View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Changing data files 
Group 1 winner

Post Changing data files
I have discovered that it may be possible to change data files and incorporate them into a current game. I am currently playing a flat game in 2022 or something like that, and i had seen that for years the irish cesarewitch had been a 0-180 handicap, which is wrong, and so after i had downloaded the latest patch i altered the file to make it a 110 race. I then noticed whilst playing my current game that irish cesarewitch had chnaged to a 0-110 handicap. Does this mean any data file amendments we make will enter our current game now?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Changing data files
Can anyone back me up on this?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:38 pm
Group 1 winner

ya i have changed the july cup king stand sprint cup champions sprint Golden jubilee to open races so my 2yo can run in them
its the showcase file you can change that anytime and goes into your game straight away
back up the showcase b4 doing anything though
i dont mess with the race type though or prizemoney just the age bracket

Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Do you know if anything else ie jockeys, trainers files etc. can be changed and go into game without having to start a new one then?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Mine doesn't change, i upped the prize money to one race and it said on the entries that it had gone from 150 to 200 but when i looked after the race it still said 150. Perhap it changes after the season??

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:50 pm
Selling plater

Yes, you can change race details in a current schedule/showcase. I tweak mine most seasons. However you are limited in what you can do. You can change the race name, prize money, and race specs. What you can't do is add/delete a race or change venue. You can change preps, but you can't add or delete a prep. Also note that a change will not take affect if it is within the dates that nominations are being accepted for the race. The best time to make changes is at the end of the season, but you can change in your current season as long as it is a 6 weeks approx in advance.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]