View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 No sound in VR after Windows and Oculus update 
Selling plater

Post No sound in VR after Windows and Oculus update
Hi Mark

I know this may not be a priority but since the last windows update and the last oculus rift update I can no longer get any game sound out of my rift headphones when playing SO6 in VR. All my other VR games work but SO6 is the only game I play in VR that is not from Oculus Store or Steam and I think this is the problem. The sound will come out of my speakers in VR when playing SO6 but not the headphones. Have tried lots of work arounds to no avail could you or anybody else update me if their VR is working fine with SO6 and I know it is my own personal issue. If not is there any chance of a fix ?

Mon May 14, 2018 9:05 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: No sound in VR after Windows and Oculus update
Update

Have tried playing the game in VR on my older computer that uses Windows 7 not 10 and have the same problem. Also played Jockey Rush in VR on older computer and same problem no sound through Rift headphones but sound through speakers. Have tried 'mirroring VR audio' in rift settings and 'hear non VR apps in VR' but no luck. Did have same problems with some steam games for a few hours but then found an option in steam VR settings to turn on Rift headphones in individual game settings,which i've never had to do before. Of course this option doesn't exist in standard downloaded version of SO6.

Should I repurchase the game in steam and see if I can use their settings editor ? I am happy to do this. Will all my old game saves still work on the steam version of SO6 ?

Thanks for any help :)

Thu May 17, 2018 8:46 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: No sound in VR after Windows and Oculus update
I have found a fix for this.

If I go into the sound settings(right click on sound option select sounds then over to playback) and select rift as my default device it will now work. Not ideal having to do this every time i play SO6 but a big step forward.

Sat May 19, 2018 8:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]