View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 kaspersky AV causing game slowdowns. 
Site Admin

Post kaspersky AV causing game slowdowns.
It seems a recent kaspersky update has introduced a new feature that slow's down Starters Orders 6. The most common point is when returning to the main game menu (the one with the list of owned horses and the coming days races).

You need to create an exception for SO6. More information here: http://support.kaspersky.com/8742#block2

PS. Returning to the main game menu from one of the sub screens should be fairly instant. If there is still a delay even after adding an exception try selecting the PAUSE PROTECTION option after right clicking on the Kasersky icon. Run the game. If it is now much quicker then Kaspersky is skill causing a problem (as it does on a test machine here).

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:00 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: kaspersky AV causing game slowdowns.
Hi Mark
I and problems with Kaspersky and SO6, I did as Kaspersky told me to do, for other member's this is what Kaspersky told me do do to stop with problems.
Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Labs technical support.

As you described the first step you need to perform is to create an Exclusion for the specific software. To create an exclusion please go to Kaspersky Settings Additional Threats and ExclusionsSpecify trusted applicationsAdd browse a path to the software's executable and check all six boxes.

It does seems to have worked, will let you know after I have played, a season or so

Hope this helps other players of SO6

Many thanks for your advice
Alan

Fri May 08, 2015 10:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]