View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 World Cup 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: World Cup
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... me=2958614

Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:40 pm
Group 1 winner

keithbeaky wrote:
First off it was on ITV. That scuppers that one. Secondly I could find 100 articles that say it was a pen. A lot of articles are just there to provoke an opinion and do so by saying that opposite to what most think. Football, like racing, is all about opinions. I couldn't care less who won that game or the world cup. If you dont think thats a pen then I wish you all the best watching football in the future.

Haha, no need to get worked up about it, seriously :) Either way, it doesn't really matter, as it happened last week and will be forgotten as soon as the World Cup is over!

This is definitely one that has divided people, but I know I'm far from being alone in thinking it wasn't a penalty, even if only for the fact that he clearly cheated to earn in, regardless of where Marquez's foot was. The replay showed that Robben could easily have stayed on his feet, and my opinion is that diving/cheating shouldn't be rewarded. I know there are discussions to retrospectively punish diving at future tournaments, and it really can't come soon enough!

Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Im aboslutely fuming! What are you on about? Worked up? As you listen to the pundits on ITV that tells me all I need to know.

He was theatrical and I think something should be done about the theatrics in football, along with the corruption and people dying building the stadiums so we can watch it. Bit too deep?

I dont think it has divided people. I would suspect people who tune in to watch football once every two or four years think it wasn't a pen. Whether he could get out the way or not you cant try to tackle someone after the ball has gone and make contact. Thats pretty simple.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:11 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm sure we both have better things to do than argue on an Internet forum about football, so let's leave it at that! As you said in an earlier post, everyone has different opinions, and that's how it should be. I'm intelligent enough to form my own opinions when it comes to sport. If pundits or journalists on certain TV channels happen to share those opinions, that's nothing more than coincidence! :)

... and apologies for the "worked up" comment. It was meant as a joke, but I realise it's not always easy to get the right tone with written words.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Look how much Shearer hates Gullit! Let it go, Al

Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Wow The Germans have demolished the hosts i thought they might get found out tonight but not in that fashion

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Yeah I'm surprised as everyone by the score line. I predicted a European final, so I expected them to win, but only by 1or2 goals AHA.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:15 pm
Group 1 winner

Easy money the Germans. I said it would be 2 or 3 by half time. Got that wrong!

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:09 am
Group 1 winner

Yeah, it was always going to be Germany last night. Even if Brazil had been full strength, the Germans would still have won it, but without Thiago Silva and Neymar it was always going to be a walk in the park (in saying that though, I was expecting something along the lines of 3-0 or 3-1!). It amazed me that so many of the experts predicted Brazil would win last night.

History is against host nations reaching finals anyway, but Brazil were nowhere near good enough and did well to reach the semis.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:26 am
Group 1 winner

Obviously we all had a lot of money on Germany then. Good night

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:37 am
Selling plater

panther wrote:
Haha, my thoughts on potential winner and dark horse are exactly the same!

Winner: Argentina (probably the best overall squad, an easy group and a possible continental/climate advantage)

Dark Horse: Belgium (the bookies currently have them as fifth favourites, ahead of the likes of France, Italy, England, Portugal and Netherlands, so perhaps not strictly speaking a 'dark horse' rachat de credit travaux, but I've put them in this category as they're not one of the traditional powerhouses of world football - they have a great squad and an easy group)

Top Scorer: Higuain (Argentina) or Lukaku (Belgium) - both have the potential to pick up a few early tournament goals in easy groups

You're absolutely right, but sometimes it's hard to ignore those outsiders.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:08 pm
Group 1 winner

The link that appears in the quote in the previous post certainly wasn't in my original post five years ago (!), so it's been added in there and I'm guessing it's one to avoid clicking on...

Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:16 pm
Selling plater

Thomass12 wrote:
panther wrote:
Haha, my thoughts on potential winner and dark horse are exactly the same!

Winner: Argentina (probably the best overall squad, an easy group and a possible continental/climate advantage)

Dark Horse: Belgium (the bookies currently have them as fifth favourites, ahead of the likes of France, Italy, England, Portugal and Netherlands, so perhaps not strictly speaking a 'dark horse' timssan tapis de prière , but I've put them in this category as they're not one of the traditional powerhouses of world football - they have a great squad and an easy group)

Top Scorer: Higuain (Argentina) or Lukaku (Belgium) - both have the potential to pick up a few early tournament goals in easy groups

You're absolutely right, but sometimes it's hard to ignore those outsiders.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:58 pm
Selling plater

How are the races going to be now with this coronavirus all around the world? I am currently staying at my Phuket real estate https://tranio.com/thailand/phuket/ and not sure when I can be able to come back to Europe, it's really crazy.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3