

ultimate paint is superb just wish i knew about it before its all class like the horse above

Wed May 16, 2012 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Reply
I've been faffing about with the silks on the standard graphics, to make a flat only set. Don't expect anything like the level Thomas can rattle off, but they seem to be ok and do a job. I've replaced some of the jumping colours with the nine sets below, and have added sashes and epaulettes to those existing that needed them. The Shah colours are still a work in progress, the Aga and Highclere colours need tightening and then I'll need to sort out the little icons for them, but with a bit of luck, given what a pain in the arse they are to do, it'll be complete sometime tomorrow evening.

(Not sure if Harris has any horses anymore, since Swinburn gave up his licence, but I like the colours, so hey ho)

Here is a brief example -

Edit :

A couple of the silks bleed with this blending software, as you can see from the leader above, and his blue reigns, so I need to redo a large part of the two sets in question, meaning a delay to Tuesday somepoint.

Sun May 20, 2012 4:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Silks look good DB. Even better with Thomas' graphics I should think.

Sun May 20, 2012 5:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next