View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Moderating 
Group 1 winner

Moved to off topic. Possibly not a thread for General discussion, but certainly something worth discussing.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:50 am
Group 1 winner

i have to disagree you cant say 1 thing is right and 1 thing is wrong when
effectively they are the same thing it is still a crime everyone has to cut there cloth accordingly in life just my opinion

i also agree that this should not be locked its good conversation about a
touchey subject

over policing is only a bad thing what happend to freedom of speech
my grandad fought in the treches for it

i agree we need moderators when things get badly out of hand but this is hardly getting out of hand

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Hypocricy seems rife. It's not ok to copy SO4 but everything else is fair game,appears to be the consensus, in which case, you'd have to believe that if SO4 had been flawlessly cracked these same people would use it rather than pay 20 notes for it. Fail to see where it says that theft is not theft if the person you're stealing from is perceived to be too rich.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:50 pm
Group 1 winner

last movie i downloaded was despicable me - tell pixar to come and get the money off me pal if they need it.

all im saying is i dont think taking the odd movie is a big issue.

i wont transcend into big argument or trying any form of one upmanship but all i will say is i have done so much work for charity since the age of 16 and out so much of my own money to good cause that you could not possibly convince anyone who knows me that i am tight , or a 'thief' etc. all i do now and again is download the odd movie. who gives a shit

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:50 am
Group 3 winner

Not trying to have a big argument Hurricane. I would believe the people you rip profits from would give a shit, as would the artists who's work you steal. Shame the great train robbers couldn't quote the defence of ' I do do work for charity though your honour' they would have got off with it :D

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:45 pm
Group 1 winner

hahahah i dont think downloading the occasional movie is anything like armed robbery pal!!!

i completley undertsand all ur opinions btw, but on this subject i must admit i dont feel bad about downloading the odd film. they still make plenty of money out of me pal through cinema tickets and other dvd purchases. and im sorry but yeh when i see the amount of money they all get paid it helps avoid any remorse - when keanu reeves and company are given 30k a year instead of 30 million a movie i promise not to download their movies

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:23 pm
Group 3 winner

I see your point too mate, but a good debate goes a long way :D This differing of opinions matters not one iota in the grand scheme of life :D

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:51 pm
Group 1 winner

and the last words of your post are exactly why i take the odd movie - as it doesnt matter one iota in the grand scheme of the film industry.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:29 pm
Group 3 winner

I used to have to use the cracked version of SO because I didnt have a debit card but had no problem paying for the game once I could.

I believe it was Voltaire who wrote

"Stealing from an old woman who struggles to get by, is not the same as stealing from a millionaire with insurance."

ok, so he never wrote that, but he did write this

"The safest course is to do nothing against one's conscience. With this secret, we can enjoy life and have no fear from death."

If you can obtain something of material value, without the use of violence, without causing emotional distress or without any true loss to another person, your conscience should allow it.

Conscience dosent seem to bother those who have the money and power, and maybe thats why they have it. Banks and Governments have been stealing from you all your life.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:48 pm
Group 3 winner

And of course two wrongs have always made a right :)

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2