View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Duke Nukem Forever 
Site Admin

Post Duke Nukem Forever
If like me you were gaming 12 or 13 years ago you will probably remember Duke 3D. Personally my favourite first person shooter of all time. It was a fantastic single player game and the multi-player was an absolute blast. I remember spending hours on playing lan games. It's still playable today if you can rise above the ancient graphics.

The follow up (Duke Nukem Forever) was a monumental c-ock up that has taken 14 years to arrive and now it's here it's been universally panned by just about everyone. Having played it myself it's kind of fun to see duke again but the game is a turd (speaking of turds the highlight of the game is the ability to pick one up from a toilet and chuck it across the room - that says it all really).

Anyway, it may come as a surprise that people are still making mods and total conversions for the original Duke 3D. I came across this TC the other today: http://fissile.duke4.net/fissile_wgr2.html
. It's free and you don't need the original to play and the amount of work that has gone into it is amazing. Just download and play. For fans of the original who are in a state of despair over the just released DNF this might brighten up your day.

Cheers,

Mark.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]