View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Take The Reins - Potential Bar 
Selling plater

Post Take The Reins - Potential Bar
I feel as if the Potential bar when you Take The Reins is just broken, especially in sprint races.
Okay so I've taken the reins on multiple front runners and got a perfect start and the horses paces goes up about 3 quarters of the way without any input.
If I don't hold down the down button to pull the horse back I will not have enough potential to last the race.
Basically I have to hold back front runners to the mid or back of the pack to reach full or near full potential.
In gods name how does this make any sense?

Then when you do save potential and you get in a drive and use the whip the potential bar isn't even half gone but the horse just slows down in a shot.
I just feel that the potential bar really needs to be looked at.
Some horses when they break there pace bar doesn't go up too high but others, seemingly my horses with the highest potential and extra speed rating are the ones that start the race with very high pace. I don't see why a fast horse gets hampered by the potential bar.
In race Potential bar has always been iffy but even more so with the recent patch.
This seriously needs to be looked at.

Also another thing, I have several horses with full potential who cannot even win a race because they pull too hard.
I've tried every single race instruction and pacifier and nothing works. Again the top horses getting hampered by crappy code.
One other thing is that whenever I enter horses and I skip the race they're not consistently winning.
The only way it seems to consistently win races is to take the reins and now the potential bar is just broken.

Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:07 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Take The Reins - Potential Bar
Hi,

I take the reins. AI jockeys are just too unreliable for me especially over jumps.

Anyway, I have noticed that sometimes, front runners potential doesn't improve beyond half full. If my horse is racing below it's grade, the potential bar will fill very quickly and to the max. A horse racing in grade 1 races unless top class is unlikely to fill the bar up front running unless you regularly rein in to build up that potential.

I have also noticed that when i ride some front runners in the jumps game, the bar only fills half way and then begins to slowly deteriate as if you have reached the optimum. You have a decision to make here, you can try and get some cheeky breathers in or you can attack the fences, looking for fast jumps and go off in front like Crisp in the '73 National'. This is fun and the timing of 'when to go' or the 'take a breather' decision making, is one of the things i love the most about taking the reins in this great game, on a front runner.

Another thing i have noticed is that sometimes when the potential is exhausted on a front runner, even a mile out, a horse will maintain it's speed if you urge it along. In this scenario, try and hold back that first whip until you absolutely need it.

So, in conclusion and based solely on the jumps game. Front running potential gains are based on a plethora of variables, ability of horse, quality of race, going preference, type of track (much easier to front run on a track with tight turns and multiple fences in straights), horse quirks (some horses don't like being taken on for a lead) distance preference, horse stats etc.

Appreciate you asked based on the flat game and my reply is based on my opinion empirically but i hope this helps.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]