View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Mouse Click Crashes the Game 
Selling plater

Post Mouse Click Crashes the Game
Hi All,

Coming back to Starters Orders 6, created a new game, couple of months in to it (game time) and all of a sudden when I click the 'Play' icon (Go To The Racecourse) the game crashes and so6.exe has stopped working.

Being only a couple of months in, I thought about just restarting but it does it with the new game also. I've tried changing the resolution, uninstall and reinstall, etc. but it's the same problem each time.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Mouse Click Crashes the Game
br00kster wrote:
Hi All,

Coming back to Starters Orders 6, created a new game, couple of months in to it (game time) and all of a sudden when I click the 'Play' icon (Go To The Racecourse) the game crashes and so6.exe has stopped working.

Being only a couple of months in, I thought about just restarting but it does it with the new game also. I've tried changing the resolution, uninstall and reinstall, etc. but it's the same problem each time.

Cheers.

Are you using any Mods?

Gray

Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

simpleminds wrote:
br00kster wrote:
Hi All,

Cheers.

Are you using any Mods?

Gray

No mods at all - before and after the reinstall.

I've been messing around a bit, not sure what I did, but after it crashed one time, I reloaded and it worked fine! Went to watch the first race and the game crashed when the horses were about to start the race, reloaded and the 'Go To The Racecourse' error had returned.

Never had any issue when installing the game from Steam on my old laptop, this a new one and first time trying to install on here.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:19 pm
Selling plater

So, I switched for Directx11 to 9 and it seems to have completely resolved the problem...for the time being!

Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:32 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
So, I switched for Directx11 to 9 and it seems to have completely resolved the problem...for the time being!

What video card do you have? It could well be drivers. Try updating them and switch to DX11 again.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]