View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Selling plater

Post Re: Start It 2.0 - Bigger, Better, Chromier*
oz1235 wrote:
becks1973 wrote:
Right after some testing this is what Ive found out:

I am using the latest patch 0.903 and I am using only 2 mods ( Start It 2.0 by yourself and Correct Names and Portraits by Ubar02 )

With this set up I can only run a US Flat schedule only. It does not like any other schedule at all and crashes to desktop upon starting game. I can even auto run for 6 seasons so long as its the US flat only.

This is a pity really because I was very much looking forward to what you have planned for version 2.01 what with all the course portraits, graphical changes etc.

I myself am looking to run a UK combined flat/jumps schedule.

Darn it, typical, seems I cannot run this now unless you can tweak your mod to allow different schedules to be run. Unless ofc I remove your mod and go back to the basic SO6 default and wait until such time as some mods come out that run fine with all schedules. Anyways this is by no means a pop at your mod as it is good and from looking at your previous S05 version looks wonderful too. Shame I cant use yet. Oh well many thanks anyways ;)

Edit** not tried it since updating to 0.904 I am getting tired of constantly backing up and reinstalling files for now.

0.904 is having the same issue where the it crashes when I press the start generating the game

I have now tried it since updating to 0.904 and Ive already let the author know that I can only run a US/AUS schedule or a UK jumps schedule. For some reason it crashes when I attempt to start a UK flats or UK combined schedule. He has already stated that when he has time he will attempt to address the issues. For now I am going to revert back to the default as I really want to run a UK combined schedule.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:25 pm
Group 1 winner

I believe I have fixed it. For some reason, in the courses file, Kempton was listed as a turf only track, even though it has dirt. I changed the course file and now everything should work fine. Download link is below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qi3hd65gmbjabb0/Start%20It%202.03.zip

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
I believe I have fixed it. For some reason, in the courses file, Kempton was listed as a turf only track, even though it has dirt. I changed the course file and now everything should work fine. Download link is below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qi3hd65gmbjabb0/Start%20It%202.03.zip

Ill give it a go again, although Mark has said that they are working on another patch to hopefully address the crashs and UK combined schedule CTD bug when autorunning.

Also I will add that I am using ubar02's Correct Names and Portraits mod too. Now I dont know if certain files such as the jockey.dat files or course.dat files would conflict with your own.

Maybe worth checking out I dont know.

Edit ** Success at last. Yes after your alteration to the Kempton course I can now start a new UK combined schedule albeit ofc for now without autorunning a season to build form. That I can do in an upcoming patch which support are working on to rectify the CTD bug when autorunning a new UK combined schedule.

Many thanks for taking the time to look into this. I now await with bated breath for your all important 2.1 update with all the graphic changes etc..

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:20 pm
Group 1 winner

New Screenshot of TVG Graphics on first post. This is not final. Not 100% sure how much I like them. Please comment with your thoughts so I can make them better.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Have you ever watched the Sky Sports tv coverage called 'At the Races'. They do a decent coverage called 'Stateside' which begins at 9pm GMT here. They ofc do the Aus racing from 3am GMT aswell as our own daily coverage from the various courses through the day be it NH or Flat. I was wondering, depending upon which schedule we were to play, whether or not you will be doing graphics for each country or whether the graphics will be universal across the schedules.

I know this would mean alot more work for you, but it would be nice and authentic to have the Sky Sports tv or indeed 'Racing UK' if folk prefer for when we run a UK schedule.

The graphics I cannot comment on as I dont know the tv coverage company you are using.

They do however look good and add alittle more than the default one currently.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:44 pm
Group 1 winner

becks1973 wrote:
Have you ever watched the Sky Sports tv coverage called 'At the Races'. They do a decent coverage called 'Stateside' which begins at 9pm GMT here. They ofc do the Aus racing from 3am GMT aswell as our own daily coverage from the various courses through the day be it NH or Flat. I was wondering, depending upon which schedule we were to play, whether or not you will be doing graphics for each country or whether the graphics will be universal across the schedules.

I know this would mean alot more work for you, but it would be nice and authentic to have the Sky Sports tv or indeed 'Racing UK' if folk prefer for when we run a UK schedule.

The graphics I cannot comment on as I dont know the tv coverage company you are using.

I was planning on doing an At the Races (or Racing UK, seeing as that now has Ascot) graphics pack too in a later update. I used At the Races for my race sequence graphics for Start It in SO5. Will work on those after I finish all the US stuff (so soonish).

Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
becks1973 wrote:

I was planning on doing an At the Races (or Racing UK, seeing as that now has Ascot) graphics pack too in a later update. I used At the Races for my race sequence graphics for Start It in SO5. Will work on those after I finish all the US stuff (so soonish).

Good to know, like I say the graphics so far look good. Look forward to 2.1 now that 2.03 finally works after the Kempton Course correction.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:10 pm
Selling plater

Could someone be kind enough to explain what this mod does? The opening post has a good description of what's coming in 2.10 but what does 2.03 do?

FWIW I only play flat UK game.

Thanks in advance.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Charles wrote:
Could someone be kind enough to explain what this mod does? The opening post has a good description of what's coming in 2.10 but what does 2.03 do?

FWIW I only play flat UK game.

Thanks in advance.

Just a US schedule. And named US courses.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Cheers squire.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:53 pm
Selling plater

Just a quick question mj? You say the release date for 2.1 is 6/10/14. Im just asking because here in England 6/10/14 mean 6th October 2014. I wondered whether you meant 10th June as in the US and other countries it is typed there as 6/10/14 yes.

Just want to eliminate confusion thats all.

Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:23 pm
Group 1 winner

I've been doing a bit of research into US racing today, as I'm working on adding a US season to my UK flat schedule.

MJ - out of curiosity, when you edited the US course files, I noticed that in the actual courses data file for the US you changed all of the numbers in the last row of data for each course... for example, not only did you change "New York" to Aqueduct, but you also changed the numbers for the turf course in the data file from 804,390 to 808,398. You also changed Chicago (Arlington Park) from 461,554 to 623,373 for its turf course. It looks like you changed the numbers for every course in the file. Is there a reason for this? I must admit, I'm more of an expert on the showcases and schedule files, but I don't really know a lot about changing the data files for courses.

Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:54 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
I've been doing a bit of research into US racing today, as I'm working on adding a US season to my UK flat schedule.

MJ - out of curiosity, when you edited the US course files, I noticed that in the actual courses data file for the US you changed all of the numbers in the last row of data for each course... for example, not only did you change "New York" to Aqueduct, but you also changed the numbers for the turf course in the data file from 804,390 to 808,398. You also changed Chicago (Arlington Park) from 461,554 to 623,373 for its turf course. It looks like you changed the numbers for every course in the file. Is there a reason for this? I must admit, I'm more of an expert on the showcases and schedule files, but I don't really know a lot about changing the data files for courses.

This is the location on the world map of the course, in co-ordinates. If you open up the world map picture in paint you can see where the co-ordinates are.

Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
panther wrote:

This is the location on the world map of the course, in co-ordinates. If you open up the world map picture in paint you can see where the co-ordinates are.

Ah, perfect, so mjtags just updated the map locations of each track? Good to know! Thanks, Ubar.

Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:05 pm
Group 1 winner

becks1973 wrote:
Just a quick question mj? You say the release date for 2.1 is 6/10/14. Im just asking because here in England 6/10/14 mean 6th October 2014. I wondered whether you meant 10th June as in the US and other countries it is typed there as 6/10/14 yes.

Just want to eliminate confusion thats all.

Yes. October.

Jk. June 10th is the date. Should have written it out. Sorry for the confusion.

Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 102  Next