View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 South American Game 
Group 1 winner

Post South American Game
I had an idea to make a South American game, by changing all the existing countries to south american countries and create my own south american racing schedule. I thought that if i leave the existing S05 folder and copy it and call it S052 or something, and edit this one, would i be able to play the original by clicking the application in the original S05 folder and play my edited version by clicking the application in the SO52 folder. Can they both exist and be playable at the same time or would the new one have to overtake the original.
Thanks

Thu May 30, 2013 10:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: South American Game
Answer yes it would be possible if say you used the North American courseS and changed the course Names to south American courses but you would also have to change the Course Data racecourse in the wp Folder then you would have to Change Trainers jockeys etc.
And then you would have to Change the course names in the tracks folders I made my own Racetrack and that's what your doing really aslong as you use say Belmont Park a one course in Chile and named anything Belmont Park with the new Chile Racecourse this would work.

And if you kept it in its own named folder you can call it what you like but you would have to click on the Starters Orders logo in that folder for that game to work.

Fri May 31, 2013 12:07 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

So if i copy the folder and so have two S05 folders, one can have south american courses and the other north american and by clicking the logo in each folder both versions are playable ?

Fri May 31, 2013 11:07 am
Group 1 winner

Yes i have a couple of so5 in different folder one with the original game i started with and another with a new Schedule and Game in another Folder if i want to play the original i just go into that folder and click the SO5 Logo.

Fri May 31, 2013 2:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

cool, thanks mate

Fri May 31, 2013 3:13 pm
Group 1 winner

i have started to make the schedule on the schedule editor but it is only working when i put races on that are before the other races, so i have to do it backwards otherwise it says failed

Fri May 31, 2013 8:02 pm
Group 1 winner

qwsa wrote:
i have started to make the schedule on the schedule editor but it is only working when i put races on that are before the other races, so i have to do it backwards otherwise it says failed

Put the very last race in your schedule in first then you can put the rest in anywhere you want.

Fri May 31, 2013 8:46 pm
Group 1 winner

ok thanks

Fri May 31, 2013 8:58 pm
Group 1 winner

i have put all the races in from one country, i prepped them so i could see how well it works in the game, so now ive done the showcase for the next country, and just wanted to know if i can use the in game editor to put the races in without disrupting the prep races.
thanks

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:31 am
Group 1 winner

They shouldn't. Although the game in previous patches would mess up your prep races by changing them to another race. Personally I would put all the races I'm going to use in my schedule and then do the preps last.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:59 am
Group 1 winner

yes i should have done, but i wanted to get the first country right before i added other countries.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:44 pm
Group 1 winner

I have made the brazilian schedule and it works really well, i made up the schedule but i have got the most realistic i have ever had with a derby of horses with excellent form, lots of two year olds finnish the season with good form, i am really happy with it, but when i try to add in another country it loses the realism as horses run in international races rather than brazilian races. Its so annoying

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]