View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Need help with imported billboard trees. 
Selling plater

Post Need help with imported billboard trees.
I'm using Mjtags11's 'Start It', and I was thrilled to find a personal favourite Hialeah Park among his courses. For realism's sake, I decorated Hialeah with palm trees and pink flamingos, which I imported as billboards per instruction in the editor guide, and although I got the course looking fantastic in the editor, it won't run in the game, and I get the infamous crash.

"Error: Access violation at 0x675CF79C (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated. LastCP is 'RF'."

I thought I had a conflict in some course or schedule file, but after hours of trouble shooting, I found it was my billboard trees and flamingos causing the crash. The course runs fine in-game without my imported billboards. Sometimes instead of the crash, the course works fine in-game, but my billboards won't show up, as if they're invisible. I tried using different .PNG images, and creating new ones with the GIMP. Nothing worked. I had planned to add palm trees to Santa Anita, Del Mar, and Gulfstream as well. I believe most race courses in California and Florida have palm trees, so having them able to be imported would dramatically improve realism and aesthetics. Any ideas on why my billboards won't work? Here's a couple pics.

https://postimg.org/image/pe7uwwqf5/

https://postimg.org/image/rbomwlix3/

Cheers, and thanks for reading this.

Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:49 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Need help with imported billboard trees.
Right now I have no idea why this would happen. You could email in your zipped map (and include any new entities you added) and if time permits I'll take a look.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:19 am
Selling plater

Thank you for the reply, Mark, and thank you for such a wonderful game!

I'll get my files together and email them to you.

Cheers

Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:08 am
Selling plater

I figured I'd update here as well, that I found a workaround by using a couple of photos on top of each other and rotating them to offset, creating my own 3D palm trees.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16326

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]