View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Older horses 
Group 1 winner

Post Older horses
Does anyone have any ideas on how to make horses retire earlier, so less older horses, so there can be more two year olds, maybe there its possible to edit the showcase or schedule to make them retire earlier, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Older horses
any ideas anyone?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:10 am
Handicapper

Doubt you can, honestly. I'm fiddling with a schedule at the moment that's only for 2-4 year olds, but older horses will still enter into the random lower class races as well as the races for countries I didn't edit. Even if you edit every race to be only for 2 or 3 year olds (or something like that), older horses will always have races to run due to the random ones generated each year. Rather curious if there's a ratio of horse ages in the game.

Only thing you really can do is watch the retirement notice at the start of a new season and see if enough older horses retired. If not, quit and reload. May take a lot of tries and due to the number of horses in the game, chances are you won't get rid of all the ones you want to get rid of.

You can buy up every older horse you catch at auction and retire them yourself. That'll get rid of a chunk right there. Might not get the ones you want, but you get rid of some. Noticed a good many end up in sellers and claimers after a while.

One way I cheat the system from time to time, I add a few feature seller races to the schedule. Usually don't get anything too noteworthy entering, but I'm sure if I fiddled with requirements and add prep races, I'd get something good. Put in a couple of those for older horses sprinkled throughout the year to let you buy the winner and you'll get rid of more of the older horses. Such a shame we can't change schedules on the fly anymore. Miss that from SO2. So that one kind of requires some preplanning.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:35 pm
Group 1 winner

would buying a load of older horses and retiring them myself, make for more two year olds the following season?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:27 pm
Group 1 winner

does anyone know if it would?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:36 pm
Handicapper

Could just do it and see for yourself. Can't learn everything from people telling you. Granted, not sure about you, but I don't want to count every horse retired at the end of the season and then try to count how many 2 year olds enter the game the next season, then see if buying and retiring horses results in more 2 year olds. That's a LOT of horses.

As it stands, there's only like 4000 horses in play at a time. Whether this counts those in the breeding barn or not is up for debate and not sure if it counts your own horses in it as well. Again, counting 4000 horses (or more) a season is quite a lot.

From the looks of it, the game is set to introduce a set number of 2 year olds every season and force retires an equal number of older horses to keep things balanced. It's possible it may equate in any horses you buy and then retire, but the number you can effectively do that with is rather small so you likely won't make a dent anyway.

The game has restrictions. Each iteration of the series has reduced those. SO6 will reduce them even further. We know the database of names is being increased so only natural to assume the number of horses in training will also go up.

Put simply, I very much doubt there is any way to force the game to generate more 2 year olds than it does currently. If you have a custom schedule with a lot of 2 year old races, you're better off just reducing the number you have if filling them is an issue. Or change the age of the races so older horses run in them as well.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]