View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Schedule Ideas 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Schedule Ideas
atiggerx33 wrote:
Also any complaints as to not enough races of a certain distance? I know with just the U.S. there are only a handful at best of graded races over 1m4f and a lacking in the sprint department as well, but a flourishing of 1m1f. I thought it was funny when people I guess on the UK schedule were complaining about no 1m1f since here those are the most common for 3 yo's next to 1m2f, I'm not very knowledgeable on the overseas racing :oops:.

Maybe since now the record breakers have to be player owned G1 winners for the SO6 record boards you guys make, someone could make new races and name them after our champs (like the Secretariat Stakes, Eight Belles, Man O' War). I thought it would be a nice touch if a lot of people thought it was worth the time :). One of your champions could have a lasting legacy outside of his (or her) progeny in other people's games.

Rules for the stakes names would be be:
  1. It had to be a homebred (so the name is unique)
  2. Must have some reason to have a race named after them (league HotY or some obnoxious time record)
  3. Obviously no foul language names (nobody wants to run their horse in the F**k All Stakes)
  4. You get to pick the distance (preferably a distance your horse had a major G1 win over)
  5. You may suggest a time range, but fitting it into the schedule would be a large factor

Great Idea!!! Wish this was actually in game (one gamebred won Diana stakes 6 yrs in a row - know it wouldn't count but still wow). Would we be able to use some great SO5 runners too just to jumpstart it (cause it might take a while for a good schedule to be made if just with SO6 - And cause the My Immortal Mile and the Cecil Stakes sound awesome ! And yes, I named one of my horses Cecil, second best miler I ever had, behind My Immortal).
But great idea!! Love it!!

Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
I know with just the U.S. there are only a handful at best of graded races over 1m4f and a lacking in the sprint department as well, but a flourishing of 1m1f. I thought it was funny when people I guess on the UK schedule were complaining about no 1m1f since here those are the most common for 3 yo's next to 1m2f, I'm not very knowledgeable on the overseas racing :oops:.

Yeah, there's a definite lack of 1m1f races in the UK! As we have group races over such a wide range of distances (G1s range from 5f to 2m4f on the flat), the 'in-between' distances such as 1m1f and 1m3f (the ones that are outwith the regular championship distances) tend to be neglected. I think we currently only have three G3s at 1m1f (Earl Of Sefton Stakes, Strensall Stakes, Darley Stakes). By far the most important 1m1f race in the UK is the Cambridgeshire Handicap, which always attracts the maximum field of 35 runners.

In fact, I think the Prix d'Ispahan at Longchamp is the only G1 in the whole of Europe that is run at a distance of 1m1f.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:32 am
Selling plater

I had a thought of a semi-fictional schedule back when I was playing SO4. Not sure if its awesome or terrible.

Basically January through December, once per month and every month (with maybe a 3-4 week gap between them) there would be a huge 4-6 day meet at one place. So, it would probably in the US in early November (for Breeders Cup races), Hong Kong in late November-early December, probably Ascot in June, Dubai in late March-early April and so on. Every country in the game would host it once over the course of the season.

And basically ALL of the group races would be in this huge meet each month.

On top of this, you would of course have your US Triple Crown races (basically your dirt classic races), your UK Triple Crown races (basically turf classic races). Then I would have a "Triple Crown" for 3 yo sprinters for both dirt and turf. Then probably a 3yo "Triple Crown" challenge for stayers.

Then I might have a series of races to challenge 4 yo's as well early in the season. And this kind of thing could be expanded to other distances and various other potential challenges.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:33 am
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
Panther, has someone done a full schedule with both US and UK graded races? This would solve the 1m1f problem, although the US doesn't have many 1m3f races either. When racing if they seem to prefer 1m3f I always hope they can handle a furlong above or below. If nobody has done anything by the time I get SO6 I will probably combine them, I've been wanting to do it but I can't find a good list of the UK races. I used bloodhorse.com to get the US (so convenient) but their international schedule has problems if I try to look at anything earlier than May.

I'm working on a full northern hemisphere schedule, which will be based in the UK, but will also include seasons running at the same time in the other big horse racing nations of the northern hemisphere - France, Ireland, Japan and the US - as well as the Dubai Racing Carnival and the big races in Canada, Germany and Hong Kong... and the Melbourne Cup!

It's going to take several weeks to perfect, as it's going to require a huge number of tweaks and no doubt many hours of testing, but I will make it available on the forum once it's done. For me, it's all about the realistic progression of the AI-controlled horses to create a racing world that is as close to reality as possible. Therefore, it's not just about having the right races in the right places in the schedule, it's about making sure those races are attracting the right fields, and making good use of preps to ensure that horses are following the best paths possible. I'm a perfectionist, so I won't be releasing it until I'm 100% happy with it!

Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]