View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Handicapper

Post Re: Start It Mod 3.0
Custom silks 1-82 (replacements) works fine for me in races. Custom silks 83+ do not. The jockey has a silk, but it is a random one from 1-82 (which may still be a custom if you replaced those).

So it isn't that custom ones don't work. But if the stable was assigned a silk randomly that is not a replacement, it uses a random silk 1-82 in the 3D race part. That silk will match the thumb of the raceday card too. But it won't match the stable screen.

Have not tested: if silks 83+ work raceday if assigned by number in the trainer files.

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Double check that silk 83 has all the appropriate parts - generally if a silk isn't working, it means that it's missing a file.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:21 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Already done. Tested it with an exact copy of one of the game's existing silks.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:33 pm
Group 1 winner

For the time being, I will not be able to post any mods. I was hoping the game would be fixed by the time I get back but regretfully it isn't. Until the SO6 to SO7 converter is fixed, I cannot do much. I have a lot of data mods just sitting (US, Japan, Spain, and many more) that can't be used until I have a converter.
On the other side, this game is riddled with more problems then I ever expected it to have, even more than when SO6 was in beta. It's burnt me out. I hope to return to modding soon, but until this game is fixed, it doesn't look like I'll be able to post things. Between a full time job, two conventions, and much more, I don't have the time to make up a template to work with the new showcase format and all of its weird idiosyncrasies. Maybe one day I will.

I was hoping to return to modding around this time, but looks like I'll still be out of action. I'm hoping that by the time the game is out of beta, I'll be able to be back in the modding mix.
I'll still gladly make courses for people, and new countries, but schedules and showcase files seem to be out of the question for the time being.

NOTE: I will give it another try this week with my newly found free time, but if it doesn't work then idk what to do.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:06 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

It’s understandable that you can’t do much with modding the way the game is at present. Sadly the game doesn’t seem to be in a fit enough state to support modding like SO6 did. Shame :(

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:29 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I was hoping the game would be fixed by the time I get back but regretfully it isn't.

The only report I recall on this was fixed so maybe worth email in again. The process can be a bit finicky. Changes are due shortly which should make the conversion process less confusing. The SO6 files are going to have a seperate folder and also a mods folder is going to be created to seperate as much as possible from the default game data. It may take a while to get this done right.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Glad to hear Mark. I'm excited for that.
I'm still playing the game - don't get me wrong - love the breeding game updates and excited to see what else you have in store for us. It's been a fantastic game and very much enjoy it. My comments are more just on the modding side, as it has gotten much less user friendly than was in SO6 and that ended up just being too draining on me that modding lost the fun to once had. Definitely think that a separate folder and easier conversion process will help with that.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Any update mj I can't get stuck into the game without your mods I played about 3 seasons on the default game so far I can't keep intrest thanks again for all your hard work. And the conversion process Is a pain in the but for a non modder

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:58 pm
Group 1 winner

After a lot of delays, stepping away from the game, fixing broken courses, and troubleshooting, the next version of Start It looks to be ready. Look for a release Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

The new version will have schedules, courses, and named trainers/jockeys/owners for every country. It will have full international schedules tailored to the home country, including full schedules for many international countries. The UK/Ireland schedules have full, day by day, schedules of the main calender year, with full French, German, and Dubai schedules mixed in. It also includes limited racing from Spain, St. Moritz, and South Africa. The Australian schedule has full featured schedules for Australia and New Zealand, complete racing calender (every day, every race) for Japan, Dubai, and Hong Kong, and feature schedules for South Africa and Singapore. And of course, a full US Schedule.

This update will only be for data and courses. Graphics will be available at a later date. I will also be working on new courses for Japan, Korea, Spain, France, Italy, Canada, and South Africa over the next year.

--- Note: this new version of Start It will be a beta, as there is the possibility of bugs that I have not found in my testing. Just like SO7 currently, this does have a chance to crash on occasion, but with your help we can find and fix any bugs that may come up.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I can only imagine the amount of work you've put into this, MJ. But it really does sound superb! 8)

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:10 pm
Handicapper

Excited!

I just bought the new game two days ago and enjoying playing it but I always found the StartIt mod almost essential to play with so will be really happy to see what you can come up with for SO7! :D

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Chris!! Lets be having some more youtube for SO, some of the most relaxing youtube I've ever watched. I miss it man, are you going to do it all again for so7? I really hope so

Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:43 am
Handicapper

Hi mjtags11.

I have made a 2018-19 schedule for the UK (flat and jumps) and an extensive pack of UK silks for flat and jumps trainers. I based my silks on the top 50 flat and jumps owners.

I will be quite happy for you to adopt mine into your pack. It was intended for the general global schedule, along with simpleminds's Irish and European schedule but I wonder if that will ever coordinate.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:50 am
Group 1 winner

Going to be packing all the stuff up and posting tonight after I get done with work.

It is still a beta version and a known bug is with the Australia game - sometimes the game will not get past the simulation screen. It is not a schedule problem but something with the starting of a game. Will on occasion freeze after simulating (doesn't matter if it's 1 year or 5 or more). I'm hoping you all will be able to help me pinpoint the problem cause I've had trouble finding it. The freeze doesn't happen everytime, but does happen on occasion. Other countries work perfectly and you can still race at Australian courses and what not when playing a US, Ireland, UK based game.

Finally, I will note that this schedule isn't for everyone. I like realism and full cards. You will find a lot of low level handicaps and other non stakes races included, especially for UK/Ireland. Racing days reflect all the races run in real life from those days. I've found few problems with this type of schedule. Most top class horses race about once per month (sometimes they do race on short rest or back to back days - that is more of an anomaly than the norm). However, lower handicap horses do tend to run very often - it's not perfect, but it does mean large fields in the handicap races and more exciting racing. I think you'll find much of it to your liking and a very well balanced schedule for any type of horse. You will rarely have a time when you don't have a condition for your horses, whether a top class stakes horse or a low level claimer.

Bob - as for encorporating other people's mods into the game, that will come once I've cleared up any possible problems. I am including the Ireland and Australian courses that people made into this (with credit of course) so that we can have a full game for all the countries.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hi how is mjtags11 schedule going to be available to download I don't have a clue when it comes to transferring files and everything. ..could you select the schedule at the start of the new game menu screen ???? Many thanks

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 102  Next