View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 STARTERS ORDERS 2 ON A WINDOWS 10 MACHINE RACE SEQUENCE SLOW 
Selling plater

Post STARTERS ORDERS 2 ON A WINDOWS 10 MACHINE RACE SEQUENCE SLOW
Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate anybody's help here please.

I used to play SO2 for many years and i have recently tried to revive the game on my windows 10 pc but even though the game loads and everything is playable the race sequence runs a bit slower than normal.

If anyone has any idea how i can run the game in all its former glory on my windows 10 pc could you please let me know as i would love to play this again.

I have tried endless settings and troubleshooting help in windows and i got it working once even though the text was a bit squiffy the race sequence ran perfect but unfortunately i cant remember the settings i used.

I Also would like a download link for SO2 please as i bought the original softwrap version all those years ago and i cant find one anymore.

I would dearly love to play this game again please guys if anyone has any ideas on how to make it work on a windows 10 pc.

Thanks

Tony

Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: STARTERS ORDERS 2 ON A WINDOWS 10 MACHINE RACE SEQUENCE
Why not just buy SO6 (or even SO7) instead?

Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:57 pm
Selling plater

BEACUSE SO2 RACE SEQUENCE IS BETTER

Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:51 pm
Group 1 winner

tonylaf wrote:

I think if you right click on the short cut you can select to run games in older versions of windows
like windows 95 etc

Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

tonylaf wrote:

Seriously? How?

https://www.sportsleagueladders.com/

Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:22 pm
Group 2 winner

Teleprompter2 wrote:
tonylaf wrote:

Seriously? How?

Oh... Steve of cause tonylaf is being serious, see how you're trying to do things Steven. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:44 pm
Group 2 winner

:wink:

Happy new year Tomas.

https://www.sportsleagueladders.com/

Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:39 pm
Group 2 winner

Teleprompter2 wrote:
:wink:

Happy new year Tomas.

To you and your family steven may you have the best of year mate

Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:08 pm
Selling plater

tonylaf wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I used to play SO2 for many years and i have recently tried to revive the game on my windows 10 pc but even though the game loads and everything is playable the race sequence runs a bit slower than normal.

If anyone has any idea how i can run the game in all its former glory on my windows 10 pc could you please let me know as i would love to play this again.

I have tried endless settings and troubleshooting help in windows and i got it working once even though the text was a bit squiffy the race sequence ran perfect but unfortunately i cant remember the settings i used.

I Also would like a download link for SO2 please as i bought the original softwrap version all those years ago and i cant find one anymore.

I would dearly love to play this game again please guys if anyone has any ideas on how to make it work on a windows 10 pc.

Thanks

Tony

Did you ever get this sorted, I gave up, so when I needed a new computer I made sure it had Windows 7 just so I knew I could run SO2. :D

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:07 pm
Selling plater

For some reason, not sure why, SO2 stopped working on my Win 7 computer, it was installed at C\games\SO2, which is the default location. After a number of attempts changing the compatability settings I gave up, then after speaking to a friend who suggested I install it straight onto the C drive ( C\SO2 ) it worked.
This got me thinking, would this work with Win 10, not having a Win 10 computer I can't try it out, but for someone who has it would be worth a go. :wink:
Got it working on my new Windows 10 computer, installed straight on to the C drive, compatibility as Windows Vista, DPI settings tick both boxes, 'I open this program', 'Application'. Graphics a bit juttery but doesn't distract from the gameplay, give it a go.
On review, the graphics do run a bit slow, not a major problem, hopefully I'll get used to it.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:51 pm
Selling plater

tonylaf wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks

Tony

Finally got this sorted, run as Windows Vista, go to graphics card control panel eg. Nvidia, manage 3D settings, program settings, add SO2, turn off all the antialiasing settings, save and away you go, many more years of SO2. :D

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]