View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The 2013 US & Canada Mega Showcase/Schedule + New Tracks 
Group 1 winner

Post The 2013 US & Canada Mega Showcase/Schedule + New Tracks
I don't usually throw around the word mega unless I have good reason. This is it. :shock: Using the Daily Racing Form's stakes results feature I have made a showcase file using almost all the stakes races run in the US and Canada in 2013. The schedule I've provided features only the graded races in it. To use all the races I've created would kill field sizes and quite possibly knock the Earth off its axis. :shock: It includes...

445 US Graded races / 1581 listed and listed handicaps
46 Canadian Graded races / 230 listed and listed handicaps
8 Dubai World Cup races

If you want some of the listed races in your schedule - edit the schedule I provide in the schedule editor or open it in notepad and do it there. I plan on making a region specific schedule with the listed races I want for myself featuring the tracks in and around the Maryland circuit. By request I'd be glad to make a region specific schedule for someone.

To accommodate these races I had to make a lot of new tracks. With some research online I tried to find which existing track in the game closely resembled each new track I made and I used their course specs. I've thrown in my Google Earth images for each track as a bonus - you can use those if you please; they're not a requirement. The new courses are...

New US tracks = 30 new tracks
Chippewa Downs
Columbus
Crooked River Roundup
Elko County Fair
Ferndale
Fonner Park
Fresno
Gillespie County Fair
Grants Pass
Indiana Downs
Kentucky Downs
Les Bois Park
Mt. Pleasant Meadows
North Dakota Horse Park
Ocala Training Center
Penn National
Pleasanton
Presque Isle Downs
Sacramento
Sandy Downs
Santa Cruz County Fair
Santa Rosa
Stockton
Sweetwater Downs
White Pine Racing
Will Rogers Downs
Zia Park

Evangeline Downs has a turf track now. The turf course specs. seem to be missing in the games original courses file.
Horseman's Park had its name changed to Horsemen's Park.
Philadelphia Park had its name changed to Parx Racing.

New Canadian tracks = 6 new tracks
Marquis Downs
Millarville
Sunflower Downs

The Canadian tracks originally found in the US "2" folder and their corresponding files have been moved to the Canadian "9" folder for realism sake.

I've simulated a full season without a crash and the pesky bug where the game would crash when you chose the race declarations button during certain days in June seems to not be there. That bug may occur somewhere on other days during the year - I just don't know yet if it still exists on some days in this schedule. (save often for safety's sake)

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: The 2013 US & Canada Mega Showcase/Schedule + New Tracks
Instructions - Backup your old files first

Download file and unzip it to your desktop or other holding area.

Copy and paste "data" folder found in "usadelux folder" to - Program Files>Starters Orders 5. Move and replace all files you're asked to overwrite.

Copy and paste "gfx" folder found in "usadelux folder" to - Program Files>Starters Orders 5. Move and replace all files you're asked to overwrite.

Copy and paste "sched_f_usatwentythirteen" to - Documents>My Documents>Starters Orders 5>Exports>Schedules>2

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p8l39 ... deluxe.zip

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:29 pm
Group 1 winner

wow amazing mate
great work Sirius

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hi, I have been working non-stop for the past day trying to get this to work. I have followed all of your instructions but every time I try to enter a game, it crashes AN says, cant match race (Marshuas River Stakes) to showcase db rec. Ive made sure everything was in place several times and it still wont work. Please help!

Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:06 pm
Group 1 winner

mred26 wrote:
Hi, I have been working non-stop for the past day trying to get this to work. I have followed all of your instructions but every time I try to enter a game, it crashes AN says, cant match race (Marshuas River Stakes) to showcase db rec. Ive made sure everything was in place several times and it still wont work. Please help!

Hey there Red. I re-installed the files I had and they worked and I downloaded my file above and re-installed them and they worked also. Only thing I can think of is that perhaps you didn't choose the sched_f_usatwentythirteen schedule when starting your new game. Make sure you pick USA option before the start screen too. Also copy and paste the data and gfx folders separately. Also you must start a new game for this to work.

If for some reason the file corrupted on you the Marshua's River Stakes showcase details should look exactly like this...

8.5,G3,4UP,FM
Gulfstream Park
Marshua's River Stakes
January

Schedule file details exactly like this...

Gulfstream Park
Marshua's River Stakes

Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Sirius how long did it take u to do it, I did some thing similar when I first had this game. I had to delete my game because I crashed my CK and I couldn't use it for the league.

It took me about six months to do it, and I only had about 16 courses in my game. None of the big courses just the small course's I follow in real life. I deleted every race and had to put in about 500 races, how many did u have to do. I hope mark has a lot of those course's in his game and if he doesn't then he should make it easier for us to make up.

I love that u got in most of the real small courses. :D

Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Top effort Sirius, hats off to you Sir!

Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:25 pm
Selling plater

Sirius can you please make me a schedule with the listed races in the south please and thanks for the work you put in

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:42 pm
Group 1 winner

trebird wrote:
Sirius can you please make me a schedule with the listed races in the south please and thanks for the work you put in

Thanks Tre. South as in which circuit? Pick a circuit or combine two at the most. To use every track in the "south" would kill field sizes when you include those races with the graded races.

Florida - Gulfstream, Ocala Training Center, Tampa, Calder

Louisiana - Fair Grounds, Louisiana Downs, Evangeline, Delta Downs

Texas - Lone Star, Sam Houston, Retama, Gilespie County Fair

Lower Midwest - Oaklawn, Prairie Meadows, Remington, Blue Ribbon Downs, Fair Meadows, Will Rogers Downs

Southwest - Sunland Park, Turf Paradise, Zia Park, Albuquerque, Sun Ray Park, Rillito Park, Ruidoso Downs, Santa Cruz County Fair

California - Santa Anita Park, Delmar Park, Hollywood Park, Golden Gate Fields, Fairplex Park, Ferndale, Fresno, Pleasanton, Sacramento, Santa Rosa, Stockton

While I'm at it I'll list the other circuits across the country that seem logical for others who may be interested...

New York - Belmont Park, Aqueduct Park, Saratoga Park, Finger Lakes, Monmouth Park

Pennsylvania - Parx Racing, Penn National, Delaware Park, Atlantic City

Maryland - Laurel Park, Pimlico, Charles Town, Colonial Downs

Ohio - Thistledown, Beulah Park, River Downs, Mountaineer Park, Presque Isle Downs, Mt. Pleasant Meadows

Kentucky - Churchill Downs, Keeneland Park, Ellis Park, Turfway Park, Kentucky Downs, Indiana Downs, Hoosier Park

Chicago - Arlington Park, Hawthorne, Woodbine, Fairmount Park, Canterbury Park

Upper Midwest - Arapahoe Park, Horsemen's Park, Blackfoot, Chippewa Downs, Columbus, Fonner Park, North Dakota Horse Park, Sweetwater Downs

Pacific Northwest - Emerald Downs, Portland Meadows, Hastings, Blackfoot, Crooked River Roundup, Elko County Fair, Grants Pass, Les Bois Park, Sandy Downs, White Pine Racing

Canada East - Woodbine, Fort Erie, Assiniboia Downs

Canada West - Hastings, Northlands Park, Alberta Downs, Grande Prairie, Lethbridge, Marquis Downs, Millarville, Sunflower Downs

Or if you're a pot luck type of person you could specify certain tracks in your custom circuit. 10 tracks at the most seems the right maximum of tracks to choose.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:23 am
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
wow amazing mate
great work Sirius

Quote:
Top effort Sirius, hats off to you Sir!

Thanks pj and GS!

Quote:
Sirius how long did it take u to do it, I did some thing similar when I first had this game. I had to delete my game because I crashed my CK and I couldn't use it for the league.

It took me about six months to do it, and I only had about 16 courses in my game. None of the big courses just the small course's I follow in real life. I deleted every race and had to put in about 500 races, how many did u have to do. I hope mark has a lot of those course's in his game and if he doesn't then he should make it easier for us to make up.
I love that u got in most of the real small courses. :D

Two months on and off a month of races at a time. The graded were easy because I had the showcase specs from last year. Just some cut and pasting to do. The listed races were a pain because after each month I had to simulate the game to make sure the info was correct. Almost always I had made a little mistake here or there and then had to go searching for the mistake. Pain in the butt. I made new showcase specs for about 1500+ new races. The new tracks were pretty easy to do. It's mind numbingly boring to do so I did bits and pieces at a time.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:44 am
Selling plater

can I please have a custom circuit that includes gulfstream Calder Tampa Belmont Saratoga aqueduct Charlestown fairgrounds Churchill Evangeline please

Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:52 am
Group 1 winner

trebird wrote:
can I please have a custom circuit that includes gulfstream Calder Tampa Belmont Saratoga aqueduct Charlestown fairgrounds Churchill Evangeline please

Can do. Take me a couple days at the most.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:53 am
Group 1 winner

What course did u use for the Bull Rings, is there a 4 furlong course in the game.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:46 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
What course did u use for the Bull Rings, is there a 4 furlong course in the game.

I used Hastings and Fairplex for the bullrings. Basically the tracks with a very pronounced inside draw bias.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:31 am
Group 1 winner

Here ya go tre. I simulated the season twice without a crash so it should work. There were quite a few races added so field sizes are going to be shorter than usual.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ac0tn ... 0sched.zip

Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next