View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Online Horse Racing Games 
Group 1 winner

Post Online Horse Racing Games
Just curious to see if anyone plays any of the online horse racing games that are available (either for real money or just for fun), and what their thoughts are...

I have played both Raceclubs and Digiturf in the past, but found them both to be far too expensive to be competitive, and found the results to be far too unpredictable. Currently playing Newturf though, which is a lot better.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:54 pm
Group 1 winner

played the at the races one its quite good but most of those
websites entise you to spend real money to bolster your horses skills
i play an online golf game called golfstar and its class and you dont have to spend real money to be competitive like in the horse racing ones

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

played the at the races one its quite good but most of those
websites entise you to spend real money to bolster your horses skills
i play an online golf game called golfstar and its class and you dont have to spend real money to be competitive like in the horse racing ones

This looks quite good i think im going to join. cheers pjrhodes1970.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:38 pm
Group 1 winner

most of those websites entise you to spend real money to bolster your horses skills

That's what I thought too, until I tried Newturf. It's not like that at all though, as the only costs are buying horses and entering them in races (both of which can be done from €0.10 upwards) - other aspects of the game are free, unless you want to start breeding. The real beauty of Newturf though is its great breeding system. All of the horses in the game have been bred from other horses that appeared in the game previously (each "year" in the game is one calendar month). You can actually see every horse's lineage going back several generations, and click on its ancestors to see how successful they were in the game. Good breeding lines are very important in the game, but it's pretty easy to pick up a semi-decent stallion at auction to start your own breeding if you choose, and if you end up with a decent one, you can charge other players to have it cover their mares. In addition to this, as well as the flat racing which is the main part of the game, there is also hurdles (complete with fallers) and trotting races, and the 3D graphics are pretty good.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:40 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
most of those websites entise you to spend real money to bolster your horses skills

That's what I thought too, until I tried Newturf. It's not like that at all though, as the only costs are buying horses and entering them in races (both of which can be done from €0.10 upwards) - other aspects of the game are free, unless you want to start breeding. The real beauty of Newturf though is its great breeding system. All of the horses in the game have been bred from other horses that appeared in the game previously (each "year" in the game is one calendar month). You can actually see every horse's lineage going back several generations, and click on its ancestors to see how successful they were in the game. Good breeding lines are very important in the game, but it's pretty easy to pick up a semi-decent stallion at auction to start your own breeding if you choose, and if you end up with a decent one, you can charge other players to have it cover their mares. In addition to this, as well as the flat racing which is the main part of the game, there is also hurdles (complete with fallers) and trotting races, and the 3D graphics are pretty good.

cheers panther will take alook sounds great

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Online Horse Racing Games
Now that this thread has been woken up again after so many months lying dormant, going back to my original post, I must admit that I got bored of Newturf pretty quickly and stopped playing it in the autumn! I currently don't play any online horse racing games.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:27 am
Handicapper

After playing stableking for more than 3 years I started Trackking and it's really addicting, try it!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:21 am
Selling plater

I hope starters orders does not become pay for play???? I would rather pay $20 and purchase the game... then spend money to upgrade stables... I am scepticle of these online horse racing sites.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:03 pm
Group 1 winner

harnessfan wrote:
I hope starters orders does not become pay for play???? I would rather pay $20 and purchase the game... then spend money to upgrade stables... I am scepticle of these online horse racing sites.

Stableking is a decent game- completely free-only thing is its quite hard to get into as there are a lot of people who've been playing for years

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:37 pm
Selling plater

Be very careful of the online "play for real money" games.

They have been very dodgy in the past with site stables winning most of the big prizes and there was even one year where all the owner's good championship horses were suddenly changed just before the championship finals.
The game swapped all their horses for horses that weren't as good but they didn't even bother to replace them with horses that had the same running style. (all horses in these games had their own individual running style)

All the owners complained when their horses, that they knew really well, suddenly developed a new running style just before the finals and then ran really poorly.

Lots of owners left after that incident and I know at least 2 virtual owners who went on to buy shares in real horses with the money they had been spending monthly on their virtual horses.

Apart from anything else, you have to kill the majority of horses that you buy on these games as they are unraceable, so the game can cost you hundreds of pounds per month if you want to compete seriously.
Then there are no guarantees that you will be allowed to win any decent prizes.

Give these games a wide berth, especially the one promoted by ATR.
I wrote to them pointing out the problems that owners had written about in the game forums but ATR ignored my emails as they and Ladbrokes were obviously getting paid to promote the game and, as far as I know, they continue to do so.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:34 pm
Group 1 winner

atr i no for a fact have very little to do with the game they promote it and take a cut
it even has there logo all over the game and you can access it from there site but they wont take
1 bit of respnsability for it they will pull out the terms and conditions

i played this game spent no money won my first 9 races with 1 horse
i think thats the way the try to get you spending they lure you in that way
i got bored quickly with it and would not spend money on something like that

i did play a really cool online golf game with amazing graphics and paid about £2.50 to improve some my skills it was
run fairly and you can just play for fun with upto 40 online players but got bored when i knew i could not get any better unless i spent serious money no thanx
i can imagine the horse racing game you could spend alot of money
and get a rude awakening

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

The only online racing game i played was Reality Racing which is based in Devizes where you can like starters orders breed your own horses and race them against other peoples horses you paid about £1.50 a week which was for the newsletter which always arrived by a Thursday where people put in stable profiles also had the Sunday Race Results th3 next weekend entries also had horses up for auction or any that could be claimed from claiming races and horses who won a seller up for sale.

It also has a Online Site where you could manage your stable enter your horses declare your horses and even watch them on a sunday night after about an hour after the off. Entry fees was 22p but declaration fees was different from race band to race band anything from £2.00 to £25.00 all Prize money was paid out to the stables first three/four horses home i built up a good size stable but it got a bit expensive so i stopped playing about two years ago it was fun at the begining but by the end i got fed up plotting and planning for hours and got bored.

Heres is the website http://www.realityracing.com/default.asp

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

I have been playing a FREE online race sim for about a year now, slow to start of with but thats what you would expect, cant just join in and expect to be the best from the off, easily played not loads of time to be put in each week. Have a look http://www.pfsim.com/.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Just wondering if anyone has had a look at this game above?

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:28 pm
Handicapper

SIMHorseRacing is all you need folks, well apart from Starters Orders of course :wink:

Can be played free and is just as good. I play for free and I LOVE it!

If anyone plans to join send me a message in game, I'm 'Carole Hanson' :D

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next