View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Selling plater

Post Re: Start It Mod 4.0
bobsworth13 wrote:
I was having trouble getting any kind of jumps-only schedule to work: Irish as well as UK. I had stripped both the schedule files and featureRace files and then feed them back into the game month by month. But they would still crash right at the beginning. Tested the racecourses file... nothing wrong there. Is there some kind of coding in StartIt that had assumed the presence of flat racing?

Pipo25... is that to say the jumps-only schedules on your StartIt game is now working fine after the reinstall?

Yeah it works fine after the reinstall but only using the default English courses, if i use the British Start it courses i cant view the jumps showcase files and the game crashes if i try to start a jumps game. I now play the game with all start it courses except the British ones

Sat May 02, 2020 7:47 pm
Group 1 winner

That's really interesting. The only British course I've ever touched was Ascot. Otherwise all the courses are the same as has been. Very interesting.

Sat May 02, 2020 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Hmmm... Does the jumps schedule work if you use only the non-British courses in the 'courses' folder i.e. the Australian, French, German, Irish and Japanese?
I suppose you can only see this in the mixed schedule but, with the British courses, have you got Cheltenham_new and Cheltenham_old in the 'courses' folder? 'racecourses.db' lists those two Cheltenhams only... that could be the reason why you can't see Cheltenham in the schedule. But Sandown and Warwick should be okay?

Sat May 02, 2020 8:57 pm
Group 1 winner

On my end I merged everything into one Cheltenham, since I don't like having multiple copies of the same course in game, but I'll double check all the British jumps courses show up on the combined schedule. I had no issues loading a combined game, but I'll check again that everything is there. It might be that an old version of a course is still in my files and bugged up the jumps game, but I have no idea why a combined game would work if the jumps couldn't.

In addition, does anyone have a set of British courses that I could download to replace mine? I'd like to be able to play the jumps game eventually lol.

Sun May 03, 2020 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hi, I've downloaded the courses, data and patch from the first page. I've set the files up so that it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starters Orders 7 Horse Racing\mods\Startit\db and C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starters Orders 7 Horse Racing\mods\Startit\gfx and C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starters Orders 7 Horse Racing\mods\Startit\3D but when I open the game, it shows no mods.

How do I get the mods to appear in the game? I've had other mods work but not this one.

Thanks

Sun May 03, 2020 10:48 am
Handicapper

In my experience, I have found that the 3D information doesn't work from the 'mods' folder. I have not tested that for a while but has that been other people's experience?
tomrogers20 - if you remove the 3D info from the mods folder, keep the db and gfx folders and then run the game, does the schedule information appear?
mjtags11 - would you be happy to take my jumps courses? Mine are all scaled to the correct size. Have you ran someone else's jumps-only mod (not the generic jumps-only game) to see if that works?

Sun May 03, 2020 1:34 pm
Group 1 winner

bobsworth13 wrote:
mjtags11 - would you be happy to take my jumps courses? Mine are all scaled to the correct size. Have you ran someone else's jumps-only mod (not the generic jumps-only game) to see if that works?

That should be fine. I've never really tried any jumps schedules prior - even in SO6 I never played the jumps game nor modded it at all, so using your schedule and showcase is the first time I've touched the jumps games since SO5.

Sun May 03, 2020 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Here is the link to my UK courses. This is all of them and some have more than one track: Ascot, Bath, Catterick, Chester, Doncaster, Epsom, Ffos Las, Haydock, Kempton, Lingfield, Newmarket, Newbury, Newcastle, Sandown, Windsor, York. http://www.mediafire.com/file/etyuh53bl ... s.zip/file

With the Cheltenham racecourse, I had split the two courses because they are different from eachother: the old course is sharper than the new course. So I altered the UK racecourses.db file to reflect that difference and it is in this link. If you still prefer to keep just the one version of Cheltenham, I have listed the metadata for the merged Cheltenham in this file. I have still found that racecourse files with details about courses unused by the schedule still load up fine. http://www.mediafire.com/file/08rivhh1f ... es.db/file

I really am not sure why the jumps only schedules do not load.

Let me know how things go.

Sun May 03, 2020 4:22 pm
Group 1 winner

No luck. Still crashes. Really not sure what to think.

Sun May 03, 2020 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Is it just the jumps only schedules that are crashing? Are the mixed ones still loading up?
In the db folder, have you got the flat.id marker still in the UK, France, Germany, Japan and Ireland folders? They need to be removed.
Might the course files need to be re-exported? I had done this at my end but perhaps it might be necessary to do it once more. I hope they do not have to be re-exported.

Sun May 03, 2020 8:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Mixed works perfectly fine. And I can watch races at jumps track in the custom race editor no problem, so I don't think its that the courses need to be reexported.

All flatonly have been removed from jumps countries too.

Sun May 03, 2020 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.0.1 (Beta Testing)
Start It SO7 Mod is now available for Version 5.0.1 Beta Testing. Downloads are available on the first post.

Currently, this is in the Beta Test phase to make sure that all possible bugs are ironed out and that everything is well balanced/working correctly. This phase will hopefully last no longer than 1 week, but will depend on the extent of issues that could arise. Once these are ironed out, a 5.0.2 Update will come out which will take this out of Beta Testing.

If you download the mod during this time, please post any bugs that you encounter in this thread - I will correct them as they come in and once a week passes will send out the next update.

Thank you everyone for all of your support. This could not have been done without all of your help.

In addition, many thanks to Bobsworth, Tomas, and Simple Minds for various courses they've made for the game. And a huge thank you to Bobsworth for providing the jumps side of the game.

Enjoy!

Fri May 08, 2020 12:10 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Crazy I just downloaded version 4 an hour ago and can't get it to work. I come back here and find 5 beta and I'm going to give that a try. Thanks for all you do.

Fri May 08, 2020 1:24 am
Selling plater

"NOTE: To use courses correctly, delete original track folder (i.e. 2_Belmont Park) and replace with the one in the download."

For beta 5 do you need to do this? If yes, not sure what your asking here. Maybe this is why I couldn't get 4 to work.

Update: I'm having the same issue when I click start a new game after the legendary screen the game crashes. Game works fine without the mod. Does it matter I don't install in the default directory?

Fri May 08, 2020 1:41 am
Group 1 winner

Greymantle wrote:
"NOTE: To use courses correctly, delete original track folder (i.e. 2_Belmont Park) and replace with the one in the download."

For beta 5 do you need to do this? If yes, not sure what your asking here. Maybe this is why I couldn't get 4 to work.

Update: I'm having the same issue when I click start a new game after the legendary screen the game crashes. Game works fine without the mod. Does it matter I don't install in the default directory?

You won't need to delete any courses. If you rename the course folder you had originally to something different, you can plop my course folder in no issue.

What country are you trying to start with? And what do you mean by default directory? This goes right into your Starters Orders 7 folder.

Fri May 08, 2020 2:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 102  Next