View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Jumps game 
Group 1 winner

Post Jumps game
Hi, I think one thing that has been mentioned a lot is development of the jumps game, particularly to have graded novice races, and the progression of horses through bumpers, hurdles and then chasing, currently a lot of horses go straight into chasing or from bumpers to chasing, and this career progression that we see in real life is rare to see in the game. This would be a great addition.

There are also problems with international race entry, in so6 i know international horses couldnt run in novice races, that seems to have been fixed now, also all novice hurdlers were 4/5 years old, no horses were running in novice hurdle races above this age, this might be a reason for why so many horses were going straight into chasing because once they were above this age they couldn't run in novice hurdle races, although the game player could enter horses if they were older. Also, international horses still dont seem to be able to run in graded handicaps. For example, the graded handicap races at cheltenham or the grand national, if I prep these with some irish races, the irish horses never seem to run in them.

Thank you

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:37 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Jumps game
Totally agree with the above, would love to see those additions.

QWSA how have you found the breeding side of national hunt/jumps horses?

Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:49 pm
Group 1 winner

I haven't tried it to be honest, I've read here that it is quite lacking, but I think the breeding in general needs a lot of development, particularly in the number of offspring top stallions are having, and the fact that mares seem to be having more than one offspring per season.

I must say that I am more concerned with breeding in the flat game as this is where breeding is more important, but I think if improvements are made to the breeding in general this should improve both flat and jumps breeding.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:06 pm
Selling plater

Fair enough, I haven't had much luck in SO6 so wondered if it had been improved in SO7.

Mark mentioned in another thread to ignore the dropping potential as a horse gets older because there is a hidden stat parameter that defines how good the offspring will be. I wasn't aware until I read that. Usually I retire from game any horses older than 8.

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]