View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 1:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Schedule 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Schedule
Yes please ghostzapper, that would be great to add to my world schedule

Thu May 22, 2014 6:13 pm
Group 1 winner

http://www.mediafire.com/view/4iwa6w2i7 ... -_Copy.dat

Thu May 22, 2014 6:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks ghostzapper, I was also wondering, i think mark is the only one who could answer this, i have seen the database is 3000 in flat game and 5000 in combined, i was wondering how high it is possible to make this

Thu May 22, 2014 7:26 pm
Group 1 winner

One update I would like for the schedule is realistic date progression, obviously this is hard wired into the game coding but instead of having the same dates being the same days each year, ie the 2000 guineas always being Saturday April 30th which wouldn't happen in real life, instead have the dates progress, starting off say at the 7th May and the next year the 6th, next year the 5th so on. I worked out for this to happen you'd have to have it prepared for a 28 year cycle to account for leap years though.

Thu May 22, 2014 9:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Making a japanese schedule is it possible to make newcomers races?

Thu May 22, 2014 9:52 pm
Group 1 winner

qwsa wrote:
Making a japanese schedule is it possible to make newcomers races?

U can make maiden races, just put a M there.

Thu May 22, 2014 10:01 pm
Group 1 winner

But newcomer races are for horses that have never ran before, is it possible to make a maiden like this?

Thu May 22, 2014 10:25 pm
Group 1 winner

qwsa wrote:
But newcomer races are for horses that have never ran before, is it possible to make a maiden like this?

you can have conditions races where its says COND Musthaverun try mustnothaverun :idea:

Thu May 22, 2014 10:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Can't do this I tried once before to make this french listed race that is for debutants but it wouldn't work

Thu May 22, 2014 10:44 pm
Handicapper

Ubar02 wrote:
Can't do this I tried once before to make this french listed race that is for debutants but it wouldn't work

I agree, it's been looked at before regarding the Wood Ditton Stakes

Fri May 23, 2014 9:33 am
Group 1 winner

Will there still be an in game schedule editor, its a lot easy to put all the races together onto a schedule this way so i am hoping so

Fri May 23, 2014 11:11 am
Group 1 winner

In the data files for the S06 trial, the only racecourse in the canada game is Toronto, will this change to an actual course when the game is released?

Fri May 23, 2014 11:36 am
Group 1 winner

qwsa wrote:
In the data files for the S06 trial, the only racecourse in the canada game is Toronto, will this change to an actual course when the game is released?

No. Due to copyright issues, it will stay as Toronto. But the track itself is Woodbine. All you need to do (presumably) is change the name of the course in the data file, and the name of the course in its respective course folder (in 3d). The second part isn't available yet so I do not know exactly how many names you will need to change, but that is what you need to do. The same thing applies to all the US courses and Meydan.

Fri May 23, 2014 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I have done a full japanese schedule with every feature race and lots of maidens and conditions races, same with hong kong, france and germany, so all horses from these countries can have full form. This will be by far the most realistic schedule we've ever had for SO if the game can allow for how I hope the schedule to be

Fri May 23, 2014 3:09 pm
Group 1 winner

I've been reading through this thread and some of the others that you've made, and as someone that has spent many hours creating, tweaking and testing schedules for these games, I just wanted to offer a bit of advice.

Firstly, I would avoid using any race types other than Group or Listed for overseas races. Overseas horses in the game debut with a pre-set rating, which averages between 95 and 105, although it's occasionally higher. This means that technically they should all be of at the very least Listed class, and most of them should be Group class. Therefore, Maidens and Conditions race are unnecessary, and if you're including all the Group and Listed races from any country, this will already be more than enough to provide background form for these horses. Also, it doesn't seem quite right to have a Maiden win appearing in a horse's feature race wins summary.

Secondly, although most of the overseas races will attract a field primarily from that country, you will definitely find that random horses from other countries, as well as UK horses, still randomly appear. This is because the game believes that any international races included in a schedule are the types or races that will attract overseas horses. It will also happen when there aren't enough appropriate races in the horse's own country, or if there are too many horses from a certain country and they need to find races (this is where the balance is almost impossible to get just right) to run in. You will notice this happens more often with 2yo and 3yo-only races.

Lastly, creating an overseas schedule of races from a certain country that includes a very wide range of distances will inevitably reduce the overall quality of the races from that country, as it will reduce the number of horses from that country that are allocated to each distance. If you want overseas races that are of a higher quality, it's better to concentrate on certain distance ranges for certain countries... for example, when it comes to Japan, you might want to concentrate more on the 1m/1m1f and 1m4f distances, so that the Autumn International races have higher quality fields.

I'm not trying to put you off doing what you're doing. It's a very ambitious project, and will take a lot of time to create, so I just wanted to offer a bit of advice.

Wed May 28, 2014 8:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next