View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Football Manager 2013 
Selling plater

Post Football Manager 2013
Does anybody on here play FM?

The Beta version of FM13 was released last night if you pre-ordered the game and I only got an hour on it but was really, really impressed!

I started as Man City (City fan) but only while i'll get used to it, being City is boring now with a great squad and loads of money. When I've had a season or so at City, i'll start a new game as a local side like Oldham/Bury/Rochdale or maybe even drop to the Conference and see what I can do with Stockport.

What are your thoughts? What team do you usually play with?

Also massive Manchester City fan :)

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:21 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Football Manager 2013
although i have not played FM for years because i got bored with it i might try it again it should have changed by now last time i played it Robert Earnshaw was at Cardiff City first time round i would try and be Newport Countys manager get them back into the league after 30plus years.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

I'm a LLM (lower league manager) myself. Currently managing Wrexham in FM11, and 2nd in the Championship. Do you think there are enough advances in FM13 for me to consider buying?

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:09 pm
Selling plater

I think so, i'm the same and didnt even buy FM12 because didnt enjoy the demo and just playing a bit of FM13 has made me realise how much leaving the game for a year makes you appreciate the advances made :)

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:58 pm
Selling plater

I have been really impressed with fm13 . I didnt get last years one but i played fm11 and loved it . I had been waiting for long time to come out lol . i was not disapointed . :) . I am a west ham surporter so i start with west ham . atm im at yeovil fc and going along well .

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:34 pm
Selling plater

The more i play FM13 the more impressed I am! I like how the stories get more personal near the end of the season!

I'm Notts County in the 2nd season after starting unemployed. And with 8 games to go i've just gone top of League 1 :) and the headline after the game was along the lines of "Impressive win puts Notts County on top"

think the transfer system has been improved, loan players are happier to stay with you permanently and players who have played at the top will drop down. I had Michael Johnson on loan from MCFC (injury prone but class) and when his contract expired at MCFC he was happy to accept a drop from 25k a week to 1.5k a week to play for Notts County! Shame he cant play more than about 5games without picking up a knock

Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Sounds good, with enough improvements over FM11 to consider buying, maybe an Xmas present to myself.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:41 pm
Selling plater

Defo improvement from FM11

Last night I got promoted with my Notts County side :) still 1 game to go and i'm top so I want the title!! Think i'll struggle loads in the Championship though, got some good players but not sure many are good enough. Also cant see me getting loads of money, we have about a million in the bank and i'm well under my wage budget but unless we get some outside input or I sell then i'll be lucky to get £250k to spend.

Main stars are Scott Wootton (CB from United), Jeff Hughes (CM), Denis Suarez (AM on loan from City, but will sign perm at end of season) and Adam Little (ST from Rangers)

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:27 am
Group 1 winner

Cheers mate, hoping it might come down to under twenty quid by xmas.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:19 pm
Selling plater

Go to a local football club. I think most are selling it at £20. Certainly Grimsby Town FC are(my local)

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]