View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Increment Scale for Horse Stats Bar 
Handicapper

Post Re: Increment Scale for Horse Stats Bar
super stuff!!

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:28 am
Selling plater

robbo72 wrote:
skylark2007 wrote:
robbo72 wrote:
hi when I click on link nothing happen on mediafire

The links take you to the Mediafire view screens, where you should see an image of the .PNG file toward the top of the screen.

On the top right of the same screen you should also see some buttons, one of which is labelled 'download'. Click this to start the downloading process.

all I get in top corner is sign up or log in no image do I need to be log in to see it

@ Robbo72

Try these links, they may take you straight to the download page.

Original

http://www.mediafire.com/download/35ptz ... arback.png

5% increments.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dvyga ... arback.png

10% increments.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xbhmz ... arback.png

25% increments.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aplcl ... arback.png

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:48 am
Group 1 winner

craigibhoy wrote:
very nice and easy way to sort out ya 2 year olds which ones to keep and chuck, maybe consider a 5% one too. good work anyway :).

Has anyone actually tested this ??? I know in previous versions stats counted for nothing in the CK/LEAGUE but is this new feature a true idea of how good your horse is?

Mike

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:38 pm
Selling plater

Wonderful visual tool, thanks :)

Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:37 am
Group 1 winner

Finally downloaded this handy tool. I downloaded the 5% version and proceeded to make it more precise.

Being as eyes can start to cross looking at lines and making sure you are reading the right line I decided to add notches to signify 25, 50 and 75 percent or in my case I call it points. I also added marks for all 2.5 and 7.5 locations. A basic 0 to 100 point scale. I changed bar sizes and bar colors too.

The bars in the screenshot belong to a 2yo - Eurostar. First thing I did when I finished this is calculate numbers for my current 2yo's in these 4 categories which are most important to me - Potential, Cruising Burst, Extra Speed Rating and Finish Application. Also for Potential if there is a difference between realized and absolute potenial I calculate the difference and use the middle number. My tabulations. . .

HORSE POT CRUIS EXTRA FIN TOTAL

Queens Rules - 90 / 34 / 83 / 100 / 307
Feelings - 90 / 36 / 85 / 100 / 311
Bridge Builder - 86 / 39 / 86 / 100 / 311
Seven - 87 / 37 / 82 / 100 / 306
Scram - 90 / 35 / 81 / 50 / 256
EuroStar - 90 / 27 / 74 / 100 / 291

Now I can finally come close to giving a numerical value to the stats bars (the inherent overall talent will always be a mystery number as it should be). I'm calculating these 4 categories but one could calculate all the positive categories and then subtract the negative category values of a horse to get an even bigger assessment.

Thanks to skylark for the original download as I probably wouldn't of been able to come up with that myself. If there is a demand for my mod I will put up a download of it.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:56 am
Selling plater

I would love to give it a go SiriusChill !
So waiting on your decision.
dotsy

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:45 am
Group 1 winner

I would like to use it Sirius.

Looks good.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:12 am
Group 1 winner

Here goes. I touched it up and changed the bars slightly to resemble the original game color more and altered their size to fit better.

I have also added in the same treatment done to the Main Parameters Box. If you want to use these it's in a separate folder for your choosing...

Here's is what I am doing with these...

I record the numbers for a horse that I find most important to me in a spreadsheet program (Open Office). Using a simple function in Open Office I easily add the totals for a horse and get a final number. I went through all my transfer pool horses (138 horses) and did their numbers. With the average function I came up with an average number for each of the categories. I color coded green any number that is above the average for a category. In the totals column I color coded purple the horses who are in the very upper percent numbers wise.

The first 4 categories POT,EXTRA,CRUIS and FIN are far and away most important to me. In order of importance to me also.

The next 3 ACCEL,SPEED and START are from the main parameters box. In order of importance to me.

The next 6 BATT,ENTH,CONF,CONSISTENCY,GOINGADAPT and DIS.ADAPT are secondary stats bars that I think are somewhat important. In order of importance

The first 3 totals columns are the totals from the each of the above categories and the last total is these 3 combined.

In the above examples Maddy's total of 963 is easily the best. But it's mostly boosted by her secondary stats total. Her potential is crummy and her parameters total is bad. She wasn't a superstar in game or the CK. But I hope to pass on her secondary stats to others. Space Journey is the last horse to hit the transfer pool. His numbers surprised me. Chac Du Cadran was one of 3 with the highest parameters total. A gamebred.

--------------------------------------------

Download Instructions...

Have a backup copy of the original gfx folder if you don't already.

Download zip file.
Extract contents of zip file to desktop or place of your choosing.
You should see a folder named "Inc. Bar Redesign". Inside this folder are two folders - "Horse Stats Bar" and "Main Parameter Box". Inside both of these is a folder named "misc". You can use one or both of the misc. folders if you want.

Copy and paste the "misc" folder to ~ Program Files > Starters Orders 6 > gfx

Accept all overwrite requests.

https://www.mediafire.com/?qh5mbmrz7f9udwd

Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:52 am
Selling plater

Thank you Sirius, also much impressed with your spread sheet ideas.
Going to give that a go as well. Keep up your posts as your are a great
guide and informer for us dumb bells.
Cheers
ARAPHO

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:34 am
Selling plater

SiriusChill wrote:
Here goes. I touched it up and changed the bars slightly to resemble the original game color more and altered their size to fit better.

I have also added in the same treatment done to the Main Parameters Box. If you want to use these it's in a separate folder for your choosing...

Here's is what I am doing with these...

I record the numbers for a horse that I find most important to me in a spreadsheet program (Open Office). Using a simple function in Open Office I easily add the totals for a horse and get a final number. I went through all my transfer pool horses (138 horses) and did their numbers. With the average function I came up with an average number for each of the categories. I color coded green any number that is above the average for a category. In the totals column I color coded purple the horses who are in the very upper percent numbers wise.

The first 4 categories POT,EXTRA,CRUIS and FIN are far and away most important to me. In order of importance to me also.

The next 3 ACCEL,SPEED and START are from the main parameters box. In order of importance to me.

The next 6 BATT,ENTH,CONF,CONSISTENCY,GOINGADAPT and DIS.ADAPT are secondary stats bars that I think are somewhat important. In order of importance

The first 3 totals columns are the totals from the each of the above categories and the last total is these 3 combined.

In the above examples Maddy's total of 963 is easily the best. But it's mostly boosted by her secondary stats total. Her potential is crummy and her parameters total is bad. She wasn't a superstar in game or the CK. But I hope to pass on her secondary stats to others. Space Journey is the last horse to hit the transfer pool. His numbers surprised me. Chac Du Cadran was one of 3 with the highest parameters total. A gamebred.

--------------------------------------------

Download Instructions...

Have a backup copy of the original gfx folder if you don't already.

Download zip file.
Extract contents of zip file to desktop or place of your choosing.
You should see a folder named "Inc. Bar Redesign". Inside this folder are two folders - "Horse Stats Bar" and "Main Parameter Box". Inside both of these is a folder named "misc". You can use one or both of the misc. folders if you want.

Copy and paste the "misc" folder to ~ Program Files > Starters Orders 6 > gfx

Accept all overwrite requests.

https://www.mediafire.com/?qh5mbmrz7f9udwd

@SiriusChill

Excellent. 8) 8)

Your new redesign looks fantastic.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:33 am
Group 1 winner

skylark2007 wrote:

@SiriusChill

Excellent. 8) 8)

Your new redesign looks fantastic.

Thanks pal. :) And once again thank you for the original mod which made it possible.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:09 am
Group 2 winner

Yes. Thanks. Looks really good.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:15 pm
Selling plater

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party but I absolutely love how helpful this mod is, my only problem is that now on the parameters the 'start' stat is now greyed out as well as the jump?

Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:51 am
Selling plater

In the Main Parameters Box, what is the difference between the red bar and the green bar for 'Condition'?

Thanks

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:48 am
Group 1 winner

pjrydo wrote:
In the Main Parameters Box, what is the difference between the red bar and the green bar for 'Condition'?

Thanks

The green bar is the horses condition for the year. Race your horse in too many races and this will go down. Usually this stays at full with judicious spacing of races. The red is the current condition which is increased with training.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next