View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Game Data file question 
Selling plater

Post Game Data file question
I just custom built a new desktop. My old desktop had a single hard drive for everything.

My new desktop has a master and slave drive system. Master drive (C) is for OS only. Slave drive is for everything else.

I installed SO6 on D but I noticed that the game data files went to Documents on C. Wrong location.

I only have so much space on the master drive.

Is there a way I can get the game to save the game data elsewhere on drive D because that's my main hard drive? It has 3 TB of space.

The master drive has only 240 GB of space and that has to be reserved for the OS for future updates (it's a new generation SDD).

I'm asking because I want to transfer my old game files that I saved from my old desktop. I just can't have game files taking up space on the master drive.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:00 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Game Data file question
Obviously you can install the game anywhere but the data is saved in a location allocated by the OS.

Part of the problem is with the replay files. There is a separate replay file for every race and in long games this adds up. You simply copy the saves folder over without the FBR folder. The FBR folder contains replay files. The games will work but replays won't be available.

SO7 will limit the replay saves so this will not be such a problem.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]