View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Selling plater

Post Re: Start It 2.1 - Bigger, Better, Chromier*
mjtags11 wrote:
Files are now on Mediafire. Use links on first post.

Downloading now. Ill let you know after Ive reinstalled whether it works or not.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Bill Seiko wrote:
Just downloaded, for a computer dummy where do I put the files please?

Bill

Open the zip and open the Start It 2.1 folder inside. Then select the three folders (3D, Data, and Gfx) and paste them into the Starters Orders 6 RACE TRIAL folder in your OS>Program Files folder. I recommend deleting all of the courses with the 2_ tag along with Meydan (Dubai) and Woodbine (Toronto) so there are no problems. Also, remember to backup all your data files and whatnot first.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:59 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
Bill Seiko wrote:

Open the zip and open the Start It 2.1 folder inside. Then select the three folders (3D, Data, and Gfx) and paste them into the Starters Orders 6 RACE TRIAL folder in your OS>Program Files folder. I recommend deleting all of the courses with the 2_ tag along with Meydan (Dubai) and Woodbine (Toronto) so there are no problems. Also, remember to backup all your data files and whatnot first.

For those that deleted the race trial before installing the beta, the folder will just be called "Starters Orders 6".

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:03 pm
Selling plater

mjtags11 wrote:
Bill Seiko wrote:

Bill

Why delete courses from 2. This is something I didnt do earlier, although to be fair you have only just mentioned this.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:34 pm
Group 1 winner

becks1973 wrote:
mjtags11 wrote:
Bill Seiko wrote:

Bill

Why delete courses from 2. This is something I didnt do earlier, although to be fair you have only just mentioned this.

It probably won't cause any problems if you don't, just a precaution. I have no idea if you have to tho.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Wow, I managed to get it installed and all works ok so far thanks. At least on UK NH game

Bill

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:58 pm
Group 1 winner

I know what you mean it is irritating having to keep re-uploading especially with such a big file but it seems to be downloading a lot quicker at my end with mediafire than dropbox.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:09 am
Selling plater

Not sure if its me but last night after it had downloaded I started to install and it says its going to take 23 hours. Surely thats wrong. Im going to try again now.

Incidently I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall again so I am starting with complete default folders. Do I have to install versions 2.01, 2.02, 2.03 etc before. Or can I just go straight to installing version 2.1?

Edit ** Currently at the 1 hour mark and its only half way installed into the game. Is this right? Should it take this long?

Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:52 pm
Group 1 winner

becks1973 wrote:
Not sure if its me but last night after it had downloaded I started to install and it says its going to take 23 hours. Surely thats wrong. Im going to try again now.

Incidently I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall again so I am starting with complete default folders. Do I have to install versions 2.01, 2.02, 2.03 etc before. Or can I just go straight to installing version 2.1?

Edit ** Currently at the 1 hour mark and its only half way installed into the game. Is this right? Should it take this long?

Straight to 2.1. 2.1 includes the previous files.
And odd that it is taking so long. I know it is large, but it shouldn't take too long. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Just downloaded on a really bad computer with even worse internet and only took about 35 minutes. I will separate the courses folder from the rest of the mod in order to alleviate download speed. However that might not be for a day or two cause I have a nice program to learn (thank you course editor... and yes, that was the reason why I had to release the mod early, besides having a few too many tests for school...). But as soon as I can rearrange the download, I will.

Last edited by mjtags11 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
I think the files are just huge, I'm not sure there is anything that can be done for it. I think he's past the downloading part and into the pasting files from one directory to another step. It takes a while but is well worth it. With the default schedule I had nowhere near enough races. If I tried to run five 3 year old's that season it was impossible to run them all properly, I would end up sacrificing their preferred distance to "maybe he can win over that".

Hahah! I know the feeling. I had 4 older milers and had sooo much trouble finding races for them. Thankfully one of them could win up to 1 1/4 mi (2x Dubai World Cup Winner!) and had some ability to move to other distances. The others were impossible to find separate races for.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Took around 2 hours to copy and paste files in. Then realised I hadn't patched to latest version. School boy error that one. So re copy and pasted in. Again took around 2 hours. Haven't got round to trying new game yet. I'll let you know outcome.

Edit** Right after a complete uninstall and reinstall, patching to verison 0.907 and downloading version 2.1 and copy and pasting the necessary files in. Guess what.......... it crashes as soon as I attempt to start a new combined UK schedule. I have no idea why this is happening other than I am sick and tired of uninstalls and reinstalls Im at the point where Im going to abandon the game I think :(

Edit *** PS it will let me create a US flat schedule only. All other schedules and it instantly CTD's to desktop. I am scratching my head as to why this is happening when other people are saying they can run a UK combined.

Edit **** Right it lets me create a UK Jump schedule aswell. But for some reason I cannot start a combined.

So all in all I can create a US flat and a UK Jump schedule only. All other schedules CTD. There must be something wrong with your courses like in the previous version when you had to change Kempton. Failing this Ill sadly have to give up the idea of using your mod and go back to the default in order to start a combined schedule :(

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:31 pm
Selling plater

when I started a us owner game the ken and Sarah Ramsey silks show up on the screen but in the race they wear the Darley silks

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:24 pm
Group 1 winner

becks1973 wrote:
Took around 2 hours to copy and paste files in. Then realised I hadn't patched to latest version. School boy error that one. So re copy and pasted in. Again took around 2 hours. Haven't got round to trying new game yet. I'll let you know outcome.

Edit** Right after a complete uninstall and reinstall, patching to verison 0.907 and downloading version 2.1 and copy and pasting the necessary files in. Guess what.......... it crashes as soon as I attempt to start a new combined UK schedule. I have no idea why this is happening other than I am sick and tired of uninstalls and reinstalls Im at the point where Im going to abandon the game I think :(

Edit *** PS it will let me create a US flat schedule only. All other schedules and it instantly CTD's to desktop. I am scratching my head as to why this is happening when other people are saying they can run a UK combined.

Edit **** Right it lets me create a UK Jump schedule aswell. But for some reason I cannot start a combined.

So all in all I can create a US flat and a UK Jump schedule only. All other schedules CTD. There must be something wrong with your courses like in the previous version when you had to change Kempton. Failing this Ill sadly have to give up the idea of using your mod and go back to the default in order to start a combined schedule :(

It probably does have to do with the courses. I will take a look at them and see what is causing the error and get back to you.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Is this 2.1 update only related to selecting the US schedule?

I thought it was a schedule that included all the big races in the world? I installed it and can't seem to find all UK and US races combined?

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:28 pm
Group 1 winner

daniel_woolgar wrote:
Is this 2.1 update only related to selecting the US schedule?

I thought it was a schedule that included all the big races in the world? I installed it and can't seem to find all UK and US races combined?

It's a US Schedule with Royal Ascot, Meydan World Cup Night, Hong Kong Night, Japan Cup, and l'Arc day.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 102  Next