View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Good Idea or No? 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Good Idea or No?
atiggerx33 wrote:
Planning on making a challenge schedule. There will be a big meet every 3 weeks, starting on the 7th of January (so your horse has prime fitness going into it). Each meet will be held at a different track, there will be everything from 5 furlongs to 2 1/2 miles over dirt and turf. There will be female only races, 2 yo only, 3 yo only and 4 yo & up. You don't have to enter fillies only in the filly races. Whenever a horse completes a season without losing a race one of the race names will be named after him or her, with your screen name included in the race title (for example atiggerx33's Hillside Pride Stakes). You are allowed to switch distances and surfaces throughout the season for whatever suits your horse, as long as you stick to the schedule racing every 3 weeks.

My question is, would you guys like to participate in such a trial? All races will be G1s and prepped by the previous 10 races of same distance and surface before them. Each race worth an even million. If you are interested please respond with a message including what tracks you think should be run over and on what surface. I am making this challenge even if nobody is interested because I want to play it, I am going to work out all the dates in excel first to make my life easier. If nobody has responded by then, I'll just pick whatever tracks I think are best. It may be edited after release if there is a strong group opinion that a certain track should be replaced with another.

Great Idea!!! I tried this back in SO5 but had too many walkovers due to small pool. But will probably work now.
My suggestions would be Churchill Downs, Santa Anita, Arlington Park, and Belmont Park. Also, if the course editor is out, Delta Downs as it would be cool to have bullrings. But great idea!!! Can't wait to play!!

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
Glad you like the idea, I was going to use the files for your giant Chromier 2.1 patch and just change the schedule and showcase to make my meet, if that's ok with you. I will of course give credit for the epic amount of work you put in, how did you edit the legendary's btw?

That's okie with me! Anything to help!
And it was just changing the names in game and then just running a few seasons. I also tried copying all of the data and pasting right after it ends and then changing the names in the lx data file but, sadly, didn't work.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
I was hoping I was just not seeing a file, it would be awesome if the horses that people used to win these races could be added as a legendary horse after they'd won it, thus making each subsequent win more difficult, also you can't breed to legendary horses so there would be no worries with that.

There definitely is a way, just a lot of guessing and checking where a legendary horse's data begins and ends... maybe one day someone will figure it out and that would work, cause it would be really cool having other people's legends in game!

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:34 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
For the meets I had to set field size to 10, and have a game pool of 10,000 horses to almost guarantee no walkovers for the first 3 yo meet, the only race that has under the max amount is 2 1/2 mile on turf, it only has 5 entrants, 4UP races are all maxed. Two year old races however are a flop, I am going to have to remove them from the challenge.

My suggestion for the 2YO races is start out with 1000m races, then 1200m races in summer, and them 1600/1700m races in fall.

Also, for names, as a suggestion, do this:
(Track Name) (Age/Gender Restriction...if necessary) (Race Description)
5f: Dirt/Turf Dash
6f: Dirt/Turf Sprint
7f: ?
8f: Dirt/Turf Mile
9f: ?
10f: Dirt/Turf Classic
11f: ?
12f: Dirt/Turf
13f+: Endurance

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
I'm taking a break, I clone the track, it shows up in the game perfectly fine, but when I enter feature races for it, they just don't show up. Belmont it wouldn't let me put turf races on the cloned track, which was fine, I could put turf on the original and dirt on the clone. For Santa Anita, neither works on the cloned track. I just can't seem to figure out what I'm missing. I have the 3D/courses folder edited, 2/courses has been edited gfx/races and gfx/portraits/courses. I didn't change anything about the tracks I just gave them a new name.

Did you make sure you changed the name of the file in the 3d/courses/2_coursename folder? For Santa Anita2, for example, name the Santa Anita file Santa Anita2.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
I have it!

5f = Dash
6f = Sprint
7f = Special
8f = Mile
9f = Derby
10f = Classic
11f = Stakes
12f = Cup
13f = Handicap
14f = St. Leger
15f = Vase
16f = Guineas
17f = Plate
18f = Grand Prix
19f = Million
20f = Marathon

I know you don't have Guineas races in the US, but in every country that has a race with Guineas in the title, it tends to be a mile race. You would never get a 2-mile Guineas. In the UK and Australia (and formerly with the Jockey Club Gold Cup in the US), 16f is the traditional "Cup" distance, although they are occasionally a little longer.

Most countries would also make 12f the traditional "Derby" distance, but I realise that isn't the case in the US. Assuming you're keeping the Derby at 9f, you might be better to put the Vase at 12f (it's the Hong Kong Vase distance), and move the Cup to 16f.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Just a few name suggestions:
11f: Jackpot (less generic than stakes)
And for 10f, do Distaff for fillies and mares.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next