View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Man United to win nothing this year 
Group 1 winner

Post Man United to win nothing this year
What odds you think are likely?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Very very low key market on Betfair but PP will give you 13/8 for undoubtedly minimal liability.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Im sure DB wont thank me for this but lm pretty sure Arsenal will win the league, great run in

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:31 am
Group 1 winner

Hey up DB, long time no speak. How are tricks? You still living the dream so to speak.

13/8 is awful so wont be bothering with that.

I hope Arsenal do. They are the only team I really look forward to watching in the Prem - Will Arsenal finally have the bottle?

United surely cannot go all season playing awful and winning??

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:30 am
Group 1 winner

Arsenal finish away to Blackpool, Stoke, Fulham and Bolton? Ignore the home games, they will against anyone outside the top 4.

Different kettle of fish if they are all safe by then but I doubt that and they are all good sides which will push them all the way. I think a slight lack of experience will go against them and then next season they will comfortably win the league.

Now Man City's run in...they will drop points but everyone is only in with a chance if Utd implode...but once the two big games against Utd and Chelsea are over, and if they can snatch a win against either it will be a massive confidence boost.

However, until Man Utd look like losing, and even 2-0 down against Blackpool playing terribly I just didn't think they would lose, or if I'm honest draw, I can't see past them. Without Rooney even lifting a boot for his £10m basic salary and without me enjoying more than 20% of their performances. Sad to see the quality of the Premiership drop so much.

This season is all about laughing at Liverpool though :lol:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:44 am
Group 1 winner

This season has been crazy. Man United have been rubbish but are still comfortable in front. The scary thing is what happens when they start playing well? :shock:

Do you think the quality has dropped or the teams around are stronger? I think its more the latter? Everyone is taking points... Its been a good season in that respect. You haven't a clue who is going to win.

On a red note as much as I am a hater of Man Utd I do like Javier Hernandez. He is quality and has the lot (speed, quick feet, composure, great header of the ball and lots more). He will score bundles in future seasons when Utd have finished nurturing him.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:53 am
Group 1 winner

Remember Rich United have got Chelsea twice and the derby, its hard to think they wont win th league but if Chelsea and man city do turn up and take points the 3/1 on Arsenal l have took will look a lot nicer

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:04 pm
Group 1 winner

The interesting thing about the league it's like Rock Paper Scissors.

Man Utd have the Wigan Chelsea Liverpool triangle away in 8 days. That will stretch the squad hugely. By the time of the Arsenal game it could already be too late and playing for the draw is all they'd need. 3/1 is great value though.

I don't know if Man Utd can play better Jay! Missing the width players like Valencia makes them look very scrappy. Plus Rooney has turned awful :lol: I love Chicharito though, like Rooney without the attitude.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:39 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm fine Jay, just ticking over for now. Start a Journalism Masters tomorrow so busy period lies ahead. Hope your well pal!!
I believe the quality has dropped significantly. The 'big 3' have been far more vulnerable at the back than I have seen in a long time.
Arsenal will NOT win the Premier League. A lot has been made of their strength and depth this year but I don't see it. Denilson is a non entity, Diaby is ridiculously hit and miss, Rosicky's injury problems have made him a shadow of what he was, Bendtner offers very little, Arshavin has always been casual and sloppy but has lost the plot completely this season and Squillaci makes Senderos look like Tony Adams. We are too easy to attack, we are too easy to score against, we aren't clinical and we still have a tendency to implode. If we beat Birmingham and end the trophy draught, it may be just the ticket for next season but I'm not banking on that just yet. We need an out and out Ian Wright style goalscorer, we need a solid central defender, we need a top class goalkeeper and most importantly, we need to get Vermallen, Fabregas, Nasri and Van Persie on the pitch at the same time for a sustained period.
Despite fixtures still to play, I think Man U will stumble their way to the title but I'll be delighted when they lose, because they haven't largely played well, have needed the help of the referee on more than one occasion and although I respect their mentality, it would be a travesty were that team to equal the feat achieved by the invincibles.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:05 pm
Group 1 winner

I think Nani plays a big part but he is too hit and miss though. He was looking like Ronaldo earlier in the season but offers zero consistency for me. Rooney - what the hell has happened there? Its a bloody good job lazy berba is banging them in otherwise who knows where you be would sat in the table.

Thinking about it - maybe the quality of the big 3 has dropped but the 'other' teams have got stronger for me. Man City, Tottenham, Sunderland and dare I say it Aston Villa. Villa will have a great second half to the season for me.

Good to hear you're ok DB - A journalism masters sounds right up your street. That is something you will be very good at. You still working or have you gone pro yet? :)

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Still working away. Been contemplating the idea of retiring for a while and this would give me a different string to my bow as well as indulging my opinionated nature should I get bored and want a pastime.
No point in going pro, it wouldn't effect anything. To be honest, gambling is becoming a bit like Arsenal, my passion is waning. If it wasn't for the wee man, I'd have packed up and buggered off to New York by now so I'm just searching for something to rekindle my enthusiasm rather than holding aspirations at being a renowned journalist.
I actually think the likes of Man City and Tottenham haven't improved greatly on last year. They've maybe been a bit flattered by the fact the big 3 haven't really fired. I doubt very much, the big 3 will drop anywhere near as many points in the next season or two yet Man City have only managed a bumbling 3rd spot and Tottenham a disappointing 5th. I believe the gap between the big 3 and the best of the rest will be fairly insurmountable for the next couple of years, even with City's spending power.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Wow - any reason for the passion waining? Did you buy that horse? Has Wyatt finally been retired?

Man City have improved but I agree not greatly. I think Spurs have though. They are a quality side and great to watch. They don't always get what they deserve though from games which I guess is football. LMAO as I say this they are 2-0 down with 10 men.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:47 pm
Group 1 winner

hahah whatever united haters - the league is ours to throw away , which we wont do because we dont do that!!

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Exile to the exchanges pretty much last straw but just not doing it for me anymore. Wyatt was semi-retired after his last run, don't freaking ask!! Mid Air had a respiratory infection which was cleared up by antibiotics but was bang in the middle of his winter so timing wasn't great. He went to Coombelands the beginning of the month but we think he might have been kicked by another horse, because he developed swelling below his hock and x-rays showed inflammation to his splint bone so he's back at the pre-training yard for now. He'll probably stay there till summer and if sound enough, we'll try and get a run in late autumn and take it from there.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Fingers crossed mate. I hope to see him soon. What silk colours have you gone for?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next