View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Horse name Database 
Selling plater

Post Horse name Database
Hi Mark or others in the know.
How large does a horse name database need to be in order for it to work in Jockey Rush/Starters Orders?
Looking at the colts and fillies name lists for Australia I can see that there are 11K and 15K names respectively.
If I wanted to replace these with real Australian horse names from the past and present, what would be the minimum I would need in each file?

Also when are a horses characteristics/attributes applied?
At its random selection?
If so then I guess its not possible to have a particular horse look like it does in real life, unless it just happens by plain dumb luck?

One last question.
So if horse attributes are given at the horses random initial selection, does it look the same the next time it races (e.g - colour/markings etc)?
If so, are these details stored in the encrypted saved files?

Sorry to be a pain guys but I guess I'm just trying to work out if creating a real horse name database is worth the trouble.

Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:18 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Horse name Database
I can't answer the first question, although I'm also interested in the names. I believe colors are assigned randomly, except in the case of legends (which you cannot create, although how I wish). Every time a horse races it will be the same color. It is (I assume) assigned upon entry to the game. Here is the difference, if gamebred horse "Gilded Age" retires, and 3 seasons later a "new" Gilded Age is placed into the game, his color is again assigned randomly, so he may be a different color from his previous version.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]