View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Champion Jocky: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer 
Group 1 winner

I've ordered today, this could be good fun!!!

Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:26 pm
Group 3 winner

There's not much difference between it and any of the other G1 jockey games. Same Japanese crap interface. Cheltenham or should I say Gloucester looks nothing like it should. Disappointed with the game on a whole.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:55 pm
Group 1 winner

go you have to have the ps3 move or can you use the ordinary controller.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

go you have to have the ps3 move or can you use the ordinary controller.

You can use ordinary controls.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I bought the game from Amazon and it got delivered Saturday. Eventually sat down to play it yesterday, and was grossly disappointed. If anyone has played or looked at G1 Jockey before, then it is basically the same game with a few tweaks and new features (which aren't that great). I really, really wanted to like the game and hoped it would sell well but I have a really bad feeling that it won't do very well at all!

The Story Mode is exactly the same as G1 Jockey, and the Race/Fun Race modes are a little boring. I must say I quite liked the new tracks though, and the in-game/race music is much better.

One thing I didn't manage to get on was the online mode as I got a message that I was "unable to connect to room", which was baffling as my router was working fine.

So all in all not very good - will stay faithful to it though and hopefully I can get online soon. :(

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:08 am
Group 1 winner

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:15 am
Group 1 winner

Finally got mine through this morning!! It is as you say the same as G1 Jockey with the addition of the tweaks but as much as people are giving it bad review, I find it quite enjoyable, i.e. today, long day at work just fancied a few hours fun, got straight in, already knew the controls (even if you don't they are easy to pick up!) and bagged myself a G2 winner after an hour playing on normal, up to about 7 or 8 winners now and despite my fair share of stinkers I find it quite enjoyable when flashing home from the back to nab it on the line, never been a fan of the cartoony feel but I can deal with that. Haven't tried the online yet so looking forward to that. Anyone fancy a race sometime on the 360!!?? Would love for everyone to post their best races on here as well! It's not great from a point of view of something you can really get stuck into and real but we've got Starters Orders for that haven't we! That's why were all here, I like having the mix of fun on Champion Jockey and seriousnessish realism on SO4!! Despite that I would love to see real course licenses and real jockeys, at least they have some of the proper race names this time rather than G1 Jockey's awfulness when it came to that lol! Happy Riding!
Edit: Wasn't a fan of the tracks either until I came across Grand Chariot (Awesome, even has the Mile long Stand and Screen on other side!) which is definetly based on Meydan and I now have a ride in the Godolphin Mile! Touch!

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes totally agree nick, and to be honest Gloucester isnt very much like Cheltenham in my opinion. I have not unlocked Japan yet so looking forward to night races

Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:08 pm
Handicapper

I am embarrassed to say that I only learned in the past few months, that Tecmo and Koei Corp. merged around 3 years ago and this is their first horse racing product!

I am pretty stoked about this game. First off, I finally have a reason to purchase a PS3. Second, we finally have a 3D horse racing console game that we can compete live with each other in races, online. Only four players can compete against each other at a time, but hey, that's a start! Yes, I am disappointed that it does not have more Gallop Racer influences in the game, but I am confident with our feedback on the game, Gallop Racer will show up more in the next version.

And for any who don't know, it is being discussed in the Tecmo-Koei forums in the ORLWorld YUKU forums. http://gallopracerseries.yuku.com/forums/372/CHAMPION-JOCKEY

Lead, the forum moderator and Tecmo-Koei staff member has been providing us with information for some time now. Please leave feedback there so Tecmo-Koei knows your likes and dislikes about Champion Jockey. It would be greatly appreciated by all.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I might get this. Had G1 Jockey on the Wii and it was OK, the breeding side was a joke though. Had Gallop Racer too on the PC i think but ages ago and I never really got into it...didn't seem to work properly.

Has everyone got it on the 360?

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:13 pm
Handicapper

Mine came today. Not been on it yet but will have a go later on. Got mine on 360 but only ever played these games on wii so may take time to get used to it.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Im up to 50 wins and got to choose a 2yo but still waiting for that G1

Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:39 pm
Group 1 winner

OK Lets practice pulling.

Good work you've perfected your pulling.

LMAO

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:50 pm
Selling plater

I played it on normal mode for about 1 and a half hours, and racked up 21 wins including a couple of G races. Must admit it's growing on my a bit, the new tracks are really good, and the "special abilities" that some of the horses have is a nice little addition, even though sometimes you don't expect them.

Think I'm gonna have to move up to hard mode though, for a proper challenge!

Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:32 pm
Group 1 winner

I played it on normal mode for about 1 and a half hours, and racked up 21 wins including a couple of G races. Must admit it's growing on my a bit, the new tracks are really good, and the "special abilities" that some of the horses have is a nice little addition, even though sometimes you don't expect them.

Think I'm gonna have to move up to hard mode though, for a proper challenge!

Completely agree, normal is a bit easy but I do have my fair share of shockers!! on 22 wins so far with 2 group wins, only been given 2 jump rides and won both! Need more!! Anyone on X-box live?? Give us a shout I fancy trying the online mode out!!

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next