View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Foreign races having very few runners 
Selling plater

Post Foreign races having very few runners
Im about 60/70 seasons in and races in france, ireland and dubai have a lot of races with 2 or 3 runners. for example there was only 1 entry besides my horse in the prix royal oak at longchamp, my horse won the race when the other horse got pulled up injured.

this happening to anyone else?

Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Foreign races having very few runners
BobSagit wrote:
Im about 60/70 seasons in and races in france, ireland and dubai have a lot of races with 2 or 3 runners. for example there was only 1 entry besides my horse in the prix royal oak at longchamp, my horse won the race when the other horse got pulled up injured.

this happening to anyone else?

Yes!

I am approx. 95 seasons into my Australian game and roughly after the last update I started to notice fields for my international races dwindle down to sometimes 1 runner like you have had happen. I am noticing it with races in Japan, Hong Kong and Dubai especially. Races in England and the USA have been ok.
It sort of spoils the test of racing overseas when your horse is up against 2 or 3 other runners.

Mark - I know you are working hard on SO7 but is it possible to have a quick look into your last SO6 patch?

Cheers.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:34 am
Selling plater

thanks, glad to see im not alone. its definitely been only since the last update sadly

Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:02 pm
Selling plater

Hi Guys

I have also made a post about this in general discussions. Same problem.

Someone mentioned it was to do with changing schedules and modding etc but I have not done any of these things.

While I'm like most people and cant wait for SO7 and wouldn't want to distract Mark too much away from it, I would guess(Although I have no real idea) from past experience that it will be around the summer of 2018 before there is a fully stable playable version of SO7. That is a long time to play SO6 with quiet a big bug.

It is happening to me on different computers on different game saves. I think what has happened(Not sure though) is that the low level horses that were in these big foreign races are no longer entered because of a change in trainer AI. I have noticed that my small fields are usually fairly high quality. Foreign races have always been a bit tricky for Mark to get right and before this problem in my opinion he had it just about spot on.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:10 am
Group 1 winner

The small fields are not good - as long as the few AI horses in it are strong then that helps - I want my horses tested when racing overseas.
SO7 looks like it will be released sometime during the first half of 2018.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:46 am
Site Admin

One of the recent patches included quite an important fix regarding the spread of horses in the game over time. So the new problem with small fields is likely to be a side effect of this fix exposing another issue rather than a new bug. The old low level code that handles recreation and management of all horses has all been replaced (for SO7) along with all the other old low level stuff and time is limited so I'm not sure when I can get around to this but will put it on the list.

Some body mentioned 95 seasons in! Is this problem noticeable before that? It it noticeable on all schedules?

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
One of the recent patches included quite an important fix regarding the spread of horses in the game over time. So the new problem with small fields is likely to be a side effect of this fix exposing another issue rather than a new bug. The old low level code that handles recreation and management of all horses has all been replaced (for SO7) along with all the other old low level stuff and time is limited so I'm not sure when I can get around to this but will put it on the list.

Some body mentioned 95 seasons in! Is this problem noticeable before that? It it noticeable on all schedules?

Hi Mark - I'm the guy who's 95 seasons in. Before the last patch all was good.
I only play the stock Australian game - but it appears from what has been posted it is happening in other game regions.
Some overseas races are full fields and others can have only one or two starters - until the last patch all the races overseas had full or near full starters.

Doug

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:25 am
Site Admin

You could probably go back a patch without problems in this case.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]