View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Handicapper

Post Re: Start It Mod
I've been able to play at Santa Anita without issue, even sent my files to a viewer to see if that helped them but they still had crashes where I did not.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Do want to let everyone know that I am alive! I've been gone from the forums as of late due to a lot of stuff going on with work and school, so my time for SO6 has dwindled greatly. I will be fixing any problems people are having in the coming weeks, so please bare with me.

Thank you for understanding.

Tue May 02, 2017 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hey Mj just wanted to let you know using the 2017 us schedule the Oaklawn features do not show up in game other than that the schedule is great thanks

Tue May 09, 2017 9:27 pm
Group 1 winner

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9cx3dl0c96m2krm/Start_It_2.51_Data_Update.zip

If you are having problems, this should be the fix:
- Fixed Oaklawn problems
- Included a new Santa Anita
- Updated 2017 Schedule

Fri May 12, 2017 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

savio1978 wrote:
I was wondering the same, Luke when I downloaded and it seems you only need those 4 files. Put them directly into your SO6 folder. I put them into the Data, 3D, GFX folders first and this didn't work for me.

I don't have all the jockeys silks though? Anyone know what I need to download to get these in the game?

All of the silks are available if you download the 2.51 Graphics download (main graphics download in the first post).

Fri May 12, 2017 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I just got all of this uploaded. Absolutely fantastic work, way beyond any expectation i could have possibly had. The schedule is so loaded. One issue i have, which may have been due to a mistake made during installation of the mods, or perhaps its just the way it is. Some of the added tracks, if i go to view the race the game will freeze. Santa Anita is one of the, Newcastles all weather track is another, im not sure how many more there are. Could you possibly guess where i may have gone wrong. I can skip these races and get a result for them, so its obviously just the graphics for viewing them that have gone wrong somewhere. Thanks in advance, really hoping i can get it fixed, because this is truly amazing work you have done. :D

Mon May 15, 2017 3:46 am
Selling plater

Everything looks great for the latest update, but like others Santa Anita freezes and causes the game to crash every time I try to run a race there.

Mon May 15, 2017 4:30 am
Handicapper

Right. For anyone having problems with Santa Anita, delete everything within the Santa Anita folder in 3D, Courses..... Then head over to Arcadia, copy everything within Arcadia, paste it in to the empty Santa Anita folder, and rename Arcadia.map to Santa Anita.map..... Worked perfectly folks. For Newcastles All Weather i deleted everything in Newcastle and used one of the Generic Dirt tracks. Happy gaming, and thanks MJ. I can now enjoy this brilliant mod without any further frustrations :) :D Of course any other tracks with similar issues will be fixable the same way, so long as you use a track that has the distances and surfaces needed to accommodate racing at the venue you are fixing.

Mon May 15, 2017 11:56 am
Selling plater

Can someone tell me how to install the Startit mod? I know there is a youtube video and there is information in on the board that explains how it is done, but I keep having a problem. I have all the files but when I go copy over the 3D and gfx files and start up the game the new courses and schedules are not there. What am I doing wrong? I would very much appreciate any help that anyone is willing to offer. ... I've watched the youtube video 5 times now and still cannot figure this out.

When I try to go and remove all the _2 files and replace them with the mod, I then go to restart the game and launch a new game, and the game freezes and restarts. I'm guessing it is doing this because it cannot access the base game files.

I was also able to install the Fasig Tipon sales schedule but all the game is selling, allowance and handicap races. Is it designed like this or did I miss a step?

I'm on a windows laptop.
Using a US based schedule.

Thanks to everyone!

Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:00 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm alive! I haven't been putting as much time on the forums as I have like to, but I have been working a bit on SO6.

- I finished a revamped TVG skin that I will be releasing this week.
- The sales schedule does not currently work with the newest update of my mod; I am not planning on making a sales schedule for SO6
- I won't be making any new courses from here on out; will wait for SO7 before working on more.

If you are having problems with the install, I am not sure what they could be. Below is a rezip of the Santa Anita course that seemed to give a lot of people trouble. It works for me; hopefully works for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c6sa8wbv89ga72i/Santa_Anita.zip

I will be putting most of my efforts this summer towards updating the schedule for the remainder of 2017 (once they are released by each track), designing silks for the league, and playing the game (finally).

Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:13 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

mjtags11 wrote:
I'm alive!
and playing the game (finally).

Good to hear all is well and that you'll get to play the game for a while. I really enjoy this mod (~90% of my total saves are StartIt tbh) and I thank you for all your hard work on it once more. I look forward to seeing how SO7 changes things, and how you bring your magic to it!

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:26 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Royal Ascot Course:

There are two courses in the download file, 1_Ascot, and 1_Ascot Jumps. I included the Winning Post backdrop of Royal Ascot in the 1_Ascot file, but it blocks the finish of the jumps course (if I add in a winning post backdrop for the jumps), so I made a second one (Ascot Jumps) that will not have the Royal Ascot backdrop but has the Ascot Chase winning post instead. The Hurdles and Chase course is usable in 1_Ascot, so you don't need both, but I included an alternative that you can add in if the winning posts bother you.

It has the Old Mile course added in, so you can run races on the correct course. The straight mile is flatTurf1 and Old Mile is flatTurf2. I tried to recreate as much of the course as I could, from the winning post backdrops to the famous gates that the Royal Procession come through to start each day of Royal Ascot. I hope you enjoy it!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7n0vhitk3 ... _Ascot.zip

Add to your data>1>courses.dat files:
CATAG:cc_flatTurf2 ***************************
Ascot
RL278
G,14

(Note: You should already have one for flatTurf1, jumps1, and hurdles1, from the default Ascot course)

Change the following races to flatTurf2 in data>1>_showc_f.dat:
St James's Palace Stakes, Coronation Stakes, Summer Mile, Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

And if you are using the 1_Ascot Jumps, just change the hurdles and jumps course in the courses.dat file to say Ascot Jumps as the course (you can leave the flat courses alone). Then in the _showc_j.dat change any occurrence of an Ascot jumps/hurdles feature to say Ascot Jumps:cc_jumps1 or Ascot Jumps:cc_hurdles1 - in _showc_j.dat/_showc_fj.dat, change those corresponding races to be held at Ascot Jumps.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:18 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
Royal Ascot Course:

There are two courses in the download file, 1_Ascot, and 1_Ascot Jumps. I included the Winning Post backdrop of Royal Ascot in the 1_Ascot file, but it blocks the finish of the jumps course (if I add in a winning post backdrop for the jumps), so I made a second one (Ascot Jumps) that will not have the Royal Ascot backdrop but has the Ascot Chase winning post instead. The Hurdles and Chase course is usable in 1_Ascot, so you don't need both, but I included an alternative that you can add in if the winning posts bother you.

It has the Old Mile course added in, so you can run races on the correct course. The straight mile is flatTurf1 and Old Mile is flatTurf2. I tried to recreate as much of the course as I could, from the winning post backdrops to the famous gates that the Royal Procession come through to start each day of Royal Ascot. I hope you enjoy it!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7n0vhitk3 ... _Ascot.zip

Add to your data>1>courses.dat files:
CATAG:cc_flatTurf2 ***************************
Ascot
RL278
G,14

(Note: You should already have one for flatTurf1, jumps1, and hurdles1, from the default Ascot course)

Change the following races to flatTurf2 in data>1>_showc_f.dat:
St James's Palace Stakes, Coronation Stakes, Summer Mile, Queen Elizabeth II Stakes

And if you are using the 1_Ascot Jumps, just change the hurdles and jumps course in the courses.dat file to say Ascot Jumps as the course (you can leave the flat courses alone). Then in the _showc_j.dat change any occurrence of an Ascot jumps/hurdles feature to say Ascot Jumps:cc_jumps1 or Ascot Jumps:cc_hurdles1 - in _showc_j.dat/_showc_fj.dat, change those corresponding races to be held at Ascot Jumps.

Well done Mike. Ascot round course was a big miss. Talking of miss, missed you in the league this last season. Hope you can make it back I can't do those US commentaries the way you do.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:32 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
Well done Mike. Ascot round course was a big miss. Talking of miss, missed you in the league this last season. Hope you can make it back I can't do those US commentaries the way you do.

I missed doing the comms! I was just swamped with work that I knew I wouldn't have the time to put towards the comms these past few months. I hope to be back next season - refreshed and ready! If I can't make it back full time, I'll still always be happy to do the US races.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:42 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

ATigger!! It's has been way too long - glad to have you back! How have you been?

And thanks! I'm going through and slowly updating my courses now that I'm much better than when I started. Hoping to have that done by the time SO7 rolls out. Always wanting to keep this mod in top shape.
Glad to hear that you enjoy it.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 102  Next