View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Starters Orders **5** Fire Theme Mod 
Handicapper

Post Starters Orders **5** Fire Theme Mod
Over the past several weeks, on and off, I have worked on a mod for SO5. I have been dabbling with changes of SO5 for several months, but have never really worked on a specific theme. I tended to change the UI from time to time, and a few race pictures, however I have decided to work on pastures new.

I have loosely decided to call the mod "Fire and Ice", not so much Ice, as there is much more Fire, but you will get the idea :)

There *may* be a couple of similar pictures from previous mod(s) (unfortunately can't give credit as I do not know who contributed, if you see a picture of yours then pipe up so i can), but they have been changed slightly.
To name a few changes : actual UI, race day *pictures* (except the actual 'venue picture', again no idea who to contribute too) also *all* of the icons/buttons which has been quite hard work, this is mainly due to the amount of detail required for such small resolution. I have changed the drop down bars again, lost count of how many times i have done this!!

I have added a few pictures below to show you what the content may look like **please note the square flags have been replaced by new country icons, see #4):

1. Opening Page.

2. Load/Create game page. You can see the bar and UI changes for the first time here.

3. Main game screen.

4. Icons. Closer look at the group numbers, horse sex and horse training icons. Also I have done the pacifier, retainer, replay, form, information just to mention a few amendments.

Image (NEW country icons)

5. Breeding menu and linage amendments.

6. Horse stats bar, with Linage button.

7. Race day.

*betting slip picture created by someone but I do not know who created, I added the trophy and the lighting effect to it*

BETA version INSTRUCTIONS

Be aware that there is an extremely small chance something can go wrong, so please please please backup your data before. Copying StartersOrders5/gfx folder into a newly created folder named Backup (put this anywhere you know where to retrieve from) is easier to copy back than to restore everything all over again.

I have zipped up the files and below is a brief description of where to put the files (experienced modders or users of mods can skip)

The mod can be downloaded from Sendspace

Sendspace link : https://www.sendspace.com/file/9mpnn7 (editted 24/06/2014)
Then click : Click here to start download from Sendspace

Unzip Instructions :

During the copying contents stage select replace when prompted.

1. Unzipping Fire and Ice.zip to display other .zip folders, following the steps below to complete the process ensuring they go into the right folders
2. Unzip bd.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx/bd folder
3. Unzip bgscale.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx/tables/bgscale folder
4. Unzip bmp.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx/tables/bmp folder
5. Unzip bullets.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx/bullets folder
6. Unzip buttons.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx/buttons folder
7. Unizip headers.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx/tables/headers folder
8. Unzip icons.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx/icons folder
9. Unzip input.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx/input folder
10. Unzip lb.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx/lb folder
11. Unzip misc.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx/misc folder
12. Unzip race.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx/race folder (turfs and banner folders into turfs and banner folders, the contents of turfs and banners were created by various modders who can let me know who so I can created their great work)
13. Unzip sliders.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx/sliders folder
14. Unzip ttips.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx/ttips folder

Optional folders:
1. Unzip horses.zip into the StartersOrders5/Portraits/horses folder (I created quite a few new ones in this folder showing in race pic of jockey and horse, there may still be some old pics from various modders inside)
2. Unzip MOUSE.zip into the StartersOrders5/gfx folder (This is the fire horse mouse icon for this mod)

Optional Mod Link:
The following post contains links to MOUSE icons I created for use with SO5, follow the instructions on the post.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8058

Notes of warning :
I designed the mod originally for dark backgrounds, generally black or the ones that I have included. The gfx I have created should all be in .png format therefore should be transparent, that way it shouldn't be to much of an issue. That said there maybe a chance that 'some' icons 'may' be hard to read if you go with backgrounds with many different colours.

I have not amended the race day UI for the files named:
turf_flat_j
turf_flat_j_800
turf_flat_j_1080
turf_flat_j_vw1600
What this means is that you may be forced to use the default race UI for Jumps or when you control the horse, but most likely not, it will not be an issue regardless.

Mod in game help (work in progress):

Adjust Training:

Race rediness indicators: Blue flame= No where near ready to race - Amber/Blue Flame= Requires more fitness to race - Amber flame= Raring to Race

Training:
Training intensity: Blue Flame= Low - Amber= Medium - Red= Hard
Emphesis: Blue Horse: Lot training (see Improve stats) - Amber Horse= Stamina Emphesis - Red Horse: Speed Emphesis
Improve stats: Arrow= defaults to Emphesis training (see Emphesis training) - AGI= Agility training to increas agility and cornering - STA= Starting training, helps prevent slow starts

Gallop:
Horse shoes: Blue horse shoe= Not galloping - Amber horse shoe= Selected to gallop
Select/de-select lead horse: Blue horse= Non lead horse - Amber horse= lead horse for gallop

Exclamation mark:
Blue exclamation= Training data not viewed for the horse - Amber exclamation mark= Training data has been viewed for that horse

Mod creation feedback:

I invite any advice on how to improve/tweak the mod.
If there is something out of place in the mod, or just isn't right then let me know and I will try to help out, remember this is a BETA version so there maybe a view issues which I have not come across yet.

Last edited by GGBall on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 23 times in total.

Sun May 12, 2013 5:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Project Fire and Ice
Brilliant work GGBall, you can certainly tell that you have really worked hard at this. I would like a larger font for the date on the main screen and that's me being picky lol. But, overall it is fantastic.

Sun May 12, 2013 9:26 pm
Group 1 winner

agree great work

Mon May 13, 2013 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Looks really good, top work.

Mon May 13, 2013 10:24 pm
Handicapper

exxplozion wrote:
Brilliant work GGBall, you can certainly tell that you have really worked hard at this. I would like a larger font for the date on the main screen and that's me being picky lol. But, overall it is fantastic.

Believe me I have been trying to figure out how to amend the fonts in it's entirety, however it definitely appears hard coded so the likelihood of a change on this front is slim at best, but I am a determined bugger :)

If you guys can think of anything else you would like added let me know and I will see what I can do.

Tue May 14, 2013 12:59 pm
Handicapper

Probably a good idea I do not attempt to much in the way of the hard-coding :!:

3. You acknowledge that the Program in source code form remains a confidential trade secret of Strategic Designs Ltd. You agree not to modify or attempt to reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Program, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.

Tue May 14, 2013 1:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Well, thats clear then!

Tue May 14, 2013 5:06 pm
Group 1 winner

OK I understand mate brilliant work really looking forward to this mod. :D

Tue May 14, 2013 11:07 pm
Handicapper

Had a spare 5 minutes at work so knocked up this gate.

Colours are not final, so subject to change.

Am I correct in assuming (believe it or not that does happen from time to time) PJR is the editor of the UKRA News newsletter for the league?
If so, is there an official logo, or anything that is kinda official that you want on the gate PJR?
I just put the horse picture and the slogan "Where champions become legends..." on there as I thought it was kinda cool but will change if required :lol:

Wed May 15, 2013 4:16 pm
Group 1 winner

really like that mate there are no official logos just the one i made for UKRA News and the slogan is great perfect

Wed May 15, 2013 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

As a relative newbie to the game id like to say the work you done here is superb, really impressed

Sat May 18, 2013 8:56 am
Group 2 winner

This is mint, i hope its released soon :D

Sat May 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Handicapper

I would appreciate some people to play test the mod (BETA version). I want to see whether there is anything that I have missed out, or you feel could be improved. Also I want to make sure that I have not missed anything in the .zip files that should be there.

Please follow the instructions in the main post.

You can use the pictures in the main post as a guideline as to what the icons, bars etc should look like in game. Be aware that the race day horse and jockey graphics in my main post may differ to yours as I have not included any of the horse/jockey race day animation files, so these will use your default files. You will still have the new gate, photo finish etc... gfx i created.

Let me know if there is anything missing, or acting strange, so I can correct it. When you have let me know that it is up to scratch, I can officially advise this is a 100% working mod.

Thanks for your help.

Fri May 24, 2013 3:27 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Project Fire requiring Beta testers
Sorry for the links randomly vanishing on this forum, it has now been resolved.

The mod can be downloaded from Sendspace
Direct link to contents : http://fs07n2.sendspace.com/dl/64be5e65 ... %20Ice.zip

Sendspace link in case you don't trust me ;) : http://www.sendspace.com/file/4yseh0
Then click : Click here to start download from Sendspace

Instructions are in the main post(first post).

Hopefully some constructive feed back will arise from testing :)

Fri May 24, 2013 9:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Project Fire requiring Beta testers
Brilliant!!!!
I will gladly test this over the next few days and get back to you by mid week next week.
Thanks again for this mod it looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Fri May 24, 2013 10:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next