View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Updated Japan Showcase 
Group 1 winner

Post Updated Japan Showcase
Evening all,

I've spent the last couple of days overhauling the Japanese showcase within Starters Orders 5, this means adding a whole heap of races at their correct distances, correct tracks (apart from Takamatsunomiya Kinen which is run at Chukyo), and I've also included correct prize money using the Yen/GBP converter.

Each race has also been given the correct amount of runners in line with the Japan Racing Authority, so making it as realistic as possible.

Place the showcase file in C > Program Files > Starters Orders 5 > Data > 6

Download via the link below...

**Right Click Save Target As**

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Updated Japan Showcase
great work Jamie

Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:57 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Been meaning to say "WoW" great work

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:11 am
Handicapper

Would be nice if someone made a flat schedule in chronical time order with these new showcases, i can never seem to be them to work properly. I like PJR's schedule, but it would be cool to have a close to real life date schedule.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:16 pm
Group 1 winner

MaLuckyDay wrote:
Would be nice if someone made a flat schedule in chronical time order with these new showcases, i can never seem to be them to work properly. I like PJR's schedule, but it would be cool to have a close to real life date schedule.

I toyed with doing the full Japan showcase on the correct dates, without any of the English races and it worked fairly well. I think the problem you'll face though if creating a flat schedule with all races from each nation, you are going to run out of horses to run in those races, and thus end up with diluted fields.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I think if you do a big enough schedule with full nat spread most of the nations horse will end up in there respective country races but when your breeding 30-50 horses it makes it easy to spread your horses out amongst all countries.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:38 pm
Selling plater

Nice work!!

I have some question on adding the schedule.

At "edit the game schedule" first I have change Ssn End (flat) to 365.(Changing the US schedule)

But when I tried to added the race at December(like Arima Kinen), it said "FAILED" and I can not add the race. Am I missing some step?

Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:50 am
Handicapper

Hi Duke,

any chance you can send us a schedule with the Japanese races mixed in with a US or UK Flat schedule.. im having errors, when I add some of these races, start a new game, exit and save, go back in and the game crashes, not sure why this is occurring.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:13 am
Group 1 winner

wachi wrote:
Nice work!!

I have some question on adding the schedule.

At "edit the game schedule" first I have change Ssn End (flat) to 365.(Changing the US schedule)

But when I tried to added the race at December(like Arima Kinen), it said "FAILED" and I can not add the race. Am I missing some step?

There appears to be a problem with the schedule creator in which you have to add the last race first, if you've already got schedule races in the schedule then it wont let you add any races after that date. You could do it manually via the showcase files within your folder? If you don't know how to do that I could perhaps try and do it for you?

MaLuckyDay wrote:
Hi Duke,

any chance you can send us a schedule with the Japanese races mixed in with a US or UK Flat schedule.. im having errors, when I add some of these races, start a new game, exit and save, go back in and the game crashes, not sure why this is occurring.

I'm currently working on a schedule which has a mixture of UK, IRE, US, FRA, JAP, DUB races thrown in. It is far from perfect but the field sizes appear to be holding up at the moment, and I've done a few tweaks to some of the lesser group races to stop them being populated by the better horses. I think it'll take a few more days to refine but hoping to get something released by the end of the week (fingers crossed).

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Thanks mate i'd appreciate anything you create, your help is fantastic.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:56 pm
Selling plater

Thank you Duke, but I will try to do it and if not work, I will be waiting for your schedule.

Meanwhile I would tried to get the picture for Japanese Trainer/Jockey. (I do not know, if there is any need, but I hope it will add some flavor for Japanese schedule)

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:21 am
Group 1 winner

Work on schedule has ceased until problems are resolved with foreign horses actually turning up for races in their own country over trips in excess of 1 mile.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]