View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 pictures of horses and background picture? 
Selling plater

Post pictures of horses and background picture?
i notice some people have picture of real life horses instead of just the normal game picture of the horse? can anyone tell me how to do this??

also how do you change the background picture?

cheers

Mon May 14, 2012 4:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: pictures of horses and background picture?
Check the game mods section, you'll find some top downloads there.

Mon May 14, 2012 5:43 pm
Handicapper

The directory path where the picture(s) need to be placed are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Starters Orders 5\gfx\bd

The folders ws#### contain files named wp1 and wp2. All you need to do is rename the picture you want to use as the background to wp1 and wp2 and place them in the correct folder for the resolution you are using when you play the game. Please be aware the picture has to be in bitmap format (.bmp).

For example I use 1600x768 resolution, therefore I placed two identical pictures and named them wp1 and wp2 into the Folder named ws768.

Folder ws720 = resolution 1280x720
Folder ws768 = resoltuon 1280x768
Folder ws800 = resolution 1280x800
Folder ws1080 = resolution 1600x1080
Folder ws768 = resolution 1600x768

When you load the game up be sure to change the scheme (which is on the load game screen) to User instead of Standard.

Here is a an example of mine with one of my favourite all time horses Rocketman ;)

There are probably better explained examples out there on the mod section but I figured I would try to help you out.

Last edited by GGBall on Wed May 16, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue May 15, 2012 7:54 pm
Selling plater

^^ That looks outstanding. I tried to use your instructions and they were pretty good. It took me forever to get it right though. My problem was that the image has to be that same size in order to work and I had a lot of trouble trying to get the image to that size. Used an image converter and it didn't put it in the size it claimed it was going to. Ended up having to have the image converter resize it to a much larger size and then used an image resizer to lower the size to the correct size to fit my screen. Hopefully I like the background because it's going to stay there a while. lol

Wed May 16, 2012 9:19 am
Handicapper

Comebakatz wrote:
^^ That looks outstanding. I tried to use your instructions and they were pretty good. It took me forever to get it right though. My problem was that the image has to be that same size in order to work and I had a lot of trouble trying to get the image to that size. Used an image converter and it didn't put it in the size it claimed it was going to. Ended up having to have the image converter resize it to a much larger size and then used an image resizer to lower the size to the correct size to fit my screen. Hopefully I like the background because it's going to stay there a while. lol

I had a little trouble at first but that was because I was orignally told you had to change every picture in every ws#### folder which is not true. Unfortunately the size has to be exact and without having a fairly dedicated imaging tool such as Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop it can be a pain in the back side :(

I am glad the walkthough helped some what and enjoy the game : )

Wed May 16, 2012 1:21 pm
Group 1 winner

[quote="GGBall"]
Here is a an example of mine with one of my favourite all time horses Rocketman ;)

Thats a great picture there grant what course is that?

Wed May 16, 2012 5:32 pm
Handicapper

hackett wrote:
Thats a great picture there grant what course is that?

I think that would be Kranji in Singapore most likely taken when he won the 1m Krisflyer International Sprint. Rocketman absolutely loves it at that racecourse, he has won 18 times out of 20 races at the meet, finishing 2nd on the other two occasions.

Wed May 16, 2012 5:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Impressive!

Wed May 16, 2012 7:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]