View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Handicapper

Post Re: Start It Mod 4.0
I tried this out last night on an Australian schedule. Loved all the variety on races, my possible choice for races went from like 2 to 30, it was great! Unfortunately, it crashed when I went to watch the races at Hobart. Worked on other courses that were just redos of the originals. Didn't crash or have any issues getting into the game, even when I set it to do 5 seasons of autoplay.

ETA: Warrnambool has some graphical issues. Just ran a 5F and the course was in the trees and had no rails. I've just copy and pasted the default back over it.

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:26 am
Handicapper

Hi. When using the mod with the game, it doesn’t happen every time but it does freeze and force close the game / crash. I’ve asked support about installing the mod as I thought it might be were I’ve placed the files as I’ve never installed startit before and they’ve said that it’s ok to install it the way I have using SiriusChill's instructions ( putting the db folder in the mods folder and putting the gfx and 3D files into the base game ). Is this something that needs to be patched?

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:45 pm
Selling plater

Yasmin Stott wrote:
Hi. When using the mod with the game, it doesn’t happen every time but it does freeze and force close the game / crash. I’ve asked support about installing the mod as I thought it might be were I’ve placed the files as I’ve never installed startit before and they’ve said that it’s ok to install it the way I have using SiriusChill's instructions ( putting the db folder in the mods folder and putting the gfx and 3D files into the base game ). Is this something that needs to be patched?

I have the same problem.

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Bob - I did get your files. Just trying to get the solo jump game to work now. Struggling with that right now. Trying tk solve it next week when I have time.

-----
I will look at the Australian courses issues and get those resolved.
The crashes are possible as the game itself is in Beta and the mod is still in the process of being perfected - it's always a work in progress, but if anyone encounters crashes, please try and note what ingame date it occurred on and what course was running that day. That will help solve the issue.

Thanks for your patience.

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:10 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hi mate, great mod from what I've seen so far. Just a few things, UK sched.

1. Field sizes are a bit silly. C4/5 handicaps consistently have over 25 runners? Some top group races struggle to get 5/6 runners often.

2. There seems to be a lack of low grade handicaps, a lot of them are abroad. It's few and far between UK trainers send horses abroad for these races.

3. A lot of these races abroad are just filled with UK horses, this just doesn't happen. Okay some of the group races have a handful of UK runners but a handicap in South Africa or somewhere won't have 20 UK runners in, it's unlikely there'd be any at all.

4. UK trainer/jock lists need some work, I may be able to help with this. Also silks (probably not on your to do list) but I can help with these again, although I can't create them.

Not criticising btw, just trying to help out!

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:31 pm
Handicapper

To BenWortho's 4th question, I have some updated UK jockey/owner/trainer/stables files. But they are tied with some 320 colours for mostly UK jumps and flat owners.

Mjtags11 - are you okay with me adding these in? Will it leave enough room for owners from the other countries?

Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:18 am
Handicapper

Hi guys I’ve played a race at st moritz and the turf is black how do I solve this?

Yasmin

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:37 pm
Handicapper

Just tried a new game of the Australian schedule again to check. I ran 3 seasons through autorun prior to starting and on the 16 August, I tried to watch a race in Hobart and the game crashed to desktop.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:43 am
Group 1 winner

Good feedback - exactly what I'm looking for. I will check over the schedule files and tweak them for all to be better.

As for silks, the trainer files contained in Start It are made to specifically fit the amount of silks that we can have. So count wise, that cannot change. If someone wants updated trainers and jockey files, that's fine. I have over 100 UK based silks done already, and plan on making more throughout the summer once I have time to work on them. I prefer all silks to be the same graphically style, which is why I don't usually use others silks in game.

As for St Moritz, make sure you have the "snow" terrain in your Terrain Folder in 3D; available in the courses download.

I'll check over Hobart next week. Might just need to be reexported.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

mjtags11 wrote:
Good feedback - exactly what I'm looking for. I will check over the schedule files and tweak them for all to be better.

As for silks, the trainer files contained in Start It are made to specifically fit the amount of silks that we can have. So count wise, that cannot change. If someone wants updated trainers and jockey files, that's fine. I have over 100 UK based silks done already, and plan on making more throughout the summer once I have time to work on them. I prefer all silks to be the same graphically style, which is why I don't usually use others silks in game.

As for St Moritz, make sure you have the "snow" terrain in your Terrain Folder in 3D; available in the courses download.

I'll check over Hobart next week. Might just need to be reexported.

Where is the snow terrain I can’t find it is it in the patch or the course download can’t get it to work

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:39 pm
Group 1 winner

It's in the courses download.

3D>Entities>Terrain>snow.jpg

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Do I need to start a new game for it to take affect?

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:46 pm
Selling plater

If i want to see races in Santa Anita and Meyden, then the game crash to desktop.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:21 pm
Selling plater

MJ, Have you ever noticed Woodbine track size is not accurate. The main T Bred dirt track is a mile around with a 7 furlong chute. In all versions of Woodbine in SO6 and SO7 the dirt track is 7 furlongs around with a 6 furlong chute. Would love to see an accurate version. It is a great track ...

Thanks

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:40 am
Group 3 winner

Juve wrote:
If i want to see races in Santa Anita and Meyden, then the game crash to desktop.

Been holding off adding any mods but installed 'Start It' today, looks very good. But as soon as I went to view a race at Meydan the game brought up an error message saying it couldn't load racecourse and crashed. Would it be better to replace the course files in the main game folders for now?

Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 102  Next