View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Selling plater

Post Re: Start It Mod 3.0
Hi how is mjtags11 schedule going to be available to download I don't have a clue when it comes to transferring files and everything. ..could you select the schedule at the start of the new game menu screen ???? Many thanks

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It Mod 3.0
Noel197907 wrote:
Hi how is mjtags11 schedule going to be available to download I don't have a clue when it comes to transferring files and everything. ..could you select the schedule at the start of the new game menu screen ???? Many thanks

Working on posting tonight - in a meeting currently but will be starting in about an hour --- had to stay at work late today so got a late start.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:16 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Start It Mod 4.0
Start It 4.0 (beta):
Data is now available and courses are uploading and will be available in about 2 hours from the writing of this post.

Enjoy! If there are any problems or bugs that you find (or fix any problems you may come across) please post them here - I will get to them on Monday when I get back from a trip.
Thanks for supporting this mod.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:34 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

There seems to be a issue with st moritz when starting the race the game closes and issue with starting a jumps schedule other than that the mod is great

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:49 pm
Selling plater

I really appreciate the hard work. I couldn't play Starters Orders 7 without a Start It Mod. The American Classics seem a little off though. Horses will run every week in the Kentucky Derby prep races and then only about ~10 run in the Kentucky Derby. Only 3 Colts and a few Fillies ran in the Preakness. Start It 3.0 dealt with this better I though. Also, Tampa Bay Downs crashes the game. Overall, very good. Thanks again!

Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:33 pm
Selling plater

The new G1 Saratoga Oaks should be 9.5F and not 14F. It should also only be for 3YO and not 3YO+ and should be Fillies only

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:40 am
Group 1 winner

I'll check St. Moritz and Tampa tomorrow - may just need to re-export.

As for the Triple Crown, there is nothing I can do about how often horses run, as that is with the game coding and logic, but seems that the field size marker for the races didn't carry over when SO6 data converted to SO7. I'll add the field sizes tomorrow.

And good catch on the Saratoga Oaks. I'll update that tomorrow as well.

As for jumps - I have not edited the jumps data. I know nothing about jumps so I generally don't touch that (only once previously did I do a jumps schedule and that was not well received). A standard jumps game should start fine but a combined currently wouldn't work (since showcase files for the flat are different from game default). Once Start It in its current form is debugged and someone else creates a jumps schedule, I will be sure to add that into the mod. I want to get rid of the bugs people may encounter first before I start combining other mods into this.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:00 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Hi mjtags11. This is a great mod. Thankyou for building it. I can supply my UK jumps schedule to add to Start It 4.0. I also brought in some German jumps races PLUS Velka Pardubice. I can also expand the fillies' handicap series that culminates at Newmarket in October. And simpleminds has irish, French and Japanese jumps schedules that I'm sure can be added also. This will settle the jumps element in your schedule.

I noticed there are several races in the French schedule and 'featured races' that have Prix expressed as 'Prxi'. A search and replace across the schedules that have French races will correct that.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:13 pm
Handicapper

Hopefully, we'll get to a point where everything is merged and ready to go. I'd say we're probably looking at another 4 or 5 months including fixes. Hats off to y'all for doing it though, I'll never release another mod personally. I hope that Mark appreciates what you've all done for his series of games too because ultimately he is merely releasing an empty shell to the public. Would be nice to see some gratitude from him.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:34 pm
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
I'll check St. Moritz and Tampa tomorrow - may just need to re-export.

As for the Triple Crown, there is nothing I can do about how often horses run, as that is with the game coding and logic, but seems that the field size marker for the races didn't carry over when SO6 data converted to SO7. I'll add the field sizes tomorrow.

And good catch on the Saratoga Oaks. I'll update that tomorrow as well.

As for jumps - I have not edited the jumps data. I know nothing about jumps so I generally don't touch that (only once previously did I do a jumps schedule and that was not well received). A standard jumps game should start fine but a combined currently wouldn't work (since showcase files for the flat are different from game default). Once Start It in its current form is debugged and someone else creates a jumps schedule, I will be sure to add that into the mod. I want to get rid of the bugs people may encounter first before I start combining other mods into this.

Really appreciate the great work. Del Mar also doesn't run. It's data and terrain folder doesn't look like the rest of the tracks.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:10 am
Group 1 winner

nathd88 wrote:
Hopefully, we'll get to a point where everything is merged and ready to go. I'd say we're probably looking at another 4 or 5 months including fixes. Hats off to y'all for doing it though, I'll never release another mod personally. I hope that Mark appreciates what you've all done for his series of games too because ultimately he is merely releasing an empty shell to the public. Would be nice to see some gratitude from him.

I'm sure he will appreciate all the hard work (yours/others too Nath). It improves the game hugely.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:02 am
Handicapper

Not really the vibe I get, but you would hope so. Anyway, good luck to everyone with the mod merging.

Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:47 pm
Group 2 winner

nathd88 wrote:
Not really the vibe I get, but you would hope so. Anyway, good luck to everyone with the mod merging.

Absolutely spot on Nath. Over the years I have created schedules, trainer and jockey files, and like you, over 200 silks. I have helped with the league in various capacities and given glowing reviews of his games to potential customers.

It seems to me that Mark's attitude to his customers has changed. I bought this game in good faith but still (almost six months later) find it unplayable as a vanilla. (My opinion).

I had a thread locked for 'campaigning' - er no I was just asking for an easy change to a broken schedule.

Time to exit what was once a great game. :(

Steve

https://www.sportsleagueladders.com/

Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:07 pm
Group 1 winner

That's a great shame (on both counts), but I have to say that I struggle to disagree with either of you. I also did some (admittedly pretty basic) mods for SO5 and didn't get much thanks. In fact another modder put them in a pack and released them without crediting me whatsoever and weren't pulled up about it either!

I'm sure the mods will make the game a lot better, but some of the coding and realism can't be rectified by anyone else other than Mark himself, and I'm still holding off buying until they are addressed.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:37 pm
Group 2 winner

GS63 wrote:
That's a great shame (on both counts), but I have to say that I struggle to disagree with either of you. I also did some (admittedly pretty basic) mods for SO5 and didn't get much thanks. In fact another modder put them in a pack and released them without crediting me whatsoever and weren't pulled up about it either!

I'm sure the mods will make the game a lot better, but some of the coding and realism can't be rectified by anyone else other than Mark himself, and I'm still holding off buying until they are addressed.

That other moder was me GS63, but your not telling the whole truth now, you made some of them not all of them "SOME", and when you kicked a stink about it at the time I thanked you but no one thanked me for doing the rest champ.
Wow GS63, I didn't think you would go to your grave holding a grudge for that long, over something that you did that was ever so small, :lol: :lol: , so bite me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 102  Next