View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:17 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Regarding Julia's Previous Posting That Was Deleted 
Selling plater

Post Regarding Julia's Previous Posting That Was Deleted
Being a woman myself I think it's disgusting that Julias previous posting under this Off Topic heading regarding her website was taken off and rubbish like a new league was left on. She wasn't doing any harm, at the end of the day this is an off topic anyway and surely posting other things that may be of interest to others is a good thing. We talk about SO4 on the other headings and this space is for something DIFFERENT, why was this done?
Again, this is my opinion regarding my views and I am now awaiting the guns at dawn to shoot me down. :roll:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:50 pm
Group 1 winner

I can hopefully explain. You obviously didn't see my post before Julia's was deleted.

This site has been continually hit with members who post advertisements, usually 6 or 7 at a time about cheap designer bags, shoes, golfing gear etc. This is nearly always spam and you find that member never posts again or never adds anything to the forum. It is also quite possible that the links contain viruses which I've heard about on other forums. So it is in everyone's best interests to delete them.

That is why all of these messages get deleted. Ok it was off topic but I don't believe them to be a genuine user. If they are then I am sure they will contact Mark or one of us and we can see what we can do to get her back on the site.

The new league is not rubbish and hopefully it will be very successful. I am also a woman but understand that having these users on this site could harm everyone's security. Plus even though this is an off topic section it is still a site about horse racing. If one wants to talk about fashion maybe using a different forum would be more advisable.

Last edited by SuperCat on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Perhaps you would like to explain that comment first!

A lot of work is being put into this rubbish new league.

I doubt whether you will be brave enough to come back on and reply.

This is a starters orders website forum do not forget that.

It is for this very reason that I wanted the heading changed to multiplayer league discussion.

There are hundreds of fashion websites, why don't you log in to one of those to buy your matching accessories and such like if indeed you are a woman.

BTW: Of course you are going to get shot down for criticising other peoples hard work you idiot.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:38 pm
Handicapper

well said both of you supercat and rivers.... i totally agree with that

Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:36 pm
Group 2 winner

Totally agree with super and rivers, it is very important to keep this site clean and hopefully it stays that way totally free of virus's.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:26 am
Selling plater

Rubbish like a new league?

BTW: Of course you are going to get shot down for criticising other peoples hard work you idiot.

What is your problem?? :?:
In my opinion the new league looks RUBBISH we all have opinions in life and I was expressing mine, haven't you heard of freedom of speech?? :?:
Do not call me names when all I have done is speak my mind and express my opinions regarding Julia's previous posting.
You don't have to click on the link that Julia supplied, I did and it was a clean site free from spam.
Supercat I know this is a site for horse racing but if you look at the heading below the Off Topic it clearly states the following:

"Any topics that do not belong in the other forums."

When really is should state:

"Any topics that do not belong in the other forums but still to do with horse racing"

I know it's a horse racing site but surely we can discuss other things as long as we keep them in the Off Topic section.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:43 am
Group 2 winner

Lough Deg calm down there is no need for all this fuss, it is the new leagues forum and you are really out of line to say the least, you just can't go telling people after they have worked hard on something that it's rubbish, it's not right Lough Deg, it is their forum for their new league and if you don't like it don't comment on it, so come on lets keep the peace in here please.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:18 am
I am finished posting on these forums - too much hassle.

Mark you can delete our league threads and leave this off topic area open for other topics.

The league will create its own forum.

Anyone interested in the league contact Steve directly.

All the best for christmas everyone.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:33 am
Group 1 winner

Rivers this is good advertising for the league but if you and Steve want it removed then contact me and I'll see what I can do. Although there is no need for flinging names around so the idiot comment was uncalled for.

Lough Deg of course you can discuss other things but Mark has instructed me to delete any posts that are added purely for the purpose of advertising cheap goods, usually from China, no doubt mixed up in child slavery and things like that. And being a member of another forum which got hit by these and many many people getting viruses on their computers I completely agree with Mark's instructions.

As I said if Julia wants to contact us then I'm sure we can sort something out for her. And if anyone does want to advertise on this site then it is worth contacting Mark before you post. Just so it isn't deleted. It is nothing against women or people posting things other than horse racing, or against people trying to make a bit more money at christmas but what we are against is people advertising cheap 'designer' goods which are most likely, as I said, mixed up in child labour, stolen or fake and totally illegal.

I see that you don't see it the same way and that's your opinion but posts like that will continue to be deleted in the interests of ALL the users rather than ONE new user who feels the need open up a post with no introduction just advertising cheap goods. Adding to that, if anyone does want to advertise then I'm sure Mark would be open to ideas but I was under the impression that usually you have to PAY for advertising space, rather than posting for free on a site that someone else is forking out the rights for...?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 am
Yes delete all record of the new league please we don't want to share a forum with other garbage.

Last edited by Rivers on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:15 am
Handicapper

I am finished posting on these forums - too much hassle.

Mark you can delete our league threads and leave this off topic area open for other topics.

The league will create its own forum.

Anyone interested in the league contact Steve directly.

All the best for christmas everyone.
Rivers dont let 1 persons tainted opinion get to you...the new league is a fantastic innovation and the website looks superb ..lough deg clearly has an axe to grind because that thing was rightly removed ..she obviously hasnt got a clue .

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:16 am
Selling plater

Supercat I know that Mark pays for this site, all, I am trying to say is Julia was advertising a FREE site where kids can play games at xmas or any other time of year, my kids are enjoying it and I wouldn't have found that site if it wasn't for me to read it on here.
hotdogpat you say I haven't got a clue well if expressing my opinion leads to that sort of comment then you certainly haven't got a clue yourself. :wink:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:04 am
Handicapper

Supercat I know that Mark pays for this site, all, I am trying to say is Julia was advertising a FREE site where kids can play games at xmas or any other time of year, my kids are enjoying it and I wouldn't have found that site if it wasn't for me to read it on here.
hotdogpat you say I haven't got a clue well if expressing my opinion leads to that sort of comment then you certainly haven't got a clue yourself. :wink:
id put money on it that your julia and that it was your post...nobody else on here would give a stuff about it only the person who posted it..your in the wrong forum so get over it

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:11 am
Group 1 winner

I'm going to lock this now. It isn't going anywhere. I won't explain again. As I said any advertising unless Mark is made aware is not allowed, we are trying to keep everyone safe. It should be discussed with Mark if anyone wants to advertise on this site. He is very reasonable but not when people hijack his site for their own purposes.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:27 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]