View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Handicapper

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.0.1 (Beta Testing)
mjtags11 wrote:
Bobsworth - so I might have found the solution to the jumps schedule crashing. I realized that in the racecourse.db files, there are tracks that list courses that they don't have in the map file. So the game things there are more courses at a track than there are mapped out. I fixed up the irish courses for this but need to take a look at UK and French next (I think French courses is probably where the error is, as I've always had trouble with them). Will let you know.

Hit a snag tonight with the combined. While got rid of duplicates, fixed Punchestown festival, and balanced things out, I can't get the schedule to load when I use Cheltenham in the racecourses file; will crash if I try to add jumps2 and hurdles2 (but jumps 1 and hurdles1 works, most of the time). Need to spend tomorrow trying to fix this.

I ran a test of my own with the racecourses.db file from the default game to see if it could open both the default UK jumps game and and the StartIt UK jumps game. The 'Default' game worked... I ran the same .db file into the StartIt mod, using the sched_j.db file I supplied to you, and it crashed. But, I've discovered something that is confusing me... I started to gradually feed the StartIt UK jumps schedules, featureraces and racecourses into the default folder and so far it has been working. Suggests it has nothing to do with the imbalance between metadata in the racecourses file and actual courses in the map file. I will (steadily) feed in the Irish and French stuff and see what makes it crash.

Yeah, I remember having that problem with Cheltenham in getting jumps2 and hurdles2 to work. A start chute in the course editor would have been so useful. That way I could have used the same start chute for all four courses... as long as both the 2m4f and 4m chase events would start in that central start chute... as they do at the real Cheltenham.

Thu May 14, 2020 7:51 pm
Handicapper

Seems to run okay, just slow as previously mentioned. There do seem to be a couple of races without purses, but I didn't remember to screenshot the first. This is my horse I found in an auction early in the save and ran in one in Saudi Arabia (also without flag next to those races), he ran and won in the race with a $1 purse so didn't earn any money.

Thu May 14, 2020 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

ChrisOrmie wrote:
Seems to run okay, just slow as previously mentioned. There do seem to be a couple of races without purses, but I didn't remember to screenshot the first. This is my horse I found in an auction early in the save and ran in one in Saudi Arabia (also without flag next to those races), he ran and won in the race with a $1 purse so didn't earn any money.

I did realize this a few days ago... I left the commas in when I imported my data in to the showcase file making kit I have... so it cut off all the purses in Saudi Arabia to the first comma.
You'll get that fixed in the next update. But ya know, those $1 G1 Races are important!
And i'll check over why the flag isn't appearing. I must have missed a graphic file.

Fri May 15, 2020 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Yeah I noticed a bunch of those races once I started looking for them, and they all count - That horse has now won 4 of those $1 grade 1 races! :lol:

Fri May 15, 2020 4:41 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.0.2 (Beta Testing)
Start It 5.0.2 Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ric10zexevtg85p/Start_It_5.0.2_Patch.zip/file
To install, just place in your Starters Orders 7 folder.

New patch out now - which contains:
[*]Fixes for Combined Schedule in UK and Ireland.
[*]Fix for Galway.
[*]Making Cheltenham Old Course and Cheltenham New Course live.
[*]Rebalancing of UK and Irish Flat and Combined Schedules for Horse Pool.
[*]Minor feature race fixes.

Next Patch will Fix:
[*]Australian Courses Bug.
[*]Fixes to Combined Schedule in Australia.
[*]Additional fixes to rebalancing (since that will be an ongoing challenge for awhile)
[*]Possibly new Longchamp (may be this next patch or one after).

Fri May 15, 2020 5:42 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
Start It 5.0.2 Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ric10zexevtg85p/Start_It_5.0.2_Patch.zip/file

[*]Fix for Galway.

Next Patch will Fix:
[*]Additional fixes to rebalancing (since that will be an ongoing challenge for awhile)

I now have two choices under mods DB and Startit which do I choose?

Fri May 15, 2020 7:35 am
Selling plater

Been wondering if the enormous 7gb size of the courses folder is a possible cause of slowness. Any tracks not in use could go. Haven't looked in detail yet but I don't even recognize at least some of them in there so I'm sure they're not actually active in any schedule

Fri May 15, 2020 10:06 am
Group 1 winner

Greymantle wrote:
mjtags11 wrote:

[*]Fix for Galway.

Next Patch will Fix:

I now have two choices under mods DB and Startit which do I choose?

My bad. Drop the DB folder in mods into your Start It folder. This is supposed to update that - I’ll fix it in the download tonight but that’s the easy fix.

npdoughty88 wrote:
Been wondering if the enormous 7gb size of the courses folder is a possible cause of slowness. Any tracks not in use could go. Haven't looked in detail yet but I don't even recognize at least some of them in there so I'm sure they're not actually active in any schedule

What countries are you seeing the game run slow? I’ve only seen US where it takes a while to load (about 15 minutes) for a new game and simulating takes time. Ran a combined last night and took only about 5 minutes to load a new game and super quick between dates sims. How does that compare to vanilla SO7? Outside the US, these load times seem quicker than what I remember SO6 having.

And it shouldn’t be the course folder holding things up. Game only uses courses that are in the file and only loads the course upon watching the race.

Fri May 15, 2020 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Mj/Bobsworth,

I've tested it for about six hours, mainly checking how the void races and walk-overs situation works out after five seasons.
Great job. I am really content, and couldn't ask for anything more. Thank you both for taking my feedback on board.
Those beautiful little 0-90 hurdle races in Ireland are sadly not attracting runners. Many have not been contested after five seasons. I suspect it's that in the original game many horses begin their hurdling careers having been already assigned a rating which is higher than 90. And it is very easy for others, by dint of running 10 or 12 times a season, can get a rating above 130 or even 140 without ever winning a race. I appreciate the idea.
I'm going to start a full game tonight, and I will fill all the trainer slots. Will the patch you speak of affect the Combined schedule?
Once again, many thanks.

Fri May 15, 2020 2:19 pm
Selling plater

If I try to play the UK the game crashes at the screen before the legendary horses. The USA works fine and I have not tried the others. I'm using 5.0.2.

Sat May 16, 2020 2:15 am
Handicapper

4 seasons into US schedule on 5.0.1 and it's running quicker, but I'm loading the save without selecting the mod. First year was slow, second was better, and the third and fourth are near default game speeds.

Updated to 5.0.2 and just starting second season, will update if it does keep processing quicker after more years in game. Still no Saudi Arabia money or flag either.

Sat May 16, 2020 3:18 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

UK and AUS versions crash before the game loading screen on 5.0.2.. Aus version worked prior to installing 5.0.2 because i had the DB and Start it selection in the Mod drop down box. once i moved the DB folder to start it, the only Version i can load up is the US game.

Sat May 16, 2020 10:43 am
Selling plater

So I went ahead and started a save with the mod. Looking forward to it. I did notice that there is no Kentucky Derby.

Is this just a "first year" of the start thing or has the crown jewel of the Triple Crown been omitted?

(edit) I did reach the 2nd year and missed the Derby again...but did see for the Preakness there was a horse that ran in the Derby. The second year for the Preakness, it was run on a Monday, not a weekend as it should be. Seems they are hard coded to a date maybe instead of a day? Just an FYI.

Sat May 16, 2020 12:14 pm
Selling plater

I just picked up a glitch and I've not seen it happen before so assuming it's a mod issue...

I had a horse racing in her second maiden race. She finished 2nd. Then after running a couple of other horses I went back to check stats on each horse. This horse with the 2nd place finish, showed on their card that they had WON their race...

I then went to the replay and it was a completely different race; she ran on the post instead of mid-track and sure enough did win. I was recording this for my YT channel so I went back and reviewed the video and definitely two separate outcomes on the same day; one in the original race and one in the replay. Very odd.

Sat May 16, 2020 2:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Working on Patch 5.0.3 and figured out the annoying void/walkover race issue --- the HOME tag. This was preventing horses from entering lower level races and effecting any country but the one you are located in. By replacing all the home tags for lower level races with small fields, this seems to solve the issue.

Ragin Cajun wrote:
So I went ahead and started a save with the mod. Looking forward to it. I did notice that there is no Kentucky Derby.

Is this just a "first year" of the start thing or has the crown jewel of the Triple Crown been omitted?

(edit) I did reach the 2nd year and missed the Derby again...but did see for the Preakness there was a horse that ran in the Derby. The second year for the Preakness, it was run on a Monday, not a weekend as it should be. Seems they are hard coded to a date maybe instead of a day? Just an FYI.

The Kentucky Derby is on May 2nd. Not sure why it isn't appearing in your game, but please check the Diary to ensure that it is in the game for you.

As for what day it is, there isn't a way to change what weekday aligns with what date. For ease of modding, I use the actual date rather than the day of the week. It usually should align with the same calendar, but for some reason doesn't. Would be nice if Mark could change that.

Ragin Cajun wrote:
I just picked up a glitch and I've not seen it happen before so assuming it's a mod issue...

I had a horse racing in her second maiden race. She finished 2nd. Then after running a couple of other horses I went back to check stats on each horse. This horse with the 2nd place finish, showed on their card that they had WON their race...

I then went to the replay and it was a completely different race; she ran on the post instead of mid-track and sure enough did win. I was recording this for my YT channel so I went back and reviewed the video and definitely two separate outcomes on the same day; one in the original race and one in the replay. Very odd.

Please post this up in the Bugs section. This seems to be a game bug rather than a mod bug. I don't edit the way races are run or stored, so as far as I know, I wouldn't have effected that.

MaLuckyDay wrote:
UK and AUS versions crash before the game loading screen on 5.0.2.. Aus version worked prior to installing 5.0.2 because i had the DB and Start it selection in the Mod drop down box. once i moved the DB folder to start it, the only Version i can load up is the US game.

Found the error here - had too many horses in the game (capped at 25,000). This is fixed in 5.0.3 coming out later today.

ChrisOrmie wrote:
4 seasons into US schedule on 5.0.1 and it's running quicker, but I'm loading the save without selecting the mod. First year was slow, second was better, and the third and fourth are near default game speeds.

Updated to 5.0.2 and just starting second season, will update if it does keep processing quicker after more years in game. Still no Saudi Arabia money or flag either.

I'm wondering if the gfx folder doesn't work in the mod folder... could you see if the Swiss or Spanish flags appear too? You can see them in either a UK game or if you view the UK Schedule in the schedule editor.

Greymantle wrote:
If I try to play the UK the game crashes at the screen before the legendary horses. The USA works fine and I have not tried the others. I'm using 5.0.2.

This was an error with the amount of horses in the UK and Irish Flat games - needed to be capped at 25,000 but I put 35,000. This is fixed. Please stand by for an updated patch later today.

Sat May 16, 2020 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 102  Next