View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Jockey Rush - Suggestions thread 
Selling plater

Post Jockey Rush - Suggestions thread
Congrats Mark on a great game - simple yet addictive!

I don't know how much post-release development will be done on this game as I know SD is a small outfit with more of a focus on the SO series, but perhaps if folks posted ideas that could be patched in at a later date it would give Mark some food for thought.

So, starting the thread...

1) A little bit of trainer AI wouldn't go amiss - if you get a good result on a horse, could the trainer remember you for the next time it runs? For example - I've been on some good horses first time out, and the trainer tells me I did a good job, and it may well go in again soon, then you see the horse later on, and its run a few more times without me knowing. It would be nice to be asked to ride it again - or the email system doesn't really mean anything!

2) A little more realism? - At present, a novice jockey with a low reputation can just fast forward straight to Dubai World Cup day and pick up rides in G1,G2,G3 races and get big reputation gains by riding average horses to results above the trainers expectations! If your reputation is Class 5 or 4, then rides in higher level races should be few and far between until you reach that level - Again this could link in with point 1 above - If you did a good job on a horse, then perhaps the offer to ride it at a higher level would be there - often above your "level"

Just a few thoughts - and it would probably take way too much work - other folks feel free to post.

Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:30 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Jockey Rush - Suggestions thread
On a 1 year game I don't have a problem with the rides offered but I started straight away with a 5 year jumps Career and after a few weeks I am already flying away with the title totally agree longer the career harder to get good rides perhaps we should start out apprentices riding in low handicaps and building a reputation and perhaps a trainer offering me to be stable Jockey also like to see more meetings per day so a bigger choice where to ride.

Gray

Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:04 am
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Hi Mark.
Really enjoying the simplicity of the game thus far.
I do have a request though if I may.
Is there a way to have 3 save profiles so that I can save a season game from all 3 countries?
At present it seems one would have to finish a season at one country before they could play a different area.

Sorry! Just realised that there are actually 4 profiles available by highlighting each nations icons and saving after each different game has been started.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:51 am
Selling plater

would be good if we could start as an apprentice jockey. and get retained to a stable. also think a bit more emphasis on big meetings like Royal Ascot and Cheltenham. enjoying the game hopefully more can get added through time.

Is there any news on getting game green lit on steam????

Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:26 am
Selling plater

I would like a replay mode, so you can see your horses progress through the race.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:48 pm
Selling plater

Hi Mark.
I'd love to see a combined schedule or at least the ability to add jumps races to the current schedule for Australian racing.
It's true, a lot of venues in Australia have banned jumps racing, but this is even more reason to have a mixed schedule so that rare race meetings like 'Oakbank' in South Australia and 'Warrnambool' in Victoria can have their big combined flat and jumping annual carnivals in April and May.

Now that I've made a few courses for Jockey Rush I really want to be able to make a jumps course or two for this great game so please strongly consider this request.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:19 pm
Handicapper

Andy-H wrote:
I would like a replay mode, so you can see your horses progress through the race.

I think thats a good idea because SO6 has it.

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:07 am
Selling plater

How about tracking $ won riding? Simple stat but a fun one!

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]