View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Lost Everything 
Handicapper

Post Lost Everything
So, I've just loaded SO6 back up from playing it yesterday. I haven't updated anything, not changed a thing. For some reason every horse I had exported has gone. I have been left with the last 22 I had exported only. Gone from 100's of horses to 22. I also can'y load any of my old TFF files? When I put them in and go to transfer there's just no horses at all there. That's for every one. I have a lot of saved TFF's as I play the league, I'm going to have to literally start from scratch now, anyone got any ideas what's going on? Also all my saved games are still there

This is the second time this has happened, the previous time about 2 months ago, I hadn't played the game in about a year, and transferred from Desktop to Steam. When I did I'd lost a lot of exported horses (not as many as this time, but still a lot), and none of my TFF files had stopped working again. That time I again had to start again, again all my saved games were there, but anything I exported from them just disappeared.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:42 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Lost Everything
kniesh wrote:
So, I've just loaded SO6 back up from playing it yesterday. I haven't updated anything, not changed a thing. For some reason every horse I had exported has gone. I have been left with the last 22 I had exported only. Gone from 100's of horses to 22. I also can'y load any of my old TFF files? When I put them in and go to transfer there's just no horses at all there. That's for every one. I have a lot of saved TFF's as I play the league, I'm going to have to literally start from scratch now, anyone got any ideas what's going on? Also all my saved games are still there

This is the second time this has happened, the previous time about 2 months ago, I hadn't played the game in about a year, and transferred from Desktop to Steam. When I did I'd lost a lot of exported horses (not as many as this time, but still a lot), and none of my TFF files had stopped working again. That time I again had to start again, again all my saved games were there, but anything I exported from them just disappeared.

If you have the Steam version i wonder if it has anything to do with the new update that was mentioned in another thread?
Maybe if you have the Auto-Updates on steam turned on it now thinks its a different instance of the game.
My current version is 1.080, i have not updated. Chack what version you have now and perhps there is a way to revert to the previous version.
Just guessing.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:03 pm
Handicapper

That could be it, my version is 1.088. Didn't think updates done this though, seems odd it just wipes everything this late into the game being released?

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:10 pm
Handicapper

Also, how do I get it not in Steam please? I'd much prefer to play it that way but when I was downloading it always seemed to make me download through Steam

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:11 pm
Site Admin

An update should not cause you to lose your exports. Is the export file not there (the HDB_? file in SAVES)? Also there may be a HDB bak file you could rename.

Did you back up your export file in any way?

The Steam update was released to fix the time-out issue when the website is down.

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:26 am
Handicapper

Hi, thanks for the reply Mark, the 'bak' file and export file 'HDB' were both still in there, I hadn't touched either. I've never intentionally backed up my export file, didn't even know that existed till someone said in another post.

There is a HDB bak file in my saves alongside the normal one, it is a much bigger file size, how do I rename this though to slot it back in? I'd like to know this as the bak seems to have all the old horses I lost first time round please?

I uninstalled the game completely, then re-downloaded it through my original game key e-mail. This put it on my desktop not through steam, and all the exports I lost this week returned to my CK, along with my TTF files working again, just this weeks ones, the TTF files that I transferred over from my desktop computer to my laptop 6 months ago still wont seem to register. Any idea on that? I saved them all to a hard drive, then across to my laptop and they no longer worked. looks like it may have definitely been something to do with the Steam auto update?

Thanks

Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]