View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Idiots Guide To Editor Course Building 
Group 1 winner

Post Idiots Guide To Editor Course Building
Idiots Guide To Editor Will Be Updating has i go along.

For this Guide and because John wanted one we will use a Australian Racecourse so we will
use Hobart Racecourse for the Guide there is a film on you tube but no sound showing how i
do it in each step.

Step One - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCgPsUAH84Y

When you have decided which course you want to use Open up Explorer and go to Google
maps and search for Hobart Racecourse when you found it make sure you are 500ft on the
scale bar bottom right corner click to feet if your scale is in metres then Press Print Screen.

Step Two - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c4-jsYRu9s

Open Up Paint or whatever you use and click Paste your Print Screen photo should now be in
Paint click file and Save has JPG has Hobart make sure you know where this has been saved
to again click paste so you overwrite the current photo this time you need to crop the scale
bar once you have cropped it click the resize and pixels to get the scale size this one is 100
make a note you will need this later on close paint.

Step Three - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=112-9f_cs-M

You will now have to flip your saved Hobart.jpg to do this i use Paint.Net find your saved
photo of Hobart Racecourse and right click it and open with Paint you will now need to flip it
so on paint click Image and click Flip Horizontal you will see your picture flip now you will
have to save as Overlay.jpg in my film it will say it already exists so i have to overweite mine
but if its your first coure build it won't.

Step Four - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3lhULj ... e=youtu.be

Now we start using the Editor there is something you will need to know before you continue make sure you have the latest patch to the game handy has you need it after this section due to the Editor deleting things after you do the scale of map its a bug that has be in the editor for a while now but has not been fixed your games are safe but you will have to put whatever mods you are using back in.
Ok go and find your Editor go to My Computer and Local Disk C: find your Program files (x86) scroll down and find Starters Orders 6 click in and click on the Editor to open it up you will now need to load your Overlay.jpg into the editor so in top Red section you will see the Tab Named overlay click it and it sgould open up find the saved Overlay.jpg and double click it it should now appear in the Editor now Click Save and type in your courses name has i am using Hobart it will be Hobart.map remember its now a .map file.
You will now want to exit the Editor and then reload it so reopen up the Editor now click Load it should take you where you Hobart.map was saved has you will see there are now folders attached to the map crowd,terrain etc. click on your Hobart.map and it will reload into the Editor you will now have to Scale your map ( has above after this process some files will be deleted just redownload last Patch and put your mods back in) in the top Red Section click Scale and the editor will open a new page has i said before you should have noted the scale in Step one has mine was 100 i enter that number into the page and click enter it will now save it i will click save in the top section again just to make sure.

Step 5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkGIQjGGcdI

You are ready to start Press F1 and move your mouse around Press F2 and now try and move your mouse you
cant this is very helpful when moving around the map now Press F1 and W on the Keyboard this will move
you FORWARD or UP S will take you Backwards A and D sideways so lets find the Course on the map i always
try and find the Stand now i found the Course lets get Started.
Terrain - POINTS this is where the shape of the course is built the first thing we will look at is the points i
first used points on my Plumpton,Towcester and Exeter built Courses which Mark has added to the game and
is difficult to get right so we will built 1 point but not save it as if we do save it then you cant go back and
change it later. So Click Terrain and then points now to built a point find a area where you think we need to
built a Point i knew from Plumpton that there was a Downhill run on the far side so find the spot where you
think the course will start to go downhill and left Click and hold the White Ball will rise until you lift your
finger off now Click Build you will see the terrain change and go green all over dont panic this happens but
when you re upload your track again you will return to the map looking the way before now click reset this
will take you back where the White still showing press Delete and it should disappear i will find another spot
and do it again here i have risen the white ball again now if i clicked finished this would save this shape to the
course i dont want this so i will reset and delete this is the hardest thing to get right so i would mess around
before taking this on.

SPLINES can be used for lots of things but i am going to use this on the racetrack and pretend the back
straight at Hobart is undulating wether is or not i dont know so click splines and click where you want to
start i would suggest to place it on the side of the track not on the track itself now further along but in line
click again you will see 1-2 now press F3 and F4 you will see the ball rise and drop we will rise it this is a bit
tricky to get right to high and it will be really steep now go along the track click new markers remember you
will need to rise or drop on each ball has you put down has you can't rise or drop later you will need to do
when you first laydown the ball when you have finished Click Finish Set.
You will now need to laydown another set along the track on the other side this time just lay down the second
set without rising or dropping so flat on the ground and click Finish Set now we need to Align both sets we
dont need to align set 1-1 with 2-1 so click on Align Tab and go to 1-2 and click on now click on 2-2 and see it
align itself with 1-2 do this to the rest of the balls now you need to Set A Pair click on Set Pair Tab click on the
first ball 1-1 now click 2-1 you should now see both have been set to each other now i will move away in the
film to let you see the build now click build the terrain will change and you can see the undulations Finish
and Save you can't go back once you have saved it so make sure its as good as you can get it.

VERTEX can be use to transfer Terrain into mountains and lakes seas etc lets go to the sea and practice click
vertex you have 4 tabs click Raise now left click you will see it rise click Flatten and go over the area you will
see it flatten back out now click Raise again but this time right click you will see the terrain decrease do this
for a bit now click finish this will save it now click Enties if you are not in them and click on the Track Tab
scroll down to the WATER box click on it and place over the Decreased area you may need to move the water
by using you pointer on your mouse by pressing 5 and 6 on your Numpad will adjust the water around while 1
and 4 will move it up and down move it down until its in the decreased area and save. now we will go to
another area to built a mountain Click on Terrain and Vertex if the Grid is on just click grid and it will
disappear find a spot where on your course there would be Hills,Moutains click Raise you can expand the
wheel with your mouse wheel now move it to built you hill when finished save it why i on this click Spray
Paint and then Dirt Box on the Right now Press Y and U you will see the map fade in and out make green
now on the hill left click and you will see your hill turn brown right click will delete it end of Step 5.

Step 6 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSMOvzSKauE

Terrain Continued you will need to know where to find your Terrain folder the beginning of the film shows you where to find it has it won't appear me doing it later in the film has best just to have the Editor being capture the screen can capture it better i have now uploaded Hobart where i left off in Step 5 has i Press F1 point the up up and Press W you can see the hill we built Water in the sea but more important the Splines to do the undulations on the back Straight looks perfect to me.

Terrain SPRAY PAINT - Click into the Terrain Tab click on Grid to get rid we don't need this and click on Spray Paint we are going to learn how to use this on the right side Click the third box down with the Green circle with the white cross this will open up a new window you wont see it in the film now but you need to follow the directions at the beginning of this film to find the additional Terrain types you need i have selected Concrete now Highlight the concrete box so its now Red around the outside showing this is what you are laying down find a spot and adjust wheel size smaller or bigger and left Click on paint some area now press either Y or U to hide or show the Concrete Better now we dont want to leave it like this to make it alot better move your mouse pointer over the Concrete Box and Left Click and hold down on the Little Black Arrow just above the box while holding down mouse button hold down your Shift Button and move your Central wheel on your mouse back you will see the Terrain Changing and looking neater experiment with both other boxes and see the turf and dirt look better until your happy.

FLOOD FILL - This is a really good tool has i will demostrate here we are going to use this to cover the whole Racing track in one go now before we start save what you have just done has the editor can be buggy and one error will crash it and you lose what you had done prior to the crash so save often. Now click Terrain and Flood Fill now Press Y or U before to help you decide to start now laydown your first green spot has you can see i am using the line of the visible course and moving around the inside of the track if you need to adjust a green spot simply move your pointer on it click it and drag where you want it has i did with spot number 14 right i have done a full and placed a spot beyond spot one you now need to place your next spot on the otherside the Outside of the track and this time reverse back around the course back where you started again on this side now we have a choice wo what type of terrain for this turf i am going to use WET TURF has it will show better so now click the white box go into your terrain File and find Wet Turf and click it so now it shows on your editor click to highlight the wet turf box now to Flood Fill this area we are going to use Fill Polygons Click it it will take a few seconds to work now click finish Zone and view it if you decide you want to change it you can Click the X and upload say a dirt texture and put it in instead but remember if you have used any texture like wet turf before will also erase that aswell before exit click finish and save next Step we start building the course.

Step 7 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=burlqNEx4vo

RAILS - we will build the rails always click Finish Rail Set like i said the editor is buggy by clicking rails and trying to lay down the green spots wont work for some reason you need to click finish set then laydown your first green spot you should use the track has your guide for the placement of the rails we will do the inside and outside in this and get the full shape of the track Remember Click Finish after you have finished the rail set now click Join to join the Rail set you may need to Toggle Support Side so the legs are on the inside of the track not on the side which the horses will be running by.

Step 8 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laCMjRoTFdE

Entities We are going to put some down before we tackle the dreaded Waypoints first
thing we look at is the Stands they come in all sizes Tokyo is way to big you can
Adjust the size by O or L or U or J and I and K will make taller or smaller we will delete
Tokyo now you have practice its a bit touchy using the letters to adjust the Stand we
will delete Tokyo and Select Kempton's Stand its a good Stand apart from the roof i
have selected Kempton for a Reason for when we do the Shadows later on
now press 1 and 4 on your numbpad will lower into the map the stand or raise it i want
to lower so it looks better.
Trees you have a lot of choices but i wouldn't use any trees has this makes it blurry i
have selected Tree Pineoak to show you now i would Suggest to use the Billboard Tree
and Autumn002 or Autumn004 you will not have to resize them and when you have
exported the trees will be different in the game than here and not all the same you
can lay down one tree at a time by clicking Single or you can laydown a few by
clicking Spray again extend your Wheel for a bigger Area i would also suggest to use
the Bushes in Billboards for your track and dont bother with the Folliage tab to delete
any Entitie Just Highlight with your Mouse ans Select Delete we will have a quick look
at Buildings select a house place place on the map use you numpad to adjust the
building now we are doing a Flat track so we will do a quick Placement of fences and
hurdles if you plan a National Hunt Course 1 always select Fence 03A you can adjust it
the same way above with the letters when you are happy its now best to place the
other fences down has all your fence placements will be the same size if you dont you
will have to adjust everytime you put one down here is the ditch you will have to
adjust has its a bit wide again i always selct the same Hurdle Module Named Fence
Modul now adjust it until your happy with width and size again its best to lay these
down all at once or you will be adjust each Hurdle click track and place your Fence
Rail i will now delete them all and save next Waypoints.

Step 9 -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1rfCFy4Be0

WAYPOINTS -

We are now going to do way points these laydown the route the horses will take on the Track
Hobart is a left Handed Track so when your ready click Course select what you are building a Flat
Turf,Dirt,Hurdles 1 or Jumps1 then select Left Handed or Right Handed it is best to start on the
straight part of the track if the track has a Straight like Ascot i would start at the beginning of that
has hobart is Oval i will start on the Home straight now start laying down your points keep them
close to the Rails not to close as horses sometimes can go through the rails has you reach the
beginning again place one beyond you start point and select Build your waypoints will now be
joined up it is now best to check the course of the waypoints and adjust any spot with your mouse
and click build again until your happy. When you are happy its now time to use your Wrap Point this
is important to try and keep this aligned has best you can or you will notice the horses jumping in a
race at this point if your wrap point isn't straight enough i am using point one has my Wrap point
you will now see a red Boc with Finish Line on you can move this by pressing 1 0r 4 on your numpad
move around the track to see it follows the waypoints now you need to find your End Point Finish
Line now click End Point and move the Box to where you want the finish line i will put in the centre
of the stands now when your happy right click. Now you need to add bends select add bends and
place oone on the start of bend and one on the finish of the bend you can delete these if you go
wrong by just click delete bend and highlight white spot and delete.
Align Markers are suspposed to keep your horses close to the rails has possible i tend not to use
them but if you want to slect add align marker and place on a spot and again where you want it to end.
Now you want to Show Furlong Posts and starting points you can show your starting points by using
your Numpad now save your progress before you start on another race line i.e having more than one
racing line i will now upload NEWBURY to show you the Jumps 1 Track and because its a jumps
track i need to use more Wrap points around the track because of the longer distances and to
bypass the water Jump on the run in i have moved Rails and the wrap point i had to take the
waypoints around the elbow to join back up on the farside and aligned and use the wrap point here
Next Finishing bits.

Step 10 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_tcJ45ytAo

Crowds and finishing Bits now select Crowds we will put crowds into the Stands click Crowds the
stand now click on the stand with your mouse a Pink Ball Appears above the stand lay down four
spots in each corner of the section you want the crowd then click Build crowd if your Happy Click
Finish Crowd now click Ground to build on the Crowd when you happy Click Finish Zone we will
put down Advertising boards go to Entities and Misc Tab select some nad put them down now go
to Track and Find Stand View a picture of a Camera place this in you Stand and raise it by your
numpad pressing 4 until your happy with the view from it you can now place TV Screen on the track
etc Click Save Next Creating Shadows.

Step 11 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ymlsbqdTkM

Shadows we will Change the sky first Click Sky you will find the SKY folder in your 3D Folder with
your Terrain Folder is kept click which sky you want now its time to Create Shadows it takes a while
so i will stop filming Click LIGHTNING and Click Build Lightning When its has finished Press Ok
Save and Quit the Editor Next Exporting Your Course.

Step 12 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF3ytuZpu-g

Exporting i will now quit has this shows you the shadows after i finished building them and will quit
the Editor and reload both editor and course now click Export and export your Course again will
take a while save and quit. I will now Show how to get ypur Racetrack to work in your game

Step 13 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhpXT4KgjI8

Exporting The Files - you now need to Create a Folder create new folder and name it i know its a
australian Race course so i Named it 3_Hobart bow i go and find my Files
Rails,data,Crowd,Shadows,terrain and Trees and you Hobart.map file put these into your folder save
now copy this folder and paste it into your courses in the 3D folder.

Step 14 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKkXF5Vxsc

Location your course wont work without a location on the world map so go to Google maps where
your course is and zoom out and take note where it is in the world now go into your GFX folder and
click into your World Folder and Open World_4096 with Paint now find your location on the map
you will notice bottom left Pixels numbers changing when moving over the map once you have
found your Location take a note of the pixel Number and write it down now open Notepad and right
down the course with the number below we know its a Left Handed Course so find a left hand
course in the course data file and copy and paste between the course Name and location number
now you enter thes four lines of information into your Course data file and save now when you start
a new game the course will have automatic races allocated through the season for you to have your
own races you will need to add races to Showcase and Sched Files Finished any Questions please
use this Thread.

Last edited by simpleminds on Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Idiots Guide To Editor Course Building
Brilliant stuff Gray!!

Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:21 am
Group 1 winner

Hi Gray,

I'm still stuck my editor keeps crashing when I enter the scale number :(

Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Scatters wrote:
Hi Gray,

Follow section four John should fix it the editor is a bit buggy

Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Scatters wrote:
Hi Gray,

Follow section four John should fix it the editor is a bit buggy

It helped Gray thanks!

Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Step 6 Added Next Course Build.

Gray

Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Finished Any Questions please use this Thread

Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Thank you for this Gray.

Still coming to grips with point 5 & 6.

Will let you know, thanks heaps.

John

Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:02 am
Group 1 winner

Hi Gray,
As an example to point 4 above I know Randwick race course has a slight rise from about the 400m mark to the finish post (basically the home straight)

My question is do I use point 4 to reflect the rise (about 1 meter)?

Is it the point or the undulations to achieve this?

Thanks

Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Scatters wrote:
Hi Gray,
As an example to point 4 above I know Randwick race course has a slight rise from about the 400m mark to the finish post (basically the home straight)

My question is do I use point 4 to reflect the rise (about 1 meter)?

Is it the point or the undulations to achieve this?

Thanks

If you use Points Step 5 it will make the whole Track have a slight incline if you want just the Straight I would use Splines but just slightly raise and gently.

Gray

Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:01 am
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Hey guys.
Just wondering if it would be possible to include a single Hurdle/Jumps race in a 6 race program where the other 5 races were flat races?
I have an idea that it can't be done, but I thought I'd ask anyhow.
Here in Australia before they banned it, 1 or 2 jumps races would be included amongst an 8 or 9 race flat program and I would dearly love to recreate that scenario now that I have made a track.

Looking at the Ainstree files I see that it uses an extra jumps schedule and jumps showcase file.
I also see in Jockey Rush that UK racing has a separate jumps button.

Surely someone has tried this?

Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Wingding65 wrote:
Hey guys.
Just wondering if it would be possible to include a single Hurdle/Jumps race in a 6 race program where the other 5 races were flat races?
I have an idea that it can't be done, but I thought I'd ask anyhow.
Here in Australia before they banned it, 1 or 2 jumps races would be included amongst an 8 or 9 race flat program and I would dearly love to recreate that scenario now that I have made a track.

Looking at the Ainstree files I see that it uses an extra jumps schedule and jumps showcase file.
I also see in Jockey Rush that UK racing has a separate jumps button.

Surely someone has tried this?

In SO5 it was possible I made jump races for USA,New Zealand and Japan not tried it in SO6 has for mixed Cards Flat and Jumps in UK and Ireland it is possible but I don't know in Australia.

P.S

I thought jump Racing was still taking place in some Northern parts of Aussie but only just it's a pity that one blokes views has got Jump racing Banned in Australian I think that's one reason that Jim Mcgrath came over here to commentate and write about racing.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Yes I have to admit 'Simple' that I loved jumps racing in Australia and after watching a replay of the Grand National the other day I can assure you that none of our jumps racing would ever have been as dramatic as that.

As for the banning I really should have stated from Metropolitan tracks.
Some country tracks still have an annual meeting with a jumps race or two on the card, but they are very few and far between.

I especially loved jumps racing when the great New Zealand jumpers would come across to Australia and take on our best.

Btw I actually watched a few Grand National replays including Red Rums three victories.
I think he was pretty lucky to win the race where Andy Pandy fell, but who knows really.
The way he ran down Crisp in another of his GN victories was pretty gutsy so who's to say Andy Pandy wouldn't have got the staggers too.

Anyway thanks for the reply.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:08 pm
Handicapper

It is possible to create mixed meetings for any country that has its own schedule. Type out the day's card in the schedule file - should be 'sched.dat' (including your jumps races). List the conditions of each flat race in 'showc_f'.dat'. Then create a 'showc_j' file (if there is not one already) and list the conditions for the jump races.

On the 'courses.dat' file, create a new section for jumps or hurdles and enter the track that has the jumps course.

When the game comes to play out your new meeting, it will list the races in the order you set them in the 'sched' file. Your one or two jump races should appear on the card if you have listed them correctly in the 'showc_j' file.

Hope this helps.

Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:54 pm
Selling plater

Thanks for the reply Bobsworth.
I was however specifically talking about the new game Jockey Rush.
Your information looks like it would be correct for Starters Orders however my game (JR) seems to be geared towards Australian flat racing only.
I did try however and went ahead and inserted your details into my sched_f and showc_f and I could get all the races to list in the diary, but the jumps races listed amongst the flat races showed no horse entrys and had (VOID RACE) in brackets after the race name.

There was simply no point trying to create different types of other schedules or showcases as the Australian setting just would not read them.

If you still find this to not be correct Bobsworth please let me know as I'd love to get this working for my home course.
But something tells me that Mark has not enabled some type of setting for Australia to allow mixed meetings.

Am I right, Mark?

Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next