View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It 2.0 - Bigger, Better, Chromier*
Ubar02 wrote:
So has Start it 2.1 been released? I'm hoping this will have all the correct tracks renamed, correct trainers, jockeys owners etc.? And will you be releasing us silks in a few weeks as well?

Not yet. Will release within the week. Just putting finishing touches and checking for bugs.
And yes, US silks will be released. The ones I have ready, about 30, will be released, with more getting released in future updates.
But 2.0 does have named tracks.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I'll wait for 2.1. If you want them I've already done I'll have another silks if they'd be of any use.

Last edited by Ubar02 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:37 pm
Group 1 winner

2.02 update here. This fixes the schedule problem so now UK, Irish, and Australian schedules are the default SO6 schedules with the necessary changes to the US courses, Meydan, and Woodbine. If you already have 2.0, download the changes at the link below. If not, the full 2.0 is located on the first post.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gizwg952q7699l/Start%20It%202.02.zip

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hiya, for some reason when I install your mod into my game folder (yes I am placing them correctly) my game crashes. I have tested the game unmodded and it works fine. However, I must say your Start It Mod looks very nice and I would very much like to use it. Any advice would be most appreciated :wink:

Edit ** Currently reinstalling game from scratch (luckily doesnt take long) and then updating straight to patch 0.903.

Edit*** Im thinking perhaps its not your mod after all. Ive been doing some testing and since the latest patch, if I start a new game and auto run it for a season it crashes everytime. If I auto run it for 6months or less it works fine. But then its all early beta so Im expecting a few crashes, uninstalls/reinstalls etc. Oh well Ill give it another try without running it a season and let you know :)

Last edited by becks1973 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:32 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:

It's still 3 tracks per day, but you can have up to 8 feature races at a meeting (you could also have up to 8 feature races per day in SO5).

Thanks Panther. Can't believe after all this time I though it was 6. My schedules would of been more enjoyable to me if I knew it was 8. Oh well.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:43 pm
Group 1 winner

becks1973 wrote:
Hiya, for some reason when I install your mod into my game folder (yes I am placing them correctly) my game crashes. I have tested the game unmodded and it works fine. However, I must say your Start It Mod looks very nice and I would very much like to use it. Any advice would be most appreciated :wink:

Edit ** Currently reinstalling game from scratch (luckily doesnt take long) and then updating straight to patch 0.903.

Edit*** Im thinking perhaps its not your mod after all. Ive been doing some testing and since the latest patch, if I start a new game and auto run it for a season it crashes everytime. If I auto run it for 6months or less it works fine. But then its all early beta so Im expecting a few crashes, uninstalls/reinstalls etc. Oh well Ill give it another try without running it a season and let you know :)

Hmmm... If you could pinpoint around what dates it crashes I could see if it could be something with my mod. I'll be here to help you in any way I possibly can!

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:26 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

As I say I dont think it is your mod. What I am going to do is this, firstly reinstall game and add the latest patch. Then I shall back up my data,gfx, and 3D files. Ill add your mod in and then see what happens. What has been happening for me since the latest patch is when I start a new game and auto run the game for a season it crashes whilst the game is building data. This is happening with an unmodded game. I am not sure if its the new patch. I found I could autorun a season on the previous patch. However, I have not kept my link for it so hopefully I can find the previous patch on here somewhere and try that to see if it works.

What I am going to try first though is to enter a new game without auto running it and see what happens. Ill let you know my findings.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:09 pm
Group 1 winner

becks1973 wrote:
As I say I dont think it is your mod. What I am going to do is this, firstly reinstall game and add the latest patch. Then I shall back up my data,gfx, and 3D files. Ill add your mod in and then see what happens. What has been happening for me since the latest patch is when I start a new game and auto run the game for a season it crashes whilst the game is building data. This is happening with an unmodded game. I am not sure if its the new patch. I found I could autorun a season on the previous patch. However, I have not kept my link for it so hopefully I can find the previous patch on here somewhere and try that to see if it works.

What I am going to try first though is to enter a new game without auto running it and see what happens. Ill let you know my findings.

Alright. Good Luck!! I know a lot of people have been having problems with the new patch at first try. Hopefully you get everything fixed!

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I am planning on releasing a 'realism' mod in around a month's time, tying together a lot of areas of the game, and I just wanted to know whether you would mind me incorporating some of the stuff in this pack such as trainer data and silks etc. to use in my pack? Of course I would give you credit but basically what I am looking to do is create a pack that contains completely correct trainers and jockeys, as currently the one I have released is just a bit of a quick fix, so I wouldn't include any of your courses etc.?

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Ubar02 wrote:
I am planning on releasing a 'realism' mod in around a month's time, tying together a lot of areas of the game, and I just wanted to know whether you would mind me incorporating some of the stuff in this pack such as trainer data and silks etc. to use in my pack? Of course I would give you credit but basically what I am looking to do is create a pack that contains completely correct trainers and jockeys, as currently the one I have released is just a bit of a quick fix, so I wouldn't include any of your courses etc.?

That's fine with me! Can't wait to see it! Sounds awesome!!

Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Right after some testing this is what Ive found out:

I am using the latest patch 0.903 and I am using only 2 mods ( Start It 2.0 by yourself and Correct Names and Portraits by Ubar02 )

With this set up I can only run a US Flat schedule only. It does not like any other schedule at all and crashes to desktop upon starting game. I can even auto run for 6 seasons so long as its the US flat only.

This is a pity really because I was very much looking forward to what you have planned for version 2.01 what with all the course portraits, graphical changes etc.

I myself am looking to run a UK combined flat/jumps schedule.

Darn it, typical, seems I cannot run this now unless you can tweak your mod to allow different schedules to be run. Unless ofc I remove your mod and go back to the basic SO6 default and wait until such time as some mods come out that run fine with all schedules. Anyways this is by no means a pop at your mod as it is good and from looking at your previous S05 version looks wonderful too. Shame I cant use yet. Oh well many thanks anyways ;)

Edit** not tried it since updating to 0.904 I am getting tired of constantly backing up and reinstalling files for now.

Last edited by becks1973 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:20 pm
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
Ubar02 wrote:

That's fine with me! Can't wait to see it! Sounds awesome!!

Ok thanks a lot, will save me some time and will also mean it is more likely to be correct, as you will know a lot more than I do about US racing.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:57 pm
Selling plater

I remember playing with the SO4 schedule and having issues with too many races. In that because there were so many races, there would be alot of walkovers and races with a couple or few horses. Also, G1 races would be easier to win since the talent was spread out more.

So I guess I just wanted to know if this was taken into effect with this schedule. Are there plenty of horses for the schedule?

Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:52 pm
Group 1 winner

jstu9 wrote:
I remember playing with the SO4 schedule and having issues with too many races. In that because there were so many races, there would be alot of walkovers and races with a couple or few horses. Also, G1 races would be easier to win since the talent was spread out more.

So I guess I just wanted to know if this was taken into effect with this schedule. Are there plenty of horses for the schedule?

Yes. I made there be 6000 horses active at a time and every big G1 would have a very good field with the best. The only times I've seen fields of less than 6 are in maidens, allownaces, and handicaps on days when there are a lot of stakes (Belmont Stakes day and Breeders Cup, but stakes races are fine). I have yet to see a walkover either.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

becks1973 wrote:
Right after some testing this is what Ive found out:

I am using the latest patch 0.903 and I am using only 2 mods ( Start It 2.0 by yourself and Correct Names and Portraits by Ubar02 )

With this set up I can only run a US Flat schedule only. It does not like any other schedule at all and crashes to desktop upon starting game. I can even auto run for 6 seasons so long as its the US flat only.

This is a pity really because I was very much looking forward to what you have planned for version 2.01 what with all the course portraits, graphical changes etc.

I myself am looking to run a UK combined flat/jumps schedule.

Darn it, typical, seems I cannot run this now unless you can tweak your mod to allow different schedules to be run. Unless ofc I remove your mod and go back to the basic SO6 default and wait until such time as some mods come out that run fine with all schedules. Anyways this is by no means a pop at your mod as it is good and from looking at your previous S05 version looks wonderful too. Shame I cant use yet. Oh well many thanks anyways ;)

Edit** not tried it since updating to 0.904 I am getting tired of constantly backing up and reinstalling files for now.

0.904 is having the same issue where the it crashes when I press the start generating the game

Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 102  Next