View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It 2.0 - Bigger, Better, Chromier*
Update: IT WORKS!!! Meadowlands (which does a turf only thoroughbred meet) now (well once 2.1 is released) only has a turf track, where the dirt track is now just for show. Yayy realism!

Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
Update: IT WORKS!!! Meadowlands (which does a turf only thoroughbred meet) now (well once 2.1 is released) only has a turf track, where the dirt track is now just for show. Yayy realism!

Was it just a case of removing the dirt track part from the courses data file? I did notice with the default files, Houston only runs turf races, but is linked to the Generic2 track, therefore it has a dirt track that is never used. All because it's only listed under the turf courses in the default data file.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:18 am
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
mjtags11 wrote:

Was it just a case of removing the dirt track part from the courses data file? I did notice with the default files, Houston only runs turf races, but is linked to the Generic2 track, therefore it has a dirt track that is never used. All because it's only listed under the turf courses in the default data file.

Yes. I was scared that the turf track for the US game was linked to having a dirt track but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hi All,

i'm sorry for asking this because it has done before probably!!
Can someone please explain me what i have to do once downloaded this file !
It's the first time i want to use something like this .
Thanks already !!!

Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:50 am
Group 1 winner

Bossiman wrote:
Hi All,

i'm sorry for asking this because it has done before probably!!
Can someone please explain me what i have to do once downloaded this file !
It's the first time i want to use something like this .
Thanks already !!!

First, back up all of your files.
Then, download, unzip, and open folder "Start It 2.03" and select all of the folders in it and copy them. Then go into your "Starters Order 6 BETA" folder (which should be in your OS drive under the Program Files (x86) folder) and paste them in there. Make sure you select to writeover all of the files you have in there.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Update: Almost done with 2.1. Just need to finish portraits for US trainers and jockeys (still have over 300 to go). Will withhold on owner portraits for those without custom silks (so then release won't be delayed... these portraits take forever...). So there is a possibility that it will be released today, but definitely tomorrow at the latest.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
Update: Almost done with 2.1. Just need to finish portraits for US trainers and jockeys (still have over 300 to go). Will withhold on owner portraits for those without custom silks (so then release won't be delayed... these portraits take forever...). So there is a possibility that it will be released today, but definitely tomorrow at the latest.

Take your time, no point in rushing it, even if it means pushing your release date back alittle.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:04 pm
Selling plater

Thanks for the answer mjtags !!

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:04 pm
Selling plater

Will the new update work with the latest version of the SO6 beta?
Or should it just be used with the original beta version?

And will updating the game/mod have any impact on saved games already in progress?

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:53 pm
Group 1 winner

tonicfan wrote:
Will the new update work with the latest version of the SO6 beta?
Or should it just be used with the original beta version?

And will updating the game/mod have any impact on saved games already in progress?

Will work with latest SO6 Beta Version.

And in order to get named trainers, jockeys, and owners, as well as silks to work, new game will need to be started. However, all saved games will still be playable (and thanks to Mark, all saved games retain original data files so you will always be able to play them even after changing data files)

Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It 2.1 - Bigger, Better, Chromier*
2.1 is released! There are still some portraits that need to be done and those will be released at a later date but since I won't be able to work on it for the rest of the week (something came up) I am releasing what I have now so that then it doesn't get pushed back too much. Enjoy!

Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
2.1 is released! There are still some portraits that need to be done and those will be released at a later date but since I won't be able to work on it for the rest of the week (something came up) I am releasing what I have now so that then it doesn't get pushed back too much. Enjoy!

I won't get a chance to have a look tonight, but great work getting a mod of this size out so quickly! I'll download it tomorrow and will definitely use the updated US courses and showcases when I'm adding US races to my UK schedule.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:55 pm
Selling plater

Start It 2.0 was great, but I tried to download 2.1 and it errors for me. Looks there might be no data to download. Thank you for all the hard work.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:16 am
Group 1 winner

atlegacy wrote:
Start It 2.0 was great, but I tried to download 2.1 and it errors for me. Looks there might be no data to download. Thank you for all the hard work.

Reuploaded. Try it now.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:57 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
How did you decide what races would be run when? The schedule seems completely different than the one I made for 2013 in SO5, using the exact dates I found for every single race. I know races move a bit to be on weekends, but do so many races normally move to entirely different months from one year to another? Great download though, I am "fixing" the schedule to my preferences (2013 schedule). Not trying to knock your work because again completely amazing, I am very picky though :p. Oh, and just for future reference if you decide to make another US schedule, double check the handicaps, most of them are only named handicaps but actually are stakes races.

Remember, since Hollywood Park closed the whole California circuit got moved around. So a lot of races are moved. Other than that most races are the way they were last year with a few exceptions (Belmont Stakes day for example). I used the dates given by the Daily Racing Form. Most dates are exactly when they are unless more than 3 meets, then they are moved either a day back or a day forward.
As for handicaps, it's more for consistency. There are too many races to check whether a handicap is a handicap or just in name only. However handicaps in stakes races don't really seem to change a lot in game so I wouldn't worry. More important at lower levels.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 102  Next