View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 No Globe for update 
Selling plater

Post No Globe for update
Hi all,

Am patched up to 1.077, but the globe does not show up to enable me to download patch 1.079,so stuck on 1.077.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Smitle :P

Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:24 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: No Globe for update
I read there was an update but I haven't got it?
I'm still on v1.074

Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:56 am
Site Admin

Both those versions are updating fine. It is likely you have some security software blocking the games internet access. Firewall or AV maybe. You need to add an exception for SO6.

If you still can't update the only option is to request a free Steam key. You will need to email in from your papal purchase account.

Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:13 am
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
Both those versions are updating fine. It is likely you have some security software blocking the games internet access. Firewall or AV maybe. You need to add an exception for SO6.

If you still can't update the only option is to request a free Steam key. You will need to email in from your papal purchase account.

Hi Mark - How do I get to these updates? About a few months ago I did pay for security software - so maybe this is why I haven't got the latest updates???
How do I fix this problem? I have Avast Security.

Doug

Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:47 am
Site Admin

NPG319 wrote:
Mark wrote:

Hi Mark - How do I get to these updates? About a few months ago I did pay for security software - so maybe this is why I haven't got the latest updates???

Doug

Not knowing much (anything) about Avast I would visit their forums as I expect this kind of issue is quite common. A quick google reveals pages such as this but I have no idea how reliable this information is: http://www.getavast.net/support/stop-blocking-a-program

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
Mark wrote:

Doug

Not knowing much (anything) about Avast I would visit their forums as I expect this kind of issue is quite common. A quick google reveals pages such as this but I have no idea how reliable this information is: http://www.getavast.net/support/stop-blocking-a-program

Thanks Mark. I have sorted it all out and am a happy camper. Thanks for your reply.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:30 am
Selling plater

Mark,
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
The problem was with my Avast antivirus.
Something must have changed in an automatic update, so I turned off Avast (still had Windows Defender working) to download latest patch (which worked) and then turned Avast back on.

Smitle

Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:42 am
Selling plater

Mark wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
Mark wrote:

Doug

That's a great solution. This one worked for me:

Disable Web Shield Module

1. Right-click on the orange ‘Avast’ icon in the system tray and select ‘Open Avast! User interface’ from the context menu.
2. Click on the ‘Real-time Shields’ in the navigation pane at the left to view all modules of the system security software.
3. Next, click on the ‘Web Shield’ module at the left side to view its settings in the right pane.
4. Click on the Stop button to disable the Web Shield module and stop Avast 2017 from blocking websites.
5. Select the ‘Stop for 10 minutes’ option if you want to briefly stop the shield or click on the ‘Stop Permanently’ option to permanently disable the module.
6. Stop Avast Free Antivirus 2017 from Blocking Websites - Disable Web Shield.
7. A pop-up window appears, asking you to confirm the action. Simply click on the Yes button to continue.

Hope this helps you. There are other methods to fix the problem of avast blocking websites too but I would suggest you to read more about them before deciding which one would be best for you.

Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]