View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Giving it a Go 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Giving it a Go
meast32 wrote:
Do any of you guys know how to rotate an entitie (EX: Toteboard) when I paste it into the track and it is not facing the direction that I want it to?
Same with houses and other entities... I want to face a certain direction.

There are two keys that do this. I'm not with the editor right now but if you look at the grey box on the bottom right hand corner there are two keys, Rotate+ and Rotate-. I think they are U and J but not 100% sure.

EDIT: I am wrong... they are 5 and 6 on the numberpad.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

A few queries:

Ascot - I have plotted a course for the round mile. But I notice that the circumference of the course on the editor is 1m2f when it is really 1m6f. This means that the editor treats the 1m start as the 6f marker. Is there a way of expanding the scale of the course so the start lines are in the right place?

End chute - would a future version of the editor allow for two end chutes? This would solve the winning post problem at Cheltenham as you could have one chute each for the hurdles and chase courses.

Stand view - how do you move this? I go on to Entities, then click on Stand View, left click on the orange ball but cannot drag it.

I have made a second folder for Cheltenham where I am plotting the old course. I copied the files from the original folder across so the plots still appear for the new course (jumps/hurdles 1) but I will mark the old course on jumps/hurdles 2 and set 2 as the default. How would I get the diary to register the old course e.g. for the autumn meetings?

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:37 am
Selling plater

It could be that Ascot wasn't scaled up when it was created. It looks like the default size is 99 pixels per 500 feet based on what Google Maps shows. Try making a copy of the Ascot folder as a backup and then load ascot.map into the editor and click on the scale button in the red menu at the top. Type in 99 and hit return. The map will scale up slightly now. Once this is done select the course, ensure that mouse look is not being used (either press f2 or don't hold down shift) and then press numpad 7 to add 1 mile to start point position, then press numpad 8 a few times until you get 6 furlongs (the information for this is shown in the help menu and the bar at the bottom right). As you change the distance for the course you will see a box appear on screen showing the start position for the selected distance.

We may have to support multiple end chutes in the future and also add in ways of dealing with more complex layouts, but for now the priority is on fixing bugs and ensuring the game is stable.

Hold down the left control key and left click and hold and drag on the orange ball to move the stand view entity.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Ok, I'm going to tackle Charles Town, which on paper should be one of the easiest courses to create from scratch...

Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Hmmm, no, I'm still getting exactly the same error that I was getting before. As soon as I try to 'scale' my Google Maps image, it crashes. I did what someone else suggested earlier, and tried to save it first, but it crashed when I tried to save it. I'm definitely running in Administrator mode, and I know that my laptop can handle the program, as I can load up other courses and navigate around them quite freely, without any issues.

Any suggestions as to why I can't get through the very first phase of creating a new course? How big should the initial image from Google Maps be? I've been taking a full screen print (at 500ft scale), then mirroring it and cropping as big a rectangle as possible without getting the windows borders in. Am I doing something wrong here?

Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:58 pm
Group 1 winner

I've now managed to save a course, then go back in and add the overlay, but I still get a crash every time I try to rescale.

Just too frustrating.

I'll settle for making a few new courses using existing courses as templates, as that seems to work no problem. I'd like to have been able to create a 6f loop and the 12f loop of Belmont, but perhaps others will upload their creations at some point.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:20 pm
Selling plater

panther, one thing to check and it's probably not mentioned anywhere - make sure your image from google maps is named overlay.jpg.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Orvillian wrote:
panther, one thing to check and it's probably not mentioned anywhere - make sure your image from google maps is named overlay.jpg.

Yeah, I did that as well, and I double checked that it was save as a JPG instead of a PNG.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:30 pm
Selling plater

panther, what happens when you click scale? Do you see some text asking you to enter a scale value? Do you enter the value, hit return and then it crashes? If so, what value do you enter and what are the dimensions of the image?

Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:39 pm
Group 1 winner

I made a course and tested it Both Hurdles and jump Races went ok a bit shakey so I deleted it and now doing it again this time I hope it looks better :lol:

Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Orvillian wrote:
panther, what happens when you click scale? Do you see some text asking you to enter a scale value? Do you enter the value, hit return and then it crashes? If so, what value do you enter and what are the dimensions of the image?

I get to the screen where it asks me to enter the value. I enter 90 (the measurement taken on Google Maps), hit return, and yes, that's where it crashes. The image is 924 x 520 pixels.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:01 pm
Selling plater

panther, I checked things out and found that when scaling the code assumes things like the course is already in place. It's something I need to change for the next version of the editor. The option to scale was put in as a late feature to alter the scale of some courses we had already built, but it's not really been tested so much.

For now I would suggest resizing your overlay image inside the image editor you use. The default scale 103 / your scale of 90 = 1.14, so scale up your image by 1.14 taking it to 1053 x 593. Now when you make a new map the overlay will be the correct scale when you add it.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:26 am
Group 1 winner

Orvillian wrote:
panther, I checked things out and found that when scaling the code assumes things like the course is already in place. It's something I need to change for the next version of the editor. The option to scale was put in as a late feature to alter the scale of some courses we had already built, but it's not really been tested so much.

For now I would suggest resizing your overlay image inside the image editor you use. The default scale 103 / your scale of 90 = 1.14, so scale up your image by 1.14 taking it to 1053 x 593. Now when you make a new map the overlay will be the correct scale when you add it.

Thanks, Orvillian. I will try this later and let you know how it goes.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:33 am
Group 1 winner

To the boffins why is it that when I tried to save my course in anew folder it would always crash but I copied Warwick course cleared out everything but the Map and put in my overlay map and when I came to save it actually worked. Any idea why.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:06 am
Handicapper

Is there a way of testing the tracks we have created? I have made one for Cheltenham's old course but there doesn't seem to be a facility where I can check whether a field runs correctly over it.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next