View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It 2.0 - Bigger, Better, Chromier*
Do you have the Belmont gold cup (2 miles) in this?

Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:

Yes.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:

I forgot about that race, going to have to add it to my game. A interesting field for this race this weekend. I always add a few group races up to two miles.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:02 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
I've just downloaded this, as I plan to add a trimmed down US season (with correct US courses!) to my own UK schedule. You've done a great job with the US side of things, but anyone who downloads this will obviously have their UK schedule overwritten with the one you've created, and there seems to be a few problems with that. Firstly, the mod has been created with the old SO5 UK schedule that is now a few years out of date, but also, the prep races in the UK schedule are all out of alignment - for example, at first glance, I noticed that you have the 6-furlong Kilvington Fillies' Stakes as a prep race for the 20-furlong Gold Cup at Royal Ascot! That's the first of a large number of inappropriate prep races in the UK schedule.

So I was looking at the schedule again, and it is the default SO6 schedule. So that would mean that the original SO6 schedule had that prepped. The only thing I touched is the Breeders Cup, Kentucky Derby/Oaks, and Meydan. Everything else is left exactly the same. I do apologize for the incorrect prep races in the schedule, did not know that they were wrong. I won't be working on a UK schedule for some time, if I do at all, but from what I can tell this is the default schedule. The best I could do is eliminate all preps (as I have a very limited knowledge of UK racing and wouldn't know which preps are right or not) leave it the same and people could use their own UK schedule instead (just changing the US and Meydan races to match those in my mod). If their is another solution that is escaping my mind, feel free to tell me. And thank you for bringing the incorrect preps to my and everyone else's attention.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
panther wrote:
I've just downloaded this, as I plan to add a trimmed down US season (with correct US courses!) to my own UK schedule. You've done a great job with the US side of things, but anyone who downloads this will obviously have their UK schedule overwritten with the one you've created, and there seems to be a few problems with that. Firstly, the mod has been created with the old SO5 UK schedule that is now a few years out of date, but also, the prep races in the UK schedule are all out of alignment - for example, at first glance, I noticed that you have the 6-furlong Kilvington Fillies' Stakes as a prep race for the 20-furlong Gold Cup at Royal Ascot! That's the first of a large number of inappropriate prep races in the UK schedule.

So I was looking at the schedule again, and it is the default SO6 schedule. So that would mean that the original SO6 schedule had that prepped. The only thing I touched is the Breeders Cup, Kentucky Derby/Oaks, and Meydan. Everything else is left exactly the same. I do apologize for the incorrect prep races in the schedule, did not know that they were wrong. I won't be working on a UK schedule for some time, if I do at all, but from what I can tell this is the default schedule. The best I could do is eliminate all preps (as I have a very limited knowledge of UK racing and wouldn't know which preps are right or not) leave it the same and people could use their own UK schedule instead (just changing the US and Meydan races to match those in my mod). If their is another solution that is escaping my mind, feel free to tell me. And thank you for bringing the incorrect preps to my and everyone else's attention.

It's definitely not the default SO6 UK schedule that comes with your download, as I've just double checked the files with the game and the default UK schedule is up-to-date for 2014 and is correctly prepped. The races that are included in the UK schedule that comes with your download are from SO5 and are a few years out of date. By any chance did you take the file from the test download that was released a few weeks ago? That included the SO5 schedule, as it wasn't updated until just in time for the beta release.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Panther could you give me the address of where to test our own schedules for uk?

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
Panther could you give me the address of where to test our own schedules for uk?

Program Files/Starters Orders 6/data/1/_sched_f

Remember to back up the original file before you start playing around with it though.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:48 pm
Group 1 winner

mjtags - will you release updated files at some point? For anyone that installs all of the files in the current download, it will overwrite their UK flat schedule with the outdated one from SO5, along with mixed up prep races.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:44 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
mjtags - will you release updated files at some point? For anyone that installs all of the files in the current download, it will overwrite their UK flat schedule with the outdated one from SO5, along with mixed up prep races.

A full and updated release will be available sometime in the next week. However the UK schedule will be the default SO6 schedule with changes made to US and Meydan races in order to reflect changes to course names. It will not be a brand new UK schedule like for the US game. But there will be a full UK schedule released by the end of the August at the latest.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
panther wrote:

A full and updated release will be available sometime in the next week. However the UK schedule will be the default SO6 schedule with changes made to US and Meydan races in order to reflect changes to course names. It will not be a brand new UK schedule like for the US game. But there will be a full UK schedule released by the end of the August at the latest.

That's good. I'm creating my own UK schedule, so I don't need a new one for myself (the only thing I was looking for from this download was the updated US courses, so that I could add some US races to my UK schedule), but I was concerned that others might download this and find that their UK schedule has suddenly reverted back to the old one from SO5! Did you find out why that had happened?

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:29 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
mjtags11 wrote:
panther wrote:

That's good. I'm creating my own UK schedule, so I don't need a new one for myself (the only thing I was looking for from this download was the updated US courses, so that I could add some US races to my UK schedule), but I was concerned that others might download this and find that their UK schedule has suddenly reverted back to the old one from SO5! Did you find out why that had happened?

No clue why. I attached the default SO6 Schedule (w/ changes) but must have changed somehow but not sure how the SO5 schedule came in as I don't even have the default one anymore haha!

Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
No clue why. I attached the default SO6 Schedule (w/ changes) but must have changed somehow but not sure how the SO5 schedule came in as I don't even have the default one anymore haha!

The SO5 schedule files were included with the race trial program that Mark made available a few weeks ago. The UK schedule was only updated in time for the beta release last week. Perhaps that's where you got the file from.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:12 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
mjtags11 wrote:

The SO5 schedule files were included with the race trial program that Mark made available a few weeks ago. The UK schedule was only updated in time for the beta release last week. Perhaps that's where you got the file from.

Probably, since I made these with the trial files. Are the SO6 default files in the demo that was released with the beta so then I could get them?

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
panther wrote:
mjtags11 wrote:

Probably, since I made these with the trial files. Are the SO6 default files in the demo that was released with the beta so then I could get them?

To be honest, I didn't get the demo first - I just went straight to the full version. I'm assuming it would be the same files with both versions though. I just know that the trial race build that was released a few weeks ago still had the old files.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:11 pm
Group 1 winner

So has Start it 2.1 been released? I'm hoping this will have all the correct tracks renamed, correct trainers, jockeys owners etc.? And will you be releasing us silks in a few weeks as well? And could you tell me which of the courses in the us folder should be in the Canadian folder?

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 102  Next