View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 And now for something completely different. 
Site Admin

Post And now for something completely different.
Those of you who follow Strategic Designs Movies on youtube may have noticed an unusual new promo movie for a game named SHEEP COMMAND - DEFENDER OF THE FLOCK. Worry not. This does not mark a change in direction from horse racing management games to simple sheep themed retro shoot em up's!

I gave myself a quick project to learn the ropes of iPhone and iPad development. The idea was it would take a week. In the end I decided to clean it up and release it on the store for both the iPhone and iPad (59p for both versions - the iPad version works better).

The plan is to now return to SO5 dev on the PC but the new pc/iphone/mac rendering engine (that is being used in GM2) will be integrated into Starters Orders 4 or maybe 5. That way very little time/work will be required to build and release an iPad/Mac version and open up a new set of platforms to fund ongoing Starters Orders dev.

So PC development will remain the priority. I like the PC. It has more memory/processor speed than I could ever need and is still a big market and I can still sell to players direct rather than having to go through third party stores.

SHEEP COMMAND - DEFENDER OF THE FLOCK

Basicaly a quick take on missile command but with sheep! It is a very simple game but quickly get's difficult. By level 7 or 8 things get tricky so it's a nice quick high score beating blast option.

Defend your flocks of sheep against showers of deadly meteors in a frantic, firework clad sheep bustin' extravaganza of light and sound!

Split second timing is required to launch your incendiary clad sheep on the correct trajectory to intercept the devastating meteor showers before they decimate the flocks grazing in the fields. If you manage to keep at least one sheep in each of the three flocks alive by the end of the wave your proceed to the next more difficult level. As the game progresses you have to contend with heavier and faster waves of meteors.

Blast the Kebab and beer power up's for extra points. Quick fire gameplay and rapidly increasingly difficulty curve make every high score insanely satisfying!

App Store links:

iPad (59p)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sheep-command-defender-flock/id413633082?mt=8&ls=1

iPhone/iPod (59p):
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sheep-command-defender-flock/id413251856?mt=8&ls=1

If you do download either game please rate as it helps!

Gameplay movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE5ClW0Ut9I

Thanks,

mark.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:06 am
Group 3 winner

Looks like it could be fun Mark, any plans to release on Android market for those of us that don't have iphone?

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:02 pm
Group 3 winner

Have managed to look at the video now, and bearing in mind I have only seen a video of the gameplay and not actually played it, I have to say it looks impressive. Would even consider buying it if it comes out on Android market place.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:38 am
Site Admin

For the short term there will be no Android releases for any of the games. Things can change though so it can't be ruled out for the future.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:20 pm
Group 1 winner

What date do u have in mind for S05 or round about?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Would echo the android request...not sure how much additional effort is required but SO5 on my phone = 0 work getting done ever.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]