View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Atiggerx33's Global Mod 
Selling plater

Post Re: Need Some Testers
wow looking forward to when this is available. Id test for you but I am from New Zealand and know nothing about real events overseas (or here to be honest) :oops:

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:57 pm
Group 1 winner

All of the UK flat races in the default files have prize money, names and conditions accurate as of 2014, so it probably would have been easier to copy from that, rather than try to find the information elsewhere. However, if you downloaded an early version of the Start It mod, this might not be the case, as early versions of the mod used the old UK showcases file, so they're a few years out of date.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:23 pm
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
I was going to use the 2014 schedule, the problem being, I could not find the full UK 2014 schedule for races that didn't happen yet, I didn't want to have some races based off of a 2014 schedule and some based off of a 2013 schedule. I was much more confident in my abilities to find full 2013 schedules from all the different countries, that I was of finding the 2014's this is why I made the decision I did.

The only 2014 data not available yet is the US fall schedules.

The following link can be used for 2014 races in the UK, Ireland, France and Germany.

http://www.ovrevoll.no/Ovrevoll/Europea ... ok2014.pdf

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:31 pm
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
The only issue I am having is how to create a ranged handicap, for example when I make a 105 handicap it says horses can enter from 0-105, I want it to say 95-105. Any ideas on how to do this?

This can't be done, but you're best just to use 0-105 anyway. If you're using set field sizes for your handicaps, you would always find that the entrants fall within a certain range anyway. Also, all of the notable handicaps tend not to have restricted ranges when it comes to ratings.

The R# function is used to suggest the highest-rated horses that should be entering a race.

atiggerx33 wrote:
So Panther, all of the graded races in Europe are from pages 81-85? And then the listed races have their own section.

The full conditions of each race in chronological order can be found from page 135 onwards.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:32 am
Group 1 winner

Sounds Great!!!
And Wikipedia for horse racing is very accurate. Haven't found many mistakes. Just not good for updating until after the race is run that year (like all the old Hollywood Park races are still considered to be run there.)
Can't wait to see how it comes out!!

Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:36 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Of course you can use it! Happy to help fellow modders (especially those that keep on winning my challenge hahaha!!)
Good Luck with the schedule. The hardest part is gathering the information, typing it out in notepad is a breeze. Literally took me about 2 and a half weeks to get all of the showcase races in an excel document, then only two days to do the showcase and schedule files haha!

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:46 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
I am doing the French schedule currently, I am looking specifically at the Prix De Ris-Orangis. In the link you gave it says it is being run at Deauville, but every other link I look at refrencing it says it is run at Maisons-Laffitte. Is it being moved just for the 2014 season, or is it a mistake in the the link you gave me?.

The link is to the official European Pattern Book for 2014, so it won't have any mistakes, although details of races are always subject to change. I know that a few changes were made to the French pattern this summer, with the Prix Jean Prat moving to Bastille Day being an example. Not sure about the Prix de Ris-Orangis, to be honest.

One thing to note, however, is that Longchamp is closing for work to be done after the Arc meeting, so the races it holds after this meeting have been temporarily moved for 2014, but will return to Longchamp in 2015.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:38 am
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
Just starting the Australia portion, renamed their Ascot to AU Ascot, to ensure the game didn't go bonkers. It probably would have been fine, but I just didn't trust it. Also in cases of race name duplicates, everything but the UK will have titles such as: US Champagne Stakes so that if used as preps the game can figure out which I am referring to.

Also should I start the year off with Australia's fall campaign changing the August races to January? Or should I just leave it as is? Since they age in August instead of January I think I'll make August be January, if I don't the prep schedule will be wacky, it'll also solve Dubai's NH/SH issues through this adjustment.

Edit: Now I am just not sure about doing Australia for now, the data I found didn't seem entirely trustworthy, looking for new data, but will need more opinions on if I should make August be January.

I can assist you here if you provide your email address I can provide a correct and up to date spread sheet of all the stakes races in Australia except the magic millions carnival which is in January.
The way SO6 schedule is designed, it has to start in August and end in July.
Can't avoid this.

Cheers

Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:37 am
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
Also should I start the year off with Australia's fall campaign changing the August races to January? Or should I just leave it as is? Since they age in August instead of January I think I'll make August be January, if I don't the prep schedule will be wacky, it'll also solve Dubai's NH/SH issues through this adjustment.

You really have to put Australia's races on the correct dates, as the Melbourne Cup is a target for some European stayers at the end of the season - races like the Ebor and Irish St Leger could be used as preps. It's really the only Australian race that northern hemisphere horses would regularly target. The main issue with adding an Australian season to a UK-based schedule is the 2yo and 3yo races, as the 2yo and 3yo seasons are six months out of sync. Probably best just to leave those races out, and maybe only put races for older horses in.

There isn't really an issue with the Dubai races. Just put the northern hemisphere age restrictions in. The southern hemisphere age restrictions are irrelevant in the context of the game. All races should be 4yo+ apart from some of the sprints that are 3yo+ and obviously the 3yo-only races.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:35 am
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
Yeah I realized that the dates can't be changed, which is why I delayed it. It just wasn't working out properly in the beginning. I will pm you my email scatters, I am just not feeling the schedule I found, maybe it was correct, but it seemed weird over 1/2 the races were just open as in 2UP races, but when I checked wikipedia it would say that they were 3UP races, with a select few actually being 2UP.

I am testing what I have thus far, making sure it all runs right, seems to be going relatively good, have to edit the US schedule a bit more, I think MJ included some sponsor names and I try not to include those if I can help it. Weird problem though (I think as I have never played a UK game before this) there are no maidens for 2 yo's before the Coventry, so the field is always empty. I am going to try starting the game in the US to see if it is solely a UK thing, but it just doesn't seem right. I don't know how I could have possibly caused maidens to be removed from the schedule up until that point (I wouldn't even know how) all I can think of is that it happened in Mark's patch to correct the lack of stayer handicaps. Either that or somehow I messed up, I'll check in the US to see if it's weird there too as I am not really familiar with the UK, but I can't see having no maidens until after a stakes race being normal. Worst comes to worst I will manually enter in some maidens up until that point.

Edit: Realized I don't know how to pm people, maybe I have to add them as friends first? idk. I trust you guys anyway, alexis_taylor92@aim.com

I'd change the @ to at because the bots can pick things up.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:04 pm
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
I wasn't aware we weren't allowed to share our email addresses. Why is this?

It's so the bots at the bottom don't pick it up and spam u a lot.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:22 pm
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
I wasn't aware we weren't allowed to share our email addresses. Why is this?

Also, I can't even start the game in the US, pretty sure it must have something to do with the nat spread, seeing as how I have no idea how to edit that, when the rest of the mod is finished perhaps someone could edit it for me?

Image There's my nats spread.

1 England
2 US
3 Aussie
4 Ireland
5 France
6 Japan
7 Dubai
8 Germany
9 Canada
10 New Zealand
11 Hong Kong

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:30 pm
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
Why are they all 0s but with Australia a 5, I'll try it, but I'm just trying to figure out the whys of how it works.

O means no horses in that country
1 means a few
2 means more
5 I think is the most a outside country can have.

But I've seen 7 on one of the new schedules so perhaps it's goes up that high in this game, I think 5 was the most in SO 5.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:38 pm
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
I always thought changing nat spreads was a lot more difficult :lol:. Seems rather simple when you figure out exactly what you are doing. Maybe that's with SO6 though and SO5 was more difficult.

Edit: The US has maidens from the first day of the season onward, I guess it's just a UK thing, kinda messes with the Coventry though, so I'll add some maidens into the UK schedule only when the time comes, sick of the first batch of UK stakes for 2 yos being a series of walkovers.

Our maidens kick off in March, the nat spreads are the same as last SO.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:48 pm
Group 1 winner

atiggerx33 wrote:
I'm not getting any maidens until after the Coventry (June). I'll try fiddling with it to see what I did, I can't figure out how I could have changed that though...

I just had a look at the Uk one and found a lot of maidens at the end of march and beginning of April but not that many after up until June.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next