View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Ascot update 
Site Admin

Post Ascot update
27th August update:

There is an issue that may cause problems when racecourses are patched. We are fixing this but for the time being Ascot has been updated. As it cannot be inlcuded in the patch you have to manually download, unzip and copy it to the correct location. First you have to rename or delete the old 1_Ascot folder though to avoid problems. Then copy the new 1_Ascot (from the zip) to the courses location.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this then leave it. It will be patched at some point in the near future when the update problem is fixed.

Ascot has been scaled and the finish modified to avoid the rail overrun.

Link: http://www.startersorders.com/downloads/1_ascot.zip

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:25 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Ascot update
Hi Mark
I have downloaded the file but, after extracting, there are no folders like 'crowd', 'rails' etc to separate the course parts. Windows explorer then asks me to substitute filenames that have duplicated as they are all next to eachother. Opened up the map file in the editor and several things are up in the air. Could you resupply with the folders in place?
Cheers
bobsworth

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:51 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I have downloaded the file but, after extracting, there are no folders like 'crowd', 'rails' etc to separate the course parts. Windows explorer then asks me to substitute filenames that have duplicated as they are all next to eachother. Opened up the map file in the editor and several things are up in the air. Could you resupply with the folders in place?

All the paths are in the zip. Depending on what software you are using you may have to specify to extract retaining paths.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:13 pm
Handicapper

Just noticed this separate thread. I have managed to put the files into their folders. In the editor, the map file opens up but I notice that the course runs over the edge of the green area. Maybe related, Ascot schedules are not showing up in the in-game diary.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]