View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Handicapper

Post Re: Start It Mod 4.0
dragontrainer wrote:
Juve wrote:
If i want to see races in Santa Anita and Meyden, then the game crash to desktop.

Been holding off adding any mods but installed 'Start It' today, looks very good. But as soon as I went to view a race at Meydan the game brought up an error message saying it couldn't load racecourse and crashed. Would it be better to replace the course files in the main game folders for now?

Make sure courses and entitles are in the game directory 3D folder not mods . Only db file should be in mods folder the rest should overwrite the main game

Yasmin

Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:11 am
Selling plater

Also having issues with viewing races at Hobart + other Australian racecourses that are not included in default courses (e.g. Ballarat)

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:03 pm
Group 3 winner

Yasmin Stott wrote:
dragontrainer wrote:
Juve wrote:
If i want to see races in Santa Anita and Meyden, then the game crash to desktop.

Been holding off adding any mods but installed 'Start It' today, looks very good. But as soon as I went to view a race at Meydan the game brought up an error message saying it couldn't load racecourse and crashed. Would it be better to replace the course files in the main game folders for now?

Make sure courses and entitles are in the game directory 3D folder not mods . Only db file should be in mods folder the rest should overwrite the main game

Yasmin

Thanks! Now working and also had to move the terrains folder thanks for that too.

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:20 am
Group 1 winner

Got somewhat delayed due to work meetings this week and not having free time. But should be doing final tests tomorrow to release the next patch. Again, apologies for the delay - life has been busy these past few months so my available time to work on the mod has been limited. I have a lengthy list of mod updates I want to d, just no time for them lol.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:58 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I'm new to Starters Orders and this community but even just from reading your posts I can tell that a lot of people owe their enjoyment of the game to your mod, so I'm sure they're happy to wait until you're sure of it :)

I have to remember, I have the courses still installed and one of the Australian ones has horses clipping through the rail. I need to see it again and write it down so I can pass on the feedback properly.

And I know I'm only one person but I'm not as desperate for a modded schedule as I was a week ago; I finally have a successful stable with 6 Group winning stallions and 25 million in the bank and I know I'd have to start again for a new schedule :lol: Trying to focus on breeding sprinters to make up for the lack of long races in the vanilla game!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:11 pm
Handicapper

I’ve noticed when using the start it mod that your yearlings don’t show up on the yearlings page or in the horses that enter the game page before the pre season auction , when you go into a new season they are 2 year olds that show up on owned horses summary screen when really they should be yearlings. I don’t have this problem using the default schedule, is it a bug?

Yasmin

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:34 pm
Selling plater

Hello,

I followed the install instructions and got the mod to work on a new game. It looks great. Is there a way to get it to work with an existing save? I've tried loading my earlier save while selecting the mod from the drop down and the game crashes.

Thanks

Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:59 pm
Handicapper

While. I'm no expert on StartIt, I believe any mod which changes the race schedule requires a new game to work. I would expect it to be disastrous loading an existing save into a modded schedule (data structure pointers going nowhere, wrong places).

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:04 pm
Selling plater

I was thinking it was unlikely too, but wasn't sure. I was hoping maybe on a new season or something.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:31 am
Handicapper

It says in the first post with all the info, in the update log, that a new game has to be started for the mod to work :)

Mjtags, can I ask some questions about race availability in the Australian schedule, since I can't play it through yet? I've got some horses sitting in my stable right now that just don't have races available that would suit them, which is why I want a modded schedule. But as I mentioned, I'm doing really well for the first time in this game I'm playing, other than not having a lot of race options, so I don't want to restart if I'll run into the same problem.

Right now I've got 100+ rated stallions that aren't good enough for Group races but no longer qualify for handicaps. Is there a race type that suits them, like Listed C1s? There's some that need short distances like 5f but also anything above 1m is very thin on the ground for most of the year.
Are there novice races or races that don't need a handicap for three year olds, in case they didn't race twice while they were two year olds? I run into the situation of having to put them in a Group race just to get a handicap :lol:
Is there a more even spread of maidens across 5f, 6f, 7f & 1m for 2yos? I've got a ripper of a stallion who breeds 2yos with enough stamina for a 1m2f race and I'm forced to put them in 6f races they're not ever going to be fast enough for. Which leads to the above problem, in some cases.
The last type of races I know you've already said there's a lot of, which is low rated handicaps for older horses, so that's already very tempting. It feels so bad having to put a horse that shouldn't be in C2's in just so I can try and get a run for them, when I know they'd win in a lower class.

Sorry if this is too many questions :shock:

ETA 27.6.19: So I've decided to make my own first schedule using the default racecourses, mostly because I'm curious and also because if I'm going to be picky about schedules, I should know how hard it is to make them :lol: Since you're doing an Australian component MJ, would you mind sharing what currency conversion you did to make the Australian prizes correct in the code? I've tried doing the math on a few different races and each one is coming up with a different amount, ie, add 25%, add 50% etc.

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:13 am
Selling plater

Every time I try to watch the race from the new courses it always comes up with "Can't load - track" is there a way to fix this??
Sorry if this has already been asked before.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:32 pm
Selling plater

ive out everything exept the gfx and db files in the game folder its crashing on loading a race on some courses

Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:26 pm
Handicapper

Only the db file should be in the mods folder. Gfx and 3D should be in the game directory.

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:04 pm
Selling plater

Yasmin Stott wrote:
Only the db file should be in the mods folder. Gfx and 3D should be in the game directory.

tried it both ways now it only apears to be happening on one course which is deauville france

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:11 pm
Handicapper

Try delete the Deauville course in 3D folder in game directory and copy and paste in the course from the download

Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 102  Next